Vehicle Disabled? How about Infantry Disabled?

Vespervin
1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've had this idea since Battlefield 3. What if were possible to become disabled as infantry if our health drops below say 25%, or 10%, or whatever? When we're disabled we walk and run slower, but if we run it's a bit harder to control direction and you lose health faster, you bleed out. The only way to recover from this is with a med kit from a Medic.

Thoughts? Or does it change the game too much?

Comments

• xBrokenLogic
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    nope lol. That's too much. Infantry gameplay is so hectic that we'd be disabled every 30 seconds.
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, I was just playing Operation Metro (BF3) and I couldn't imagine that mechanic working there, haha, with all the jumping around and whatnot.

Oh well. Just an idea I've been wanting to put out there.
  • StarscreamUK
    7521 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    in some ways yes, nice idea, but as you found out, in other ways nooooooo

anything with major chokepoints would be horrendous
  • GalaxyMix
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I like the idea, but it has to be done so well that it does not anger the player. Make it feel fair.
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely not, that would only be aggravating. This is a game, not a milsim.
  • Marshennn
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather just have a feature (in normal preset) where if your health drops below 50-60%, you will have to look for a medic bag to go back to 100%. This way health regen still works when you receive minimal damage (fall damage and other random incidents), but the medic bag is also not as comparatively useless as it currently is in normal.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What if it only happened on 1% HP and you have to crawl everywhere and can only use your sidearm. You would need a medic to syringe you to stand back up and fight normally.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nice but not for battlefield.
    May I add dragging bodies out of harms way and than revive.
    Prevents maybe getting shot instant when revived
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Yes this would be nice. Battlefield did not always have health regeneration. If it goes below 25% it should not regenerate unless you get a medkit. And as for the disabled aspect it could totally work. You could be disabled for a few seconds then back to normal but your health would not regain unless you get a medkit. This would actually make maps like metro and locker more fun. This wouldn't necessarily change gameplay. Also battlefield did not always have vehicle disabled but it works. And it make since. Your tank shouldn't operate perfectly up until it's completely destroyed. Same goes for soldiers. This is not Cod and it's not a military simulator. It's inbetween and DICE is always looking for that perfect balance. And they are doing a great job. And the vehicle disabled was a good addition.
  • Bohunk_l
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 2016
    Instead I'd like to see it done like Wolfenstien, where your health heals in increments (perhaps 10-25% would be good) and you need medical items to reach 100% again
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    I've had this idea since Battlefield 3. What if were possible to become disabled as infantry if our health drops below say 25%, or 10%, or whatever? When we're disabled we walk and run slower, but if we run it's a bit harder to control direction and you lose health faster, you bleed out. The only way to recover from this is with a med kit from a Medic.

Thoughts? Or does it change the game too much?

To much maybe for a bf game .
    Maybe some trembling sights under 10 percent health. I little bit like the supression effect
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I have nothing against the idea of losing the ability to sprint (or of being able to operate only in a crouched or prone stance) when your health is below 10%.
  • snavelaer
    Yes this would be nice. Battlefield did not always have health regeneration. If it goes below 25% it should not regenerate unless you get a medkit. And as for the disabled aspect it could totally work. You could be disabled for a few seconds then back to normal but your health would not regain unless you get a medkit. This would actually make maps like metro and locker more fun. This wouldn't necessarily change gameplay. Also battlefield did not always have vehicle disabled but it works. And it make since. Your tank shouldn't operate perfectly up until it's completely destroyed. Same goes for soldiers. This is not Cod and it's not a military simulator. It's inbetween and DICE is always looking for that perfect balance. And they are doing a great job. And the vehicle disabled was a good addition.

Dice listen to much to people that make these super complicated 'solutions'.

Who explains these rules to the player?
    Hell most players have already diffulculty finding their medbag or ammobox IF they even posess them!

The reason Dice implement the disable feature was because low healhted 'modern' tanks would move around the map to quickly.

These tanks in ww1 are slow and otherwise the bumps and cranks in the map will slow them down
  • Avarik
    594 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Technically you DO get disabled as an infantry when your health drops to zero...you just need someone to revive you to get back up. : D
  • King_of_Jimmies
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Avarik wrote: »
    Technically you DO get disabled as an infantry when your health drops to zero...you just need someone to revive you to get back up. : D

• Vespervin

ACTUALLY, it's possible to get to 0% and survive. :)
  • bf1helicopter
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    snavelaer wrote: »

Dice listen to much to people that make these super complicated 'solutions'.

Who explains these rules to the player?
    Hell most players have already diffulculty finding their medbag or ammobox IF they even posess them!

The reason Dice implement the disable feature was because low healhted 'modern' tanks would move around the map to quickly.

These tanks in ww1 are slow and otherwise the bumps and cranks in the map will slow them down

Super complicated solution?? And you don't need it explained to you. Most will be able to understand the first time it happens. That if you get hit enough, you become disable.. Oh wow a med just healed me! I don't understand what's happening!!?? The people you are referring to would have much more fun in Cod.

As for BF1 this could make hand to hand combat immersive instead of a flip of a coin who dies. But I'm sure they already made that part of the game great.
  • snavelaer

Bam! :) good point

But I loved to play medic but not in bf4. The revivetimer was to short
    In planetside 2 if you die you can either wait 30 sec till you get revived or spawn again

• MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No, that's still not 0%, you just have your health in the decimals. Perhaps something like 0.3% health.
  • Vespervin

No, that's still not 0%, you just have your health in the decimals. Perhaps something like 0.3% health.

I know, but because the game does not show it like that, it's 0%. I was having fun with his comment.