Xbox One Freezing and Crashing

MadVendetta
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Posted this in general chat, but also wanted to post it here for visibility!

Just wanna start off by saying that I love the game. DICE did an absolutely fantastic job. I just want it made aware so it can be fixed, and I looked everywhere and could not find anyone saying this, that the Xbox One version has very frequent freezes and crashes during multiplayer. Sometimes it happens in the middle of a gun fight, other times when trying to navigate the extremely laggy pause menu, or when recording a picture/clip. I have had it happen 4 times already on my Xbox One S, and my friends have all had it happen at least twice on their Xbox Ones and Xbox One S'.

The laggy pause menu was somewhat improved from the beta, but is still extremely slow, not to mention if you try to record a game clip. The freezing and crashing has happened to everyone I have talked to on Xbox, so I am assuming it's very widespread and not just me and my super unlucky friends.

PLEASE fix the pause menu/squads/settings, recording clips/pictures, and the freezing and crashing DICE! Love the game, but this needs to be addressed quickly. I can provide any more information that you guys might need to help!

EDIT: 8TH FREEZE THEN CRASH JUST HAPPENED. Dice, come on, acknowledge this PLEASE. This is unacceptable. All I want to do is play this great game you guys made, but what fun is it when I lose all my progress in a match and the game freezes and crashes repeatedly? None. Until I hear otherwise I will no longer be playing your game, and I am not the only one that feels this way. Quality of life updates are one thing, but a game breaking bug is another. Fix your game.
Post edited by MadVendetta on

Comments

• DundeePaddy
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to say, I've not had this problem apart from one time. That was in a loading screen.
  • MadVendetta
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    That fact that it can happen in loading is good to know if they ever attempt to fix it!

Oh and a quick update, 2 more freezes/crashes since my thread was posted. One during combat, another while picking my class and spawn point.
  • GiantAmoeba
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thus far my only freeze was in a plane on Sinai during a sandstorm. Of course now that I posted that I will rack up a few more for Karma. :smiley:
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You should probably put this in the bugs and issues section.

I've been experiencing the same thing too.

BF1 is also the only game in my Xbox One library that makes it an absolute pain in the pass to record clips because of that stupid force-pause feature.
  • ohzflf5qovpz
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Happens to be at least twice per day. Makes a loud buzzing noise and then the game crashes. DICE should fix this soon.
  • Mandarlorian
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cart3r27 wrote: »
    Mine just makes funny noise and restarts the game. X2 today

this literally just happened to me so I jumped on to see if it was an issues for others as well. Bummer dude. Yeah makes a funny "stuck on sound" noise then freezes and kicks to home screen. It's Star Wars Battlefront all over again.
  • ArcticCastle007
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    In game menu is infuriatingly slow. This needs to be fixed. Its so slow I'm surprised I haven't been kicked for inactivity. The game has also frozen on several occasions where i have to hard quit, then restart the game. Other than that and a few issues, I love the game so far.
  • Cart3r27
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Cart3r27 wrote: »
    Mine just makes funny noise and restarts the game. X2 today

this literally just happened to me so I jumped on to see if it was an issues for others as well. Bummer dude. Yeah makes a funny "stuck on sound" noise then freezes and kicks to home screen. It's Star Wars Battlefront all over again.

Lol idk if the Devo ever read these or how to report it properly. It's annoying espcially when I'm in a good match
  • zarigueyacl
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    having the same problem, game freezes for 1-3 seconds when not much is going on like explosions or many players on screen, happens like 4 to 6 times and then goes away for some time. hope they fix this. i can reproduce the effect by recording a clip, it also freezes.
  • BrutalFBomb
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I second that problem with recording

Agreed you're almost always risking losing a streak when you hit record. Even if you're snapping items onscreen (like twitch).
  • thenewdmj
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Encountered the same problem twice yesterday. Game froze, made a loud buzzing noise, then crashed to the Xbox dashboard. I thought it was my One but it happened to a guy in my party, too.
  • UFO-Mats
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    To me, the game has never crashed on any other map than Sinai Desert (the map from the beta version). Loud buzzing noise for 3-4 seconds, then sends me back to xbox dashboard. Very frustrating, as it seems i "never" get to play the sinai desert map on conquest. I played the pigeon-game earlier today on sinai desert without any trouble.

edit: Pigeon-game, not penguin x)
  • Haren94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played for like atleast 10-15 hours something and the game has crashed 2 times now on a brand new xbox one...plz fix this, its very annoying! Also i lile to ad, after a game has ended and you get to the menu with the scoreboard etc. it laggs so much...i mean it takes like 5 seconds for it to load the scoreboard or anything...all other than that, great game
  • shadow7154
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Haven't had this problem. You guys have digital copies, pause the game before it happens or anything like that? Had the freezing issue with the beta whenever I checked stats midgame.
  • squirrelef9
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have had this happen also. Loud buzzing for like 3 to 4 seconds then it sends me straight to the dashboard. Game also crashed on my friend the other night while he was driving the train, it was killed by the enemy team causing that hige explosion which intern cause his game to crash. I am wondering if BF1 is pushing the limits of the xbox ones hardware.
  • ParticularSkill
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Game crashes and restarts accompanied by audio screw up. This happened twice before, now during last phase of last map in operations after two long range headshots, lost all progress wont get xp, dice wtf why?! Servers are laggy at best and to top it off no 60hz servers, dice fix your god damn netcode!
  • NeboCypher
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Haven't noticed any problems yet and I've clocked 60 hours so far, and recorded many clips... :/