FPS problems, GTX 970

IGITSIShanings
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
Hello!,

So I've been loving battlefield so far but I am running into a number of performance related issues in the multiplayer, I have played through alot of the campaign (which is great btw) and havent encountered any of the issues I am getting in the multiplayer.

These issues include -

- Random freezing for a second
- FPS entirely dropping
- Non constant fps even in non heavy explosion situations
- On "end of round menu" I had issues of complete freezing during battle-pack drop and had to close the game with task manager (This however seems to have been lessend by a driver reinstall and no longer freezes game but lags)

My specs -

i7 4790k
GTX 970
8GB RAM

Most recent drivers ofc

Current ingame settings for those interested

DX12 - Enabled (tried both on and off)
GPU Memory Restriction - Off (Tried both on and off)
Texture Filtering - Low
Lighting Quality - Low
Everything else - Medium
Antialising Post - Off
Ambient Occlusion - SSAO

I dont know if its connection related with the servers or something along those lines, I keep to servers in europe and only find ping highs of say 80 so Im currently unsure.

Any advice/support will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• randmanq
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same except I have the i5. Everything on ultra 1080p and its fine. Seriously man, wait for the drivers. There could be a day 1 patch as well. I had the mini freezing you are explaining in the beta. How I fixed it was to disable everything with geforce experience. Don't just close it, go into your services and manually stop and disable them.

After, open up cmd (make sure to right click and launch it as administrator). Type in "Net Stop wuauserv" and hit enter. It's the windows update service, for me disabling it only through the services screen like you did before doesn't always work. But still, after the cmd prompt, for good measure go back to the services and disable windows update from there.

That fixed the stuttering and hitches for me. Also, if you updated your gpu drivers to the newest ones, roll back to 372.90, the newest drivers have been reported several times as causing performance issues with 9xx and 10xx cards.

Make sure to restart your pc after disabling everything and go back into services to verify it all saved properly
  • randmanq
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Also win10 users are saying disabling the xboxDVR thing helps as well
  • IGITSIShanings
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thank you both for the responses, after writing this I decided to try again with editing some of my settings, I found DX12 being disabled offered much better performance and stopped some of the constant dropping, however I am still encountering huge drops when simply flying a plane. I had entirely forgot that the driver werent released for this game as its not on full release for everyone yet, :/. I will leave it for now and come back once the driver are here and see what happens.

On another note, those experiencing the vehicle glitch where you cant move the car or vehicle weapons, the fix is to tab out and in again, most people probably know this but thought I would let some know.

Thanks again guys.
  • randmanq
    Haha I'm the same person chief, I guess I should of just edited the one post instead of replying twice. This game is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ awesome, but it sucks seeing some people not being able to experience the game properly. I'm sure everything will get ironed out, people can ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on DICE all they want but they created a masterpiece here. No way they would put forth such an effort to make the game without following it up with proper adjustments and fixes to ensure people can play it properly.
  • MaXKiLLz911
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Be sure to uninstall nVidia GeForce Experience. It causes massive framerate problems specifically with BF1.