Crash bug. Graphics Card shutdown.

TAW-NateMcBow
47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2016
For some reason. After playing a few games my computer randomly crashes to blue screen while playing BF1 multiplayer. Im not sure why but it is not due to an overheat as that should shut down the whole PC. And the rest of the PC is still active after the crash. Only my screen is dead. I have enabled settings to Disable DX12 as that gave me issues but there is no reason for why my graphics card shuts down at random.

EDIT: I am using Windows 10 software.
RE EDIT: Also note that there seems to be another bug related to this crash issue. The screen gets a weird colour undertone or it turns a peice of the map impossible to see, as just looking at a certain area causes the screen to go black (Hud still visible) or it becomes extremely bright. As if the lens flare settings just went crazy.

Specs:
Processor: AMD 970 pro gaming eight-core
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 470 STRIX
RAM: 16 Gb
Post edited by TAW-NateMcBow on

Comments

• TAW-NateMcBow
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    Bump. Would like some answers on this.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    Bump...
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    Possible reason found. It seems that the current drivers for AMD causes some sort of overload in cards. When will a driver update be sent that allows you to avoid this while playing BF1?
  • raar99
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have you tried turning off the origin in-game overlay?
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    raar99 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning off the origin in-game overlay?

Already did that to fix a different bug. Its not the source of the crash or the visual glitches im getting.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    Bump.
  • Lucid0
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    If it was my machine I would reformat. Anytime something acts strange I always start with a fresh install of windows.
    download all the latest driver's for your machine as well.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    Lucid0 wrote: »
    If it was my machine I would reformat. Anytime something acts strange I always start with a fresh install of windows.
    download all the latest driver's for your machine as well.

My OS is brand new so reformating would make no difference. I reformatted 2 weeks prior. Secondly i am running all recent updates. And note i did comment that i think this is a graphics driver issue. That current AMD drivers are not tuned to BF1 and that may be the reason.

So no. I am not reformating again. Since i did that recently it simply wont help.
  • StarscreamUK
    7569 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    you need to ask AMD about driver updates, and don't bump, it's a breach of the forum rules.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    you need to ask AMD about driver updates, and don't bump, it's a breach of the forum rules.

Oh... About the bumping. My bad. Didnt know. Wont happen again.

And about AMD. Yes i am asking their forums as well. Hope that goes somewhere.
  • StarscreamUK
    7569 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it's more likely to be met with success there than asking them here, I sincerely doubt they read this forum.

I've not had AMD gpu for a while, but both camps suffer driver issues now and then, they usually sort them asap for big releases
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    it's more likely to be met with success there than asking them here, I sincerely doubt they read this forum.

I've not had AMD gpu for a while, but both camps suffer driver issues now and then, they usually sort them asap for big releases

Alright. Thats something. Thank you for the recommendation. Ill see if AMD forums can lead me somewhere.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    smys123 wrote: »
    amd cancelling a lot of cards' support: http://betanews.com/2015/11/24/amd-kills-gpu/

That is not helping. If you went down the list and actually READ the specs i have, you will find that my card is brand new and is therefore still supported. Read the specs next time.
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    I think i may have found something. All of the glitches i have described seem to triggers mostly on the Amiens map. Not sure why.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NateMcBow wrote: »
    amd cancelling a lot of cards' support: http://betanews.com/2015/11/24/amd-kills-gpu/

That is not helping. If you went down the list and actually READ the specs i have, you will find that my card is brand new and is therefore still supported. Read the specs next time.

Google your own list next time, I was simply pointing out that they are not supporting certain cards...apologies for helping. carry on
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    NateMcBow wrote: »

Google your own list next time, I was simply pointing out that they are not supporting certain cards...apologies for helping. carry on

Youre just commenting back for salt are you.. Well it failed. You were wrong. Just accept that.

Anyways back to the point. It seems like the bug only triggers on the Amiens map. Not sure why...
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    use msi afterburner to underclock your card and up the fans to 100% and retry. It sounds like you might have some duff memory on the GPU
  • TAW-NateMcBow
    F1aw1ess wrote: »
    use msi afterburner to underclock your card and up the fans to 100% and retry. It sounds like you might have some duff memory on the GPU

Duff memory? You lost me ive never heard of that. I have buffed my fans but you lost me at underclocking...