Low sli gpu usage

«13
SativaDominant
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hi, im playing Battlefield 1 and on my Sli 1080's i cant get more the 60% usage per card, is anyone with a sli setup having the same issue?
I notice a lot of stutter also, it runs smoother with single gpu

Comments

  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone?
  • sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've had smooth gameplay other than the random crashes. My usage has been normal and no stuttering at all.

    I'm running 980's in SLI
  • Siman1990
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DX12 AMD runs away with. Nvidia takes DX11... both in single GPU. Nvidia works better in multi GPU DX11.... and DX12 multi adapter support has not been implemented... Fing DICE...
  • fragkat
    240 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi, im playing Battlefield 1 and on my Sli 1080's i cant get more the 60% usage per card, is anyone with a sli setup having the same issue?
    I notice a lot of stutter also, it runs smoother with single gpu

    SLI doesn't really work very well. its there but its rubbish. No company's really do alot to cater for it beyond the minimum. I used to have 3 screens an 2 cards an never had good SLI. till I got rid of 2 screens bout a single high end card an never looked back.
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    fragkat wrote: »
    Hi, im playing Battlefield 1 and on my Sli 1080's i cant get more the 60% usage per card, is anyone with a sli setup having the same issue?
    I notice a lot of stutter also, it runs smoother with single gpu

    SLI doesn't really work very well. its there but its rubbish. No company's really do alot to cater for it beyond the minimum. I used to have 3 screens an 2 cards an never had good SLI. till I got rid of 2 screens bout a single high end card an never looked back.

    in bf4 sli works at perfection, in this one there is something wrong, because the usage never go above 60% for the most of the time.
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    no driver yet though so difficult to gauge.

    with the full release being tomorrow i reckon we should see the new driver today at some point.
  • Aus_Karlos
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Current driver 373.06 has a BF1 SLI profile enabled however on some startups of BF1, 1 or more cards will stay in low-power mode (Dreaded 405mhz lock). Ive got 3-way SLI on GTX980Ti and can confirm it does work well in DX11.
    If your GPU usage doesn't go above 60% a few things can cause this.
    1) Vsync is enabled
    2) Your CPU isn't powerful enough to run those two cards + BF1
    3) Your cards are reaching the throttle temps
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aus_Karlos wrote: »
    Current driver 373.06 has a BF1 SLI profile enabled however on some startups of BF1, 1 or more cards will stay in low-power mode (Dreaded 405mhz lock). Ive got 3-way SLI on GTX980Ti and can confirm it does work well in DX11.
    If your GPU usage doesn't go above 60% a few things can cause this.
    1) Vsync is enabled
    2) Your CPU isn't powerful enough to run those two cards + BF1
    3) Your cards are reaching the throttle temps

    1) Vsync is off, i have a g-sync monitor
    2) i have a 6850k running at 4,4ghz
    3) temperatures are in the perfect range

    but, only when i look in a specific direction (or down) i can see both gpu's at 90% usage, but as soon as i change direction with the soldier, then the usage drop under 60% or 50%, it isn`t normal.
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry for my bad english
  • xDJ_Cas
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What do you want from us? Create the drivers with 100% GPU usage or what?
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FuT-DJ_Cas wrote: »
    What do you want from us? Create the drivers with 100% GPU usage or what?

    Sorry? I'm looking for an help, maybe someone that is running a sli config can tell me more.
  • Aus_Karlos
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What fps are you getting? If its anything above 60fps then theres no issue. What you want to see is lots of frames with little performance. It means the game is optimized.
    Have you tried disabling G-Sync?
  • Z44RCO
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You have to choose full screen mode for the SLI or Crossfire modes to work at 100%
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Z44RCO wrote: »
    You have to choose full screen mode for the SLI or Crossfire modes to work at 100%

    Of course i did
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Aus_Karlos wrote: »
    What fps are you getting? If its anything above 60fps then theres no issue. What you want to see is lots of frames with little performance. It means the game is optimized.
    Have you tried disabling G-Sync?

    I`m getting average 60 fps with single gpu mode with no frame drops and butter smooth gameplay, when i activate sli profile fps goes up to 80-90, but only in certain moments. There are big frame drops (50-60 fps loss) because for the most of the time both cards never go above 50%-55% usage.
  • Aus_Karlos
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aus_Karlos wrote: »
    What fps are you getting? If its anything above 60fps then theres no issue. What you want to see is lots of frames with little performance. It means the game is optimized.
    Have you tried disabling G-Sync?

    I`m getting average 60 fps with single gpu mode with no frame drops and butter smooth gameplay, when i activate sli profile fps goes up to 80-90, but only in certain moments. There are big frame drops (50-60 fps loss) because for the most of the time both cards never go above 50%-55% usage.

    Thats more down to optimizing SLI for the game. The current profile is still a little buggy. For 3-way it wouldn't even use the 3rd card unless i used Nvidia Inspector and set the "Number of GPUs to use" from AUTO to THREE. Judging from the driver profile it will support 4-way.
    I get a similar issue your describing. I max out on a single card, but with 3-way they all sit at 40-60% but still making about 70fps @4K. It just means the engine isn't fully optimized for SLI. A couple of patches in and it should be sorted.
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New nvidia drivers out, i give it a try
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New drivers installed and nothing changes...
  • Aus_Karlos
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its not just the drivers, the game engine also needs to be optimized for SLI. At the moment with the latest drivers my cards will sit at about 75% usage rendering an average of 70fps. I have noticed however that under certain conditions my usage and fps drop (Heavy firefight and explosions). This could indicate an engine issue (IE needs optimizing). It could be due to the 4K resolution im running as there are render limits to a game engine. You can only assign so much memory and time to completing a set task before the GPU is required to render the frame. (Usually under 16ms).
    So it might be a couple of patches down the road that they are able to squeeze some more performance out of the game engine.
  • SativaDominant
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aus_Karlos wrote: »
    Its not just the drivers, the game engine also needs to be optimized for SLI. At the moment with the latest drivers my cards will sit at about 75% usage rendering an average of 70fps. I have noticed however that under certain conditions my usage and fps drop (Heavy firefight and explosions). This could indicate an engine issue (IE needs optimizing). It could be due to the 4K resolution im running as there are render limits to a game engine. You can only assign so much memory and time to completing a set task before the GPU is required to render the frame. (Usually under 16ms).
    So it might be a couple of patches down the road that they are able to squeeze some more performance out of the game engine.

    I hope so
Sign In or Register to comment.