Battlefield 1 Easter Egg?

xXPembictoniaXx
8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I found this symbol on a painting in a railcar near "E" on Ballroom Blitz Conquest. im really curious what this is and if it means anything.

14798920_708895849286829_740730784_n.jpg?oh=d907fb2fb10ec93faf3949caf4e178ad&oe=58096FBD

Hope this link works.

Comments

• XAngelWings
    176 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    maybe the initial names of the Dev ?
  • xXPembictoniaXx
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thats what i was thinking but im not sure of the exact names.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I got the A team of Easter egg hunters on it :)
  • DANNYonPC
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    PP could be Phantom Program

We should check if its an unique object or something thats everywhere, if its unique we (You) might be onto something

__

Got a HD picture of it
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKjYCXWAAEjByD.jpg:large
    __
    nvm, another one
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKkNdHWgAAz1VV.jpg:large
  • xXPembictoniaXx
    edited October 2016
    DANNYonPC wrote: »
    PP could be Phantom Program

We should check if its an unique object or something thats everywhere, if its unique we (You) might be onto something

__

Got a HD picture of it
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvKjYCXWAAEjByD.jpg:large

Cool! i would love to hear back from you on this. Hope its something good. Thanks for taking a look m8!

of course im willing to help if the need arises.
  • ChickNFoot
    1627 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It isn't unique its found on other the same paintings at other locations as well.
  • xXPembictoniaXx
    ChickNFoot wrote: »
    It isn't unique its found on other the same paintings at other locations as well.

Still curious as to what it means though. Maybe it means nothing.
  • ChickNFoot

Well with those marks on that corner of a painting it usually means it's the artists signature, maybe level designers, etc.
  • ChickNFoot

Well with those marks on that corner of a painting it usually means it's the artists signature, maybe level designers, etc.

After looking at Twitter accounts and such I didn't see anyone with AA or PP in the first or last names.
  • xXPembictoniaXx

After looking at Twitter accounts and such I didn't see anyone with AA or PP in the first or last names.

Interesting
  • Hartraft
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The Only Easter Egg type relation I could find would be something along the lines of...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigpen_cipher

But whether it is and how to decipher it... Or could just be a coincidence
  • xXPembictoniaXx
    Hartraft wrote: »
    The Only Easter Egg type relation I could find would be something along the lines of...

it does have an uncanny resemblance. wonder why there are two letters per quadrant though.
  • Hartraft
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hartraft wrote: »

it does have an uncanny resemblance. wonder why there are two letters per quadrant though.

Well from doing a bit more research the Quadrant is actually part of the cipher. So if there are other X with letters to be found or even tic tac toe style shapes with letters they would also be part of the cipher.

Coded messages would be in the form of squares or right angle arrows or left angle arrows etc which would then be then decoded into the letters that the shape corresponds with.

In this case > would correspond with AS.

But having the JP and PP would make it hard for them to be used to form words although there are words with pp (Happy) etc but unlikely for JP.

so unless other ciphers are found and also possibly a code I think it may just be a coincidence in regards to PigPen cipher
  • zenn_nme
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Made me think of the FEMA marking system;
    fema_line-402x410.jpg
    Should be read North > South > East > West.

But the letters could just stand for something, such as;
    AA; Anti-Aircraft? during WW1 France and Germany began to adapt field guns to fire into the air.
    PP; Phantom Program offcourse. ;)
    JP; John Pierpont "Jack" Morgan Jr a bigtime world war 1 financier? Member of the Jekyll island club, also got shot by Eric Muenter; a self-proclaimed assasin who also bombed the Senate and predicted the bombing of a steamship bound for England before committing suicide.
    AS; no idea.

Could also be interperted as directions, where to go on a specific map. Or as instructions of what to do.

• Amiga4evA
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could these groups of letters might have something to do with this ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADFGVX_cipher
  • Naitsabes317j
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Picture on Amiens too.

imgur.com/iDcWMcD
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys, this must be a dead end. If it was supposed to be a clue, it would be one thing on one map. I've found multiple pictures like this on Ballroom Blitz and someone found one on Amiens. Just saying.
  • xXPembictoniaXx
    Guys, this must be a dead end. If it was supposed to be a clue, it would be one thing on one map. I've found multiple pictures like this on Ballroom Blitz and someone found one on Amiens. Just saying.

But still. What is it and why is it on the painting? we dont even know if it is map designer signatures. should probably figure out exactly what it is before discounting it.
  • boomshack101
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I may have found something
    I put in the letters from the painting on ballroom blitz in google search along with ww1. if you go to images it shows some travel routes of ships. and the is about royal navy log books!
    http://www.naval-history.net/OWShips-WW1-06-HMS_Liverpool.htm
    here is the link please check it out I think I might be on to something
    ( i put "aa as jp pp ww1" in google search if anyone was wondering)