ok, so those who are playing bf1, what do you think?

WALKINGCORPSE1
505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
love it or hate it?

Comments

• sinisterNL
    242 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Love it but would love it even more if there are less populated servers. Like 32/48.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Love it.
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Best since BC1/BC2, so far anyways, only put in about 10 hours into multiplayer. Single player I'm almost done with and it's my second favorite campaign, following only Bad Company 1 which in my opinion is the best shooter campaign ever.
  • DominicO65
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Really like it, but there's missed potential
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's their best release yet. Operations gameplay rocks!
  • Team_321P
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Basically after my posted review it's safe to say I hate it. Game built by hacks, for hacks. If traditional no mods gaming is your thing this game will not be for you then
  • SilkWildey
    1032 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Basically after my posted review it's safe to say I hate it. Game built by hacks, for hacks. If traditional no mods gaming is your thing this game will not be for you then

Cry much?
  • cvnoz
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Love it and i cant get enoff of useing the martini henry rifle so much fun.
  • Mike_V1987
    597 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have only played 1 short game of CQ but ti seems alright, granted it looks and sounds really great. But I need more time with it to form an opinion.
  • Team_321P
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Marmion wrote: »
    Ok so for anyone considering buying Battlefield 1, Here it is plain and simple DONT! You will be disappointed and you will be wishing you could get your money back. Here's my review. Single player campaign mode is your typical cookie cutter campaign. Follow some story through WW1, fight some battles and get a feel for the vehicles and weapons. Nothing to brag about, descent if anything, not enough to justify the price. Now multiplayer. This is where it takes a turn for the worst. The maps are nothing to write home about, mediocre and limited in variety not to mention sloppy and unorganized. But they'll do. Given how terrible other parts of this game are the maps sucking is small potatoes. Your character starts off with a pathetic selection of weapons, each one specific to each class. Nothing special. Now one of them being the M18 trench gun it's fully auto but recoil is so terrible it's stupidly inaccurate. But hey! It's the beginning of the game so naturally you can't have the best there is. But wait it still gets better, your character is so fragile that pretty much 2 bullets maybe 3, and I'm not talking from the best gun in the game or a special character, no that would be justified. Any old run of the mill even the worst gun in the game will have you dead as a doornail in 2 to 3 shots depending on the shooter. So if dying is something you are unfamiliar with. No worries, the two of you will get well aquatinted. Next the melee weapons work oh once in a blue moon. No more of that creeping up on someone like Battlefield 4 hitting a button and the stabbing or melee event occurs. Nope not here. I ran up on a players back hit the melee button expecting a shovel to his neck, and all that happened was I hit him, he turned around, I wasn't expecting the lack of the automatic melee and in the end I was the dead one despite having the element of surprise. How nice! Moving on the combat, it's fast paced lots of dying (but that's expected with paper mache soldiers) and you will see lots of out in left field things, for example. Bullets that go through walls, and not any wall, big huge concrete walls. Imagine that. Next you'll see bullets that go around corners. Don't ask me how, I didn't think that technology existed in WW1, but who knew? You will see a great deal of camping because who can blame the campers if you can die as easy as it is to breathe. Next is my favorite the aim bots or hip shot dots or whatever they are (either way I call them cheating tools. But to each is own) well those guys will give you a run for your money. You'll see handguns that have a reach of 50 to 100 feet+ and the ability to kill like a sniper rifle, this happened to me personally. Shotguns that can wipe you in two shots from a very long distance, not typical of a shotgun but then again this is no typical game. Iron sight kills from across the map. What are the odds of that? Either way the "privileged" players or cheaters as I like to call them are there. I know some people are skeptical and the game is brand new. But let's face it cheating and an edge in games has become a part of life and whether you choose to accept it or not, it happens i.e. modded controllers, aim dots etc. So the list as it sits of right now is pretty much almost guaranteed to give you an online experience that you will hate. But maybe you'll choose to press on and go for some of those challenges that DICE and EA like to put in their Battlefield games. Well, don't worry they are not as ridiculous as BF4 was, where if you want a fancy sniper rifle you have to go to a specific tower on a specific map and make 2 head shots, across the map, while hanging upside down, with one eye covered, while singing Mary had a little lamb in Japanese. Thank god right? Eh hate to rain on the parade but, not so fast. Even though the challenges seem like they are doable, it's an illusion. The game is so difficult, the campers so sneaky, and the cheaters so advantaged plus you're so fragile that even the easiest sounding challenge will be for the most part impossible. So at the end of the day this game is clearly another attempt by DICE and EA to woo people with visuals and a different spin on an FPS while delivering utter garbage. Maybe they are still trying to redeem themselves from BF Hardline, which was also an extreme disappointment. Either way, they once again succeeded amazingly at failing. Hopefully DICE and EA get the hint with this pathetic game that BF4 was as good as it would ever get for them. Sadly the one thing this video game did well was usher in the end of the run and gun concept, leaving the player with camping as a means to an end in order to get an descent score. If I believed BF Hardline was eligible for 0 stars, this one would get a half star. And only because of visuals and a half way marginal single player campaign. Sadly though those two merits alone are not enough to give gamers what they want or what they payed for. Thank you for reading, keep in mind this is my opinion, and how I feel about this game but I do hope that readers find this informational. If not, I'm sorry to disappoint, it is your money and time and hopefully this article can save you from wasting both.

Thanks again.

oh god, do you expect anyone to read this and make a decision out of that?
    Well I'd rather be thorough and descriptive. Instead of just saying "This game sucks, don't buy it" it's always better to give reasons don't you think? Isn't that the purpose of a review to give as much information possible?
  • TickTak77
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Marmion wrote: »
    Ok so for anyone considering buying Battlefield 1, Here it is plain and simple DONT! You will be disappointed and you will be wishing you could get your money back. Here's my review. Single player campaign mode is your typical cookie cutter campaign. Follow some story through WW1, fight some battles and get a feel for the vehicles and weapons. Nothing to brag about, descent if anything, not enough to justify the price. Now multiplayer. This is where it takes a turn for the worst. The maps are nothing to write home about, mediocre and limited in variety not to mention sloppy and unorganized. But they'll do. Given how terrible other parts of this game are the maps sucking is small potatoes. Your character starts off with a pathetic selection of weapons, each one specific to each class. Nothing special. Now one of them being the M18 trench gun it's fully auto but recoil is so terrible it's stupidly inaccurate. But hey! It's the beginning of the game so naturally you can't have the best there is. But wait it still gets better, your character is so fragile that pretty much 2 bullets maybe 3, and I'm not talking from the best gun in the game or a special character, no that would be justified. Any old run of the mill even the worst gun in the game will have you dead as a doornail in 2 to 3 shots depending on the shooter. So if dying is something you are unfamiliar with. No worries, the two of you will get well aquatinted. Next the melee weapons work oh once in a blue moon. No more of that creeping up on someone like Battlefield 4 hitting a button and the stabbing or melee event occurs. Nope not here. I ran up on a players back hit the melee button expecting a shovel to his neck, and all that happened was I hit him, he turned around, I wasn't expecting the lack of the automatic melee and in the end I was the dead one despite having the element of surprise. How nice! Moving on the combat, it's fast paced lots of dying (but that's expected with paper mache soldiers) and you will see lots of out in left field things, for example. Bullets that go through walls, and not any wall, big huge concrete walls. Imagine that. Next you'll see bullets that go around corners. Don't ask me how, I didn't think that technology existed in WW1, but who knew? You will see a great deal of camping because who can blame the campers if you can die as easy as it is to breathe. Next is my favorite the aim bots or hip shot dots or whatever they are (either way I call them cheating tools. But to each is own) well those guys will give you a run for your money. You'll see handguns that have a reach of 50 to 100 feet+ and the ability to kill like a sniper rifle, this happened to me personally. Shotguns that can wipe you in two shots from a very long distance, not typical of a shotgun but then again this is no typical game. Iron sight kills from across the map. What are the odds of that? Either way the "privileged" players or cheaters as I like to call them are there. I know some people are skeptical and the game is brand new. But let's face it cheating and an edge in games has become a part of life and whether you choose to accept it or not, it happens i.e. modded controllers, aim dots etc. So the list as it sits of right now is pretty much almost guaranteed to give you an online experience that you will hate. But maybe you'll choose to press on and go for some of those challenges that DICE and EA like to put in their Battlefield games. Well, don't worry they are not as ridiculous as BF4 was, where if you want a fancy sniper rifle you have to go to a specific tower on a specific map and make 2 head shots, across the map, while hanging upside down, with one eye covered, while singing Mary had a little lamb in Japanese. Thank god right? Eh hate to rain on the parade but, not so fast. Even though the challenges seem like they are doable, it's an illusion. The game is so difficult, the campers so sneaky, and the cheaters so advantaged plus you're so fragile that even the easiest sounding challenge will be for the most part impossible. So at the end of the day this game is clearly another attempt by DICE and EA to woo people with visuals and a different spin on an FPS while delivering utter garbage. Maybe they are still trying to redeem themselves from BF Hardline, which was also an extreme disappointment. Either way, they once again succeeded amazingly at failing. Hopefully DICE and EA get the hint with this pathetic game that BF4 was as good as it would ever get for them. Sadly the one thing this video game did well was usher in the end of the run and gun concept, leaving the player with camping as a means to an end in order to get an descent score. If I believed BF Hardline was eligible for 0 stars, this one would get a half star. And only because of visuals and a half way marginal single player campaign. Sadly though those two merits alone are not enough to give gamers what they want or what they payed for. Thank you for reading, keep in mind this is my opinion, and how I feel about this game but I do hope that readers find this informational. If not, I'm sorry to disappoint, it is your money and time and hopefully this article can save you from wasting both.

Thanks again.

oh god, do you expect anyone to read this and make a decision out of that?
    Well I'd rather be thorough and descriptive. Instead of just saying "This game sucks, don't buy it" it's always better to give reasons don't you think? Isn't that the purpose of a review to give as much information possible?

You can be thorough and descriptive without providing a blob of text that no one is going to read, is what he/me/everyone is trying to say lol.
This discussion has been closed.