ok, so those who are playing bf1, what do you think?

Comments

• AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    JFK001NBF2 wrote: »
    kaliyl777 wrote: »
    Love it, cant get enough of it.

You don't have a lot to compare it to. I'm guessing you played cod more than battlefield.

The loading times are ridiculous and so is the fact that I can't seem to find anyone that speaks English in matches that do not contain friends. I'm getting sick of French, silent and whoever else squadmates that don't understand basic commands.

Are you going to go through this whole thread telling everyone who likes BF1 that they shouldn't or they are not qualified to like it?
    Because, you know, opinions.

Yes. If I have to.

People are entitled to opinions and are able to like the game. I have no real quarrel with the game, it's alright for a ww1 setting. My issue is with DICE's handling of the multiplayer and the community. I'm a team player but no one I have ever played with that wasn't a friend is and that is what pisses me off
  • NAVSPECWARCOM
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUVNA-D wrote: »
    Personally i wouldnt even consider this a battlefield game.Its been casualified down just like they did with Battlefront.You really dont feel you skillfully did anything except maybe sniping.All the full auto guns you will mainly use hipfire up close, rarely ever ads.Its a spam fest of throw all your nades and any other explosives at them, then just run around hip firing as many as you can.Unless your sniping.
    Theres a bunch of really cheap crap added in to guarantee even the worst players can kill a couple people before they die, gas grenades, hero characters, and the behemoths.If you liked Battlefront then you will like this, but if you like bf4 maybe give it a miss.Imho this game will last a month before everyone goes back to bf4, just like battlefront.

Amen. I went back to BF3 & BF4. I even played several hours of Bad Company the other night. My lord that is still a killer game. Hands down it beats BF1 any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
  • Zombie_Be_Gone
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I've stopped playing and moved on to other games. I'll play when the next patch rolls out and give it another shot.

I was hopeful for BF4, meh, I was hopeful for BF1, Meh... Now I'm hopeful for Battlefield Competitive next year.

Dice is like that crazy person you once had a relationship with once in your life, At the beginning they are great (BF3) then they said it will be magical (BF4) then you follow the chicken feed getting what ever you can before you admit its over (BF1) and then you give it once last chance before it's time to move on (Battlefield Competitive).
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice is like that crazy person you once had a relationship with once in your life, At the beginning they are great (BF3) then they said it will be magical (BF4) then you follow the chicken feed getting what ever you can before you admit its over (BF1) and then you give it once last chance before it's time to move on (Battlefield Competitive).

This made me laugh because it's kinda true. Haven't had the same level of enjoyment since BC2.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    yeah man, bc2 was awesome
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so, haven't heard anything about the game in a while, good or bad, what does this mean, lol
  • Comrad18
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GUVNA-D wrote: »
    Personally i wouldnt even consider this a battlefield game.Its been casualified down just like they did with Battlefront.You really dont feel you skillfully did anything except maybe sniping.All the full auto guns you will mainly use hipfire up close, rarely ever ads.Its a spam fest of throw all your nades and any other explosives at them, then just run around hip firing as many as you can.Unless your sniping.
    Theres a bunch of really cheap crap added in to guarantee even the worst players can kill a couple people before they die, gas grenades, hero characters, and the behemoths.If you liked Battlefront then you will like this, but if you like bf4 maybe give it a miss.Imho this game will last a month before everyone goes back to bf4, just like battlefront.

Another one of these it's been too casuallized folks. If you run around hipfiring in anything but a shotgun you are an idiot. Secondly, the hero characters don't provide you easy free kills unless the enemy team is mentally challenged and let you go unchecked. There were plenty of explosive spamming in bf4 and 3 except now we no longer have wire guided launchers and 5 rpg rounds at your disposal. You can't run around like your lmg is an assault rifle anymore. The only thing I can really agree with you here is on the behemoths. But then again didn't bf4 have the ac130?
  • Comrad18
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If this game is too casual you could always play verdun on pc if that's the rig you play on.
  • lessthanjake123
    150 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    The sweet spot mechanic has ruined not only this game but the entire series for me. I can't go to BF4 because I'm used to the damage effect in BF1 but BF1 anger and me to point of breaking something because the damage is terrible and makes zero sense. In what conceivable universe do bullets do LESS DAMAGE THE CLOSER YOU ARE?

This is such a hysterical criticism. The sweet-spot mechanic in BF1 wrecked games that do not even have the sweet-spot mechanic? Huh???

It's also just a generally silly point because sweet-spot hits are not actually that common. As people have complained about after the change to the Martini-Henry, even when you are within the sweet-spot range, you don't get the one-hit-kill if you hit the person's arms. Considering that the arms take up a lot of peoples' sides and a good bit of the front torso area, 100 damage body shots from bolt-actions aren't even THAT common. It doesn't have some giant effect on gameplay, so I find it difficult to understand how it could have "ruined" the game for you, let alone ruined other games as well.

To the extent that you are objecting to the fact that it's not realistic, gameplay is more important than realism. How guns operate in games is always fairly unrealistic. Consider, for instance, that your muzzle velocity in BF4 went down when you were suppressed. Was that remotely realistic? No. Nor was the fact that, even when not suppressed, your muzzle velocity in that game was way lower than the actual guns' muzzle velocities are in real life. Choices like this are made for gameplay purposes. And the sweet-spot mechanic is a good way of differentiating between different bolt-action rifles and making weapons more effective at their intended range while not making them OP at other ranges.
    Post edited by lessthanjake123 on
  • KakeHC
    1217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medal syatem sucks. And I feel its missing stuf.

I love the gameplay but it feels unfinished in every other way.
    Examples.
    1.Server browser.
    2.Lack of content and achievements.
    3.Dogtags suck.
    4.Platoons/ clan tags
    5.Career page and this forum is inferior to old battlelog.

I would love to find real servers easyer with less horrible players....
  • AhoyDrogon
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm just gonna say that I don't like how casual it is.

Before you all say that it is not casual here is why I say it is: I am not a good player, i suck most of the time and yet, without trying, I am tipping the leaderboard on my team more often than not ( I have to literally do nothing but long range snipe to come lower). This shouldn't happen! If I go on BF4 I'm near middle on the board and that feels correct but to top the board? Really? Without trying? It just doesn't seem right to me
  • lessthanjake123
    150 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm just gonna say that I don't like how casual it is.

Before you all say that it is not casual here is why I say it is: I am not a good player, i suck most of the time and yet, without trying, I am tipping the leaderboard on my team more often than not ( I have to literally do nothing but long range snipe to come lower). This shouldn't happen! If I go on BF4 I'm near middle on the board and that feels correct but to top the board? Really? Without trying? It just doesn't seem right to me

Perhaps it's simply because you're experienced at Battlefield games. There's a lot of knowledge and understanding that is helpful across all Battlefield games, so it undoubtedly helps in racking up points to have experience with prior BF games. Battlefield 4 is three years old. At this point, everyone who is still playing BF4 is experienced with Battlefield games, because, at the very least, they've clearly been playing BF4 for quite a while. In contrast, there are plenty of people playing BF1 who are not yet experienced in Battlefield games, since this might be their first one and the game has only been out a few months. A mediocre player who nevertheless has a strong knowledge of how Battlefield games work will be able to outscore those players. When BF1 is three years old, it'll be a lot tougher to top the leaderboard there too.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Overall the game is great. However id love to see fun modes that exsist outside of the current modes
  • Gavyne
    1090 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you haven't tried Standard Issue Rifles game mode, you really should. It's surprisingly more fun than it sounds, and it gives you more of that WWI feeling than the core BF1 game. There are normal & hardcore custom servers, try them both, just search for "standard" in the server browser.

For a lot of people that have tried my server, they've said they were going to stop playing BF1 until they found the standard issue rifles hc servers. So, just saying, if you're bored of the game or find the core game lacking, or just don't quite feel there's enough of World War 1 feeling, give standard issue rifles a try.
  • ManxPetty
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to hate it... hate battlefront and this is turning into the **** game.
    I've played nearly all battlefield games, on psn and lately Xbox and loved all of them..

im hoping it will improve but doubt it very much.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't like the destroyer, blimp and armoured train, hardly ever changes anything, and it's cheap spamming that crap at a side which earned victory.
  • AhoyDrogon
    edited December 2016
    The game has gotten worse today with all of the idiot up noobs playing it without knowing what the fick to actually do.

Also I haven't been able to join a single game in 4 hours.
    Post edited by AhoyDrogon on
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    Well merry Christmas to everyone if your playing or not playing bf1
  • AhoyDrogon
    I think that it was crap to start with and crappier now. The BETA was more fun. I'm sick of the problems.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    i can't play with my comp, but ill be honest, the vids i watch, really doesn't turn me on, too me it looks like way to much stuff going on, almost like cod with vehicles, of course this is just my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.