ok, so those who are playing bf1, what do you think?

Comments

• PorkyScratchins
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    I think its a decent enough game, and I believe it has the potential to be an absolutely great game. In all honesty though I don't think it's at that point right now. It looks beautiful, and seems pretty stable, and seems fairly well balanced when I consider the type of game play it offers.

BF1 has had the best launch of any BF title I've played. I think WW1 as a choice of setting is great, and took a lot of guts on DICE's behalf to go in that direction, when almost every other shooter has went into super futuristic mode. For me that was a refreshing change. Immediately it raised so many questions about how they were going to pull it off, how limited weapons and vehicles would be and I really do think that was brave decision on DICE's part. I feel for the most part they have made it work, and managed to squeeze a lot of authenticity into the game, at the expense of historical accuracy and dare I say 'realism'. I suppose there's balance between game play and realism that needs to be struck, it has a place and is there to some extent. I often think people get realism and authenticity mixed up and usually use the realism argument to support their own point of view rather than request actual realism but that's just my opinion.

I also think DICE made a lot of other innovative decisions with the game. One in particular was the decision to make class weapons more situational and specific, which I personally really agreed with. Weapons now fit specific roles which has introduced a bit more thought into the process of choosing the class to use given the situation you find yourself in. However I think the game overall is noticeably and significantly easier to play than previous titles in some respects...

A lot of people have talked about how the game has been casualised, CoDified, how the skill gap has been compressed to make it more noob friendly - basically saying the game has been simplified. And I think they are 100% right. It has. I think this is probably the most accessible BF game I've ever played, even more so than BF4 (and I hated that game, run and gun, full auto, noob fest!!).

In some respects stuff has been added that adds depth: they changed the way you use weapons, SMG's only good in close qarters ETC I think this has gone a little way to add a bit more depth to game and like I already said I like that.

However within their own role most of the weapons and vehicles in the game are soooooooo easy to use. Full auto weapons have very little recoil to compensate for, no need to control bullet spread...you barely even have to aim. Just hipfire and hold your finger down. Movement speed is fast. TTK is waaaay fast. So what I've found is the closer you get to your opponents, the more of a chaotic, nade spamming, cluster f**k it becomes. Which in turn causes people to try and keep their distance, which leads to a lot of players humping hills miles away because they don't want to get into a CoD style SPAWN! / KILL! / DIE! / SPAWN AGAIN! clusterf**k... and yet, I thought this is what a lot of players actually wanted!?

You wouldn't think it for all the posts on the forums screaming NERF EVERYTHING!!! What did anyone expect? You make it easier to get kills, you make it easier to get killed!

What I'm saying is there isn't really much to learn about gunplay, and vehicle usage, so skill plays less of a part in the game. So many people complaining about being killed so fast they can't react, well this is why! In older titles you could out shoot your opponent, but in this? No chance unless you are carrying a higher rate of fire weapon so your deaths are more due to bad luck and randomness more than anything else. It's easy to get kills, easy to get killed, easy to use vehicles, easy to lose vehicles. I find the gameplay to be pretty shallow compared to say BF3.

All that said, I think it's a better game than BF4 by a very wide margin, there is a lot of good stuff in it. I think all the right ingredients are there, I'm sure DICE will add more. I know a lot of people complained about the lack of progression and unlocks. I see where they are coming from, personally I'm more bothered about the experience rather than unlocks. I just play to win, for me that's fun. Unfortunately, in my opinion at least, there is a strong chance there isn't enough depth of game play or content to keep drawing many different kinds of players, all looking for different things from the game, over the long term.
  • Moo716
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I stopped playing a lot after a couple of months. Maybe I'm getting older, but BF1 didn't have the depth of BF2 or BFBC 1 and 2. It's gotten kind boring to be honest. Like many people have said, its too easy to do well in the game and there's no skill involved. I do however like the graphics, sound, and the new game modes. I think in the next BF dice should really make a more competitive game, I get from a business standpoint they wanted to get a wider audience, but I feel like this hinders the longevity of the game. If I were EA/DICE, I would make a BF2 remake, and add project reality(hardcore) to it.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to dislike fog.
  • Sindari
    2664 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    Starting to dislike fog.

The thing is I think we are supposed to dislike it. Or at least some classes are supposed to. I do like the way it mixes things up. When you play a lot, the same old weather gets very dull.
  • Petedawg508
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if I could, I would quit my job and play BF all day long!
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sindari wrote: »
    Starting to dislike fog.

The thing is I think we are supposed to dislike it. Or at least some classes are supposed to. I do like the way it mixes things up. When you play a lot, the same old weather gets very dull.

I feel there is too much of it, and it's so bad on that new map. With so much smoke, gas, fire smoke it's a strain to play at times esp when it lasts for ages.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to dislike fog.

I feel there is too much of it, and it's so bad on that new map. With so much smoke, gas, fire smoke it's a strain to play at times esp when it lasts for ages.

But again, isn't that the point? It's a dynamic mechanic meant to increase challenge and frustration on the field of battle...
  • Gmkillers
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a great game sometimes and other times you just want to throw you're Xbox out the window it's that annoying.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    like the graphics..a lot. Don't like the lack of teamwork and don't like the direction BF is going.
    But it is fun for a few rounds.
  • MBT_Layzan
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Starting to dislike fog.

But again, isn't that the point? It's a dynamic mechanic meant to increase challenge and frustration on the field of battle...

I guess you like it, to me it makes the game boring waiting for it to be over and shooting at the odd thing that shows up at really close range. Or lights up with gunfire now and then. There's so much of it in this game, I just grew wary of it. Now it's like yawn.....
  • plain_ole_pain
    276 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The whopping 50 players here have it all figured out already about BF1. Well, time for me to go join the other half million BF1 players getting bored and tired of game again and again and again.
  • munkt0r
    3037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Starting to dislike fog.

I guess you like it, to me it makes the game boring waiting for it to be over and shooting at the odd thing that shows up at really close range. Or lights up with gunfire now and then. There's so much of it in this game, I just grew wary of it. Now it's like yawn.....

I understand some people don't like it.

I like it because I understand what it hinders and what it does not.

If you're 24/7 recon, then I can understand why you don't like it. If you're the type of guy that switches up their role depending on the scenario, it likely is all advantage and zero disadvantage.

The frustration factor is relative to your gamer-flexibility imo.

With that said, I don't think you shouldn't be able to voice dislike with it. I'm just providing my reasoning for enjoying it in the game.
  • munkt0r
    edited December 2016
    The whopping 50 players here have it all figured out already about BF1. Well, time for me to go join the other half million BF1 players getting bored and tired of game again and again and again.

I didn't realize this was sarcasm at first.

*EDITED*
  • igoticecream
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Some things I dislike:

1. Behemoths, rewarding the loosing team is never a good idea, even for reasons of balancing the outcome.
    2. Support class being completely useless.

But rewarding the lolteam with a behemoth makes a boring match for a fun one. And yes, the support class is crap, **** weapons, useless gadgets.
  • rikze89
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i think the game is great, i love the new mode operations but lately it turned me off, cause im sick and tired of the op planes, that gets over 100 kills pr map...
  • MBT_Layzan
    Starting to dislike fog.

I understand some people don't like it.

I like it because I understand what it hinders and what it does not.

If you're 24/7 recon, then I can understand why you don't like it. If you're the type of guy that switches up their role depending on the scenario, it likely is all advantage and zero disadvantage.

The frustration factor is relative to your gamer-flexibility imo.

With that said, I don't think you shouldn't be able to voice dislike with it. I'm just providing my reasoning for enjoying it in the game.

Yea, I guess if I was infantry more it wouldn't be so bad as I tank most matches. That new map though, the mist is so dense and with all those buildings at certain flag locations like F it's hard enough on a clear day finding one guy within the flag zone let alone with all that mist.
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    rikze89 wrote: »
    i think the game is great, i love the new mode operations but lately it turned me off, cause im sick and tired of the op planes, that gets over 100 kills pr map...

that is similar to the HEli's in BF4
    so nothing changed
    Also still lots of Supports running around like in BF4. Sniping got even easier ( even I can hit something now).

Not much learned from previous weaknesses. Although I did like the beta balance
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think its a decent enough game, and I believe it has the potential to be an absolutely great game. In all honesty though I don't think it's at that point right now. It looks beautiful, and seems pretty stable, and seems fairly well balanced when I consider the type of game play it offers.

BF1 has had the best launch of any BF title I've played. I think WW1 as a choice of setting is great, and took a lot of guts on DICE's behalf to go in that direction, when almost every other shooter has went into super futuristic mode. For me that was a refreshing change. Immediately it raised so many questions about how they were going to pull it off, how limited weapons and vehicles would be and I really do think that was brave decision on DICE's part. I feel for the most part they have made it work, and managed to squeeze a lot of authenticity into the game, at the expense of historical accuracy and dare I say 'realism'. I suppose there's balance between game play and realism that needs to be struck, it has a place and is there to some extent. I often think people get realism and authenticity mixed up and usually use the realism argument to support their own point of view rather than request actual realism but that's just my opinion.

I also think DICE made a lot of other innovative decisions with the game. One in particular was the decision to make class weapons more situational and specific, which I personally really agreed with. Weapons now fit specific roles which has introduced a bit more thought into the process of choosing the class to use given the situation you find yourself in. However I think the game overall is noticeably and significantly easier to play than previous titles in some respects...

A lot of people have talked about how the game has been casualised, CoDified, how the skill gap has been compressed to make it more noob friendly - basically saying the game has been simplified. And I think they are 100% right. It has. I think this is probably the most accessible BF game I've ever played, even more so than BF4 (and I hated that game, run and gun, full auto, noob fest!!).

In some respects stuff has been added that adds depth: they changed the way you use weapons, SMG's only good in close qarters ETC I think this has gone a little way to add a bit more depth to game and like I already said I like that.

However within their own role most of the weapons and vehicles in the game are soooooooo easy to use. Full auto weapons have very little recoil to compensate for, no need to control bullet spread...you barely even have to aim. Just hipfire and hold your finger down. Movement speed is fast. TTK is waaaay fast. So what I've found is the closer you get to your opponents, the more of a chaotic, nade spamming, cluster f**k it becomes. Which in turn causes people to try and keep their distance, which leads to a lot of players humping hills miles away because they don't want to get into a CoD style SPAWN! / KILL! / DIE! / SPAWN AGAIN! clusterf**k... and yet, I thought this is what a lot of players actually wanted!?

You wouldn't think it for all the posts on the forums screaming NERF EVERYTHING!!! What did anyone expect? You make it easier to get kills, you make it easier to get killed!

What I'm saying is there isn't really much to learn about gunplay, and vehicle usage, so skill plays less of a part in the game. So many people complaining about being killed so fast they can't react, well this is why! In older titles you could out shoot your opponent, but in this? No chance unless you are carrying a higher rate of fire weapon so your deaths are more due to bad luck and randomness more than anything else. It's easy to get kills, easy to get killed, easy to use vehicles, easy to lose vehicles. I find the gameplay to be pretty shallow compared to say BF3.

All that said, I think it's a better game than BF4 by a very wide margin, there is a lot of good stuff in it. I think all the right ingredients are there, I'm sure DICE will add more. I know a lot of people complained about the lack of progression and unlocks. I see where they are coming from, personally I'm more bothered about the experience rather than unlocks. I just play to win, for me that's fun. Unfortunately, in my opinion at least, there is a strong chance there isn't enough depth of game play or content to keep drawing many different kinds of players, all looking for different things from the game, over the long term.

thanks for your input man.
  • Decado_Killer
    625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016
    has made it impossible for me to enjoy overwatch again the moment i try playing it feel's like a kid's game.
  • OrionHunter88
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I love it.

Been hoping for a good WW1 game for ages. IMO best BF game since BF 2. And personally I really enjoy operations mode, could use some tweaks but I really like it. Also glad that a AAA title went back to a historical game. I love sci-fi/near future but the market has been oversaturated for some time now. I hope COD follows suit and takes us back to WWII again.
This discussion has been closed.