Please Fix the movement /Aim

Comments

• KingTolapsium
    5491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We would need sensitivity curve control.

Which allegedly is in the works. Personally I thinks it's an unreasonable expectation to think mouse on console should behave identically to pc.

So much extra work to cater to such a small minority.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    jmgargoyle wrote: »
    lizzard wrote: »
    It is great for soldier aiming. I wish they would standardise the acceleration on other things as they are wildly different. Tank main cannon reticle moves slow and then flies off. Stationary machine guns, guns mounted on transport and aircraft machine guns all handle completely differently in terms of acceleration such that you're literally all over the place with them.

Not to mention the guner guns in the plane's..
    Omg they are completely "un aimable"

Its like.. Hmm.. Move to the left.. Come on, move! Dam you, moooove! Noo wtf happened? Where am I aiming? (looking in a completely different direction)

Turn down sensitivity settings for these turret/ vehicle guns and turn off the aim acceleration....

that's has nothing to do with that. please don't make us go through that again.... there were enough people claiming that this was a problem of aim assist and such before.

I never claimed anything about it being a problem or aim assist? And since I'm obviously not a vehicle/tank player, what are the turret sensitivities for default and heavy machine gun for listed under vehicles in the options menus? Would've thought this us where they were used? .....
    Post edited by jmgargoyle on
  • The_BERG_366
    2298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It is great for soldier aiming. I wish they would standardise the acceleration on other things as they are wildly different. Tank main cannon reticle moves slow and then flies off. Stationary machine guns, guns mounted on transport and aircraft machine guns all handle completely differently in terms of acceleration such that you're literally all over the place with them.

Its like.. Hmm.. Move to the left.. Come on, move! Dam you, moooove! Noo wtf happened? Where am I aiming? (looking in a completely different direction)

Turn down sensitivity settings for these turret/ vehicle guns and turn off the aim acceleration....

that's has nothing to do with that. please don't make us go through that again.... there were enough people claiming that this was a problem of aim assist and such before.

I never claimed anything about it being a problem or aim assist? And since I'm obviously not a vehicle/tank player, what are the turret sensitivities for default and heavy machine gun for listed under vehicles in the options menus? Would've thought this us where they were used? .....

neither did i claim u did.
    the problem he is explaining has nothing to do with your settings, that's the point.
  • StanislavP
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I recently played Hardline again, oh boy the game is more smooth than this.

I am barely able to run because it seems like there's a invisible wall in front of me.

The aiming is ridiculous no matter my settings.

The game is a joke and people still defend it as if it's fine.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We would need sensitivity curve control.

Which allegedly is in the works. Personally I thinks it's an unreasonable expectation to think mouse on console should behave identically to pc.

So much extra work to cater to such a small minority.

Who said anything about mouse VS controller?

Just jump in a stationary gun or a gunner seat in a plane, and try to aim at something that moves. Its almost impossible to aim, no matter what you use as an input method.
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

the problem he is explaining has nothing to do with your settings, that's the point.

OK so can you answer my question of what those sensitivity settings are for then?
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

OK so can you answer my question of what those sensitivity settings are for then?

Soldier sensitivity settings are for the aim as infantry.

The sensitivity for stationary guns, are for guns that are stationary.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2017
    plane turrets just have a weird sensitivity curve, like the max threshold is about 40% or something, just need the same sensitivity/deadzone options as soldier, and it would fix issue
  • jmgargoyle
    edited June 2017

And I'm referring to the vehicle turret sensitivities as I stated above? Per the game description of them in settings, this is what they are used for? (Talking about the comments of being overly sensitive in turret aiming...)
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017
    StanislavP wrote: »
    I recently played Hardline again, oh boy the game is more smooth than this.

I am barely able to run because it seems like there's a invisible wall in front of me.

The aiming is ridiculous no matter my settings.

The game is a joke and people still defend it as if it's fine.

You can fundamentally make this game like any game out there for FPS at this point. They have more settings than any other FPS for controls. If you have problems adapting at this point you need to reconsider gaming.

I'm barely able to run lol? Uhhh yeah okay.

The controls in this game are amazing compared to every other shooter out there. And Hardline is hot garbage IMO.

That being said.... aim assist is actually crazy in this game. No game should actively rotate me toward the enemy LOL. But in no way does that make it hard to control, it makes it even easier to control.

Some things need polish for sure, and we have great suggestions here, but my no means does this game control badly in any universe. I could name any number of FPS or TPS games that are much worse with less options or no options to tweak anything.

• lizzard

And I'm referring to the vehicle turret sensitivities as I stated above? Per the game description of them in settings, this is what they are used for? (Talking about the comments of being overly sensitive in turret aiming...)

Its not that the turrets are overly sensitive, that people complain about.. Its that the acceleration curve for them is completely out of control. And that is something you cant change for the turrets or the wehicles.

Its the ketchup effect thats enoying as hell.
    Nothing nothing nothing.. Then bam! Everything at once!
  • The_BERG_366
    2298 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2017

they do exactly what u think they do, at least if I'm not mistaking regarding your understanding of them. u don't misunderstand your solution, you misunderstand to problem and hence ur proposed solution is actually no solution to the problem.
    the problem is that the translation from the angle of inclination of the stick to the camera movement speed behaves completely different on turrets than on infantry.

more precisely: this translation can be seen as a sequence of two simple function f and g (so g(f(x, t)) where t denotes a time and x a right stick input) . the first one (f) is defined from the set of all possible detectable inclination states of the right analogue stick (the x) to the set of all possible Camera movement vectors.
    now these functions f look completely different on turrets vs infantry (on turrets the Variance of the "derivatives" of the function f regarding the turrets is ways larger than the one regarding infantry when assuming same base sensitivity, and hence the shape of the function is completely different). the reason why u can't tune the settings in a way that these combined functions (g(f(x, t))) behave similarly for both turrets and infantry is because:
    1. the acceleration parameter only changes the function g that takes time and the output variable of f as an input and gives back another camera movement vector as an output. but with t =0 this function is the identity so g(f(x, 0)=f(x) and hence turrets will still feel completely different than infantry.
    2. the sensitivity parameters changes the function f, but probably in a purely linear or almost linear way. so when altering this parameter it doesn't change the functions shape which means that when trying to balance out the differences in Variance through changing the turret sensitivity parameter one will ultimately get ways Lower max and min turning speed than with infantry. and that means that it will feel complete different again.

to make it feel similar with the means we have, the functions already have to have similar shape as we can't tune the shape with our settings (I guess someone already asked for a new setting that would allow us to do exact that in another thread a few days ago) ... which they clearly dont.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    in short either:

acceleration curve is broke
    or
    the max sensitivity threshold is broke I.e it's way to low
    or
    both
  • jmgargoyle
    OK now I think I'm understanding where some are having an issue with it... I personally just try to minimize my aiming speed but yes it is somewhat sensitive to say the least. Yet another reason I've never been much into the tanks. I've been trying to expand my horizons lately though. Thanks for the clarification....
  • micksclan
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2017
    Post censored by Battlefield Administrator due to violation of the Forum Guidelines.
    Post edited by xxxCoOlBr33zExxx on
  • krazy3kyle
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Disagree that should feel the same I honestly like bf1 moment better
    And it works food with the guns
    I think your having a issue with settings I'd suggest messing with all the settings sensitivity,FOV , turning acceleration, and all that stuff. Be for i did all that for me the game was all wired to try to get used to but after changing to setting I liked and comfortable with it's perfectly fine
  • Airborne_Creed17
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's all really wierd. As a general rule I've always really sucked at all BF games... I would always have to adjust the sensitivity way down because I have no control and can't aim worth a ****, swinging past everyone I shoot at... so I slow it down to aim, but it kills me as far as movement - so I suck regardless. And I've NEVER been able to snipe while playing as Recon... But in BF1 I actually found myself adjusting the sensitivity UP today because my guy would turn soooooooooo friggin slow I was constantly getting knifed by guys I saw coming! Weird part is, I actually make hits and kills in Scout class now. I don't understand what's happening LoL!

Just adjust the ADS sensitivity. And up the soldier sensitivity