Please Fix the movement /Aim

Comments

• Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    Why is it so hard for console players to get decent response from the developer?

In an fps game, you need an smoth fast predictable aim mechanic.
    Thats what helps players build up muscle memory and become good at the game.

Preferably all fps games on console should have a setting that was the same in mowement and acceleration. Similar to fps on pc.

Imagine if the pc version had acceleration and a bit input lag in the controlls.. That would be unacceptable! Why is it that the console players have to just accept it!?

Have a friend that have never played fps in his entire life. He started to play rainbow six siege with me and a couple of friends. No aimassist. Playing against people that probably, in general is good att fps games. Its a worst case scenario!

Now he have raised the aim sensitivity in rainbow to around 50. And he makes some decent rounds. A good teamplayer!

He bought bf1. And he cant aim at all!
    Why? Well if the aim mechanic was somewhat decent in bf1 he would not have any trouble. And so wouldn't the rest of the consoles comunity!

It couldn't be the same as PC, because it would be exploited by players who use mouse & keyboard on console, give a huge advantage. That's why aiming on console games is a lot more strict, it creates a more even playing field.
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Why is it so hard for console players to get decent response from the developer?

Preferably all fps games on console should have a setting that was the same in mowement and acceleration. Similar to fps on pc.

Imagine if the pc version had acceleration and a bit input lag in the controlls.. That would be unacceptable! Why is it that the console players have to just accept it!?

Have a friend that have never played fps in his entire life. He started to play rainbow six siege with me and a couple of friends. No aimassist. Playing against people that probably, in general is good att fps games. Its a worst case scenario!

Now he have raised the aim sensitivity in rainbow to around 50. And he makes some decent rounds. A good teamplayer!

Why? Well if the aim mechanic was somewhat decent in bf1 he would not have any trouble. And so wouldn't the rest of the consoles comunity!

It couldn't be the same as PC, because it would be exploited by players who use mouse & keyboard on console, give a huge advantage. That's why aiming on console games is a lot more strict, it creates a more even playing field.

It only makes an even playingfield if players actually can build muscle memory, and get good at aiming!

As sloppy and bad as the aim is in bf1, its a nightmare what ewer you play with!

Dualschock is sloppy and incredibly slow and unpredictable!

Mouse is just as bad!

Fps games on console need a uniform aim mechanic!
    Something like "raw input" that can be found in titanfall.

An uniform setting that uses the same acceleration curve / sensitivity curve.

Playing bf1 on pc using a dualschock, is way easier then playing bf1 on ps4 using a dualschock!
    And that's plain stupidity!
  • PEZZALUCIFER
    1044 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It only makes an even playingfield if players actually can build muscle memory, and get good at aiming!

As sloppy and bad as the aim is in bf1, its a nightmare what ewer you play with!

Mouse is just as bad!

Playing bf1 on pc using a dualschock, is way easier then playing bf1 on ps4 using a dualschock!

The uniform soldier aiming setting that's in the game right now doesn't do what you want?
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Mouse is just as bad!

The uniform soldier aiming setting that's in the game right now doesn't do what you want?

Noope not at all..
    The acceleration is still messed-up!
    In bf4 i could run 90-100 on sensitivity.
    50 on ads sensitivity.
    115-130 on uniform aim.

In bf1 I need to go 100 on sensitivity.
    100 on ads sensitivity.
    200 on uniform aim.
    And its still extremely unpredictable!
    Slow and then fast, then jerky, then slow, then fast.. There is no consistency in the aim..

Its way different from the beta. In a bad way.. The beta was bad, but still playable!
  • iLL619
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't notice it, playing on 30 sensitivity.

Playing on 30 aswell. Guess people dont know they can adjust settings
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So... 100 sensitivity on hip Sensitivity.
    and 100 on aim down sight sensitivity.
    Uniform soldier aim on.
    Coefficient 200. Aim assist off.

And the aim and mowement is still like playing the game in glue or something.
    The aim is also really unpredictable and feels not smooth! Sometime its fast and precise. Then it just klogs up and gets all choppy!

Worst fps aim mechanics in history!

Completely agree. Hip sensitivity is way too low. Inconsistent acceleration in both hip and ADS is ruining any chance of developing muscle memory.
  • lizzard
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Uniform soldier aim on.

The aim is also really unpredictable and feels not smooth! Sometime its fast and precise. Then it just klogs up and gets all choppy!

Completely agree. Hip sensitivity is way too low. Inconsistent acceleration in both hip and ADS is ruining any chance of developing muscle memory.

If I know dice right, surley this aim issue is fixed in todays patch.........

Ohhh wait newer mind... Lol!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nobel83-9 wrote: »
    Uniform soldier aim on.

If I know dice right, surley this aim issue is fixed in todays patch.........

Ohhh wait newer mind... Lol!

I really woke up this morning expecting to read in the patch notes that it had been fixed. Very surprised it hasn't. I'm not sure if the devs outsource console mechanics work to someone else but the current hip sensitivity is way too low, the acceleration inconsistent and strong, and the deadzone makes it hard to develop muscle memory to consistently and accurately get on medium range targets.

Guys please contact the devs because they're ignoring me about this issue. It's David Sirland, Julian Manolov, and Alan Kertz. We paid for the game and it's their duty to listen to our feedback especially about such a huge issue.

• bel-oh-rama
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There I was, thinking I was the only one with this issue. I've never fiddled with sensitivity setting this much in any other game ever.
  • Iamscope
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You guys do realize the aiming is bad because the frame rate is all over the place right? How can it be smooth when the framerate is not even smooth

• Danimal_871
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alright guys, I woke up this morning and played a couple matches. The only thing I did was tone down the coefficient to 200% and made sure uniform soldier aiming was on, the same settings I had pre-patch. The aiming is now smooth as butter and I can actually track enemies and kill people! These two matches were the best I've had since putting 20+ hours into it. Can anyone else confirm that this deadzone/acceleration has been fixed?
  • NIGHTWATCHMAN13
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Aiming is fine. I'm playing with 90% sensitivity and 130% ADS. Quit making excuses for why you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
  • Rob_420_24_7
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Aiming is fine. I'm playing with 90% sensitivity and 130% ADS. Quit making excuses for why you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I understand people have their own opinions, but what is so hard about recognizing a problem exists when so many people have had the same issue? Something is up with the sensitivity and it sucks, some people might not mind it but that doesn't mean it's not a valid issue for others.
  • creepNpeep
    724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most people are pointing the blame at programming/ game design.

I personally think that the PS4 controller sticks are largely to blame.
    They are shorter and have a pronounced pendulum action to them.
    Personally, I think the centering mechanism is too strong in them.
    Previous PlayStation controllers had small rubber bands that centered the sticks when you released them.
    These would gradually stretch over time and have less resistance in them, although this didn't hamper function.

I believe Sony have employed a different design to centre the sticks (presumably to ensure they don't "fade" over time). ButI think they are too firm which results in rapid acceleration in movement when you lean on them.

I could acquire a target first time, every time with my PS3 controller. They were taller and had less resistance in them, which made them a hell of a lot more predictable and progressive.

• lizzard
    creepNpeep wrote: »
    Most people are pointing the blame at programming/ game design.

I personally think that the PS4 controller sticks are largely to blame.
    They are shorter and have a pronounced pendulum action to them.
    Personally, I think the centering mechanism is too strong in them.
    Previous PlayStation controllers had small rubber bands that centered the sticks when you released them.
    These would gradually stretch over time and have less resistance in them, although this didn't hamper function.

I believe Sony have employed a different design to centre the sticks (presumably to ensure they don't "fade" over time). ButI think they are too firm which results in rapid acceleration in movement when you lean on them.

I could acquire a target first time, every time with my PS3 controller. They were taller and had less resistance in them, which made them a hell of a lot more predictable and progressive.

Noope its not an dualschock issue.

I play both on dualschock and mouse. And so does several of my friends. And all feel the strange aim mowement!

The one's that doesn't seem to have such big issues with the aim. Are the ones that play on a sensitivity below 40 and uses the aimassist.

If im going to enjoy the game while using a dualschock, I need to have the sensitivity around 200! And it ends at 100..

Why in gods name do the console comunity have to get pissed on by the developers, ower and ower again!

Its like.
    Here you go.
    God graphics and nice maps!
    Guess what? We made the aim really bad!
    you like the game?
    And sice we in Sweden have to be politically correct, we like ewery on in the entire world to play on the same server!
    You like it?

Im almost ashamed of being Swedish...
  • Gwektro
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

You're missing the point. I could give two **** if my aiming is bad. This thread is about the deadzone/acceleration issues the dual shock 4 had. Stop being a moron.

But its fine. It stems from the framerate & server performance. Theres 2 dozen sensitivity settings for a reason. Use them. & if you dont, you get what youre experiencing now. But it seems all the console players who try to play this game must find 1000 different excuses as to why they cant play properly.
  • SonahhJudah
    410 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Mouse is just as bad!

Noope not at all..
    The acceleration is still messed-up!
    In bf4 i could run 90-100 on sensitivity.
    50 on ads sensitivity.
    115-130 on uniform aim.

In bf1 I need to go 100 on sensitivity.
    100 on ads sensitivity.
    200 on uniform aim.
    And its still extremely unpredictable!
    Slow and then fast, then jerky, then slow, then fast.. There is no consistency in the aim..

Its way different from the beta. In a bad way.. The beta was bad, but still playable!

You should try the aiming mechanics for tanks L3L.
  • Rob_420_24_7
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You're missing the point. I could give two **** if my aiming is bad. This thread is about the deadzone/acceleration issues the dual shock 4 had. Stop being a moron.

But its fine. It stems from the framerate & server performance. Theres 2 dozen sensitivity settings for a reason. Use them. & if you dont, you get what youre experiencing now. But it seems all the console players who try to play this game must find 1000 different excuses as to why they cant play properly.

The sensitivity options are damn near the same on BF1 as they are in BF4 and I have no problems in BF4. I'll say this again, Max sensitivity, which is what I use on every Battlefield game, is too slow on BF1. Call it frame rate, server performance, whatever, it's just not fast enough. This is a legit issue that a lot of people are having, not 1000 different excuses, it's 1 legit issue. No matter what sensitivity settings I use, it.....is.....slow.