Please Fix the movement /Aim

Comments

• Miggler14
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    there is something definitely wrong with the aiming at first I thought it was just me and I simply needed time to adjust, I simply cannot keep the reticule on target, it seem so inconsistent, sometimes I can't move my reticule enough then other times its moving all over the place. I'm fairly new to battlefield I but I play loads of FPS and sunk some serious time to beta and the aiming (I played on the XB1) didn't feel anywhere near this bad, I feel like the aiming is suffering similar issues to that of Halo 5 with the dead zones coupled with really high aim acceleration making the aiming really jarring.
  • PsychoBug
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I ended up tossing it up on the evilbay and selling it at a few bucks loss.

The controls are just that bad. I've said it before and I'll say it again. These are the WORST fps controls I've ever played. Ever.

What's more is I may stay away from titanfall 2 now because this really sours me on giving EA any more of my money.

The super basic core of any fps is aim. Its really a sad day in gaming when the millions upon millions of dollars poured into the Battlefield franchise doesn't even give decent point and shoot mechanics in 2016.

I am probably going to look into infinite warfare now. Maybe they know how to do the point and shooty.
  • Gwektro
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Aiming is fine. I'm playing with 90% sensitivity and 130% ADS. Quit making excuses for why you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

You're missing the point. I could give two **** if my aiming is bad. This thread is about the deadzone/acceleration issues the dual shock 4 had. Stop being a moron.

But its fine. It stems from the framerate & server performance. Theres 2 dozen sensitivity settings for a reason. Use them. & if you dont, you get what youre experiencing now. But it seems all the console players who try to play this game must find 1000 different excuses as to why they cant play properly.

The sensitivity options are damn near the same on BF1 as they are in BF4 and I have no problems in BF4. I'll say this again, Max sensitivity, which is what I use on every Battlefield game, is too slow on BF1. Call it frame rate, server performance, whatever, it's just not fast enough. This is a legit issue that a lot of people are having, not 1000 different excuses, it's 1 legit issue. No matter what sensitivity settings I use, it.....is.....slow.

The aiming mechanics in BF1 are different & so are the logic of the sensitivities. You're pulling assumptions out of your ****.

Again, console players will be console potatoes with all the excuses. By far my last post here, these forums arent even worth trolling lmao.
  • xBigOrangeHeadx
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The deadzone and acceleration was driving me mad last night. It's definitely worse trying to make vertical adjustments. I get no response and then massive overshoot. I'm used to making fine adjustments quickly and that's just not possible now. I play without auto-rotation. Maybe it's less pronounced if you use the aim assist.
  • jjju
    115 postsMember, Developer DICE, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V
    Halfa-Cree wrote: »
    tytlyf33 wrote: »
    Play with the 'coefficient setting' to adjust acceleration.
    that only works with uniform aiming, and as far as I'm aware, has nothing to do with acceleration, it's scale of sensitivity from hip fire to ads
    this correct?
    Correct

• Rob_420_24_7
    85 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Aiming is fine. I'm playing with 90% sensitivity and 130% ADS. Quit making excuses for why you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

You're missing the point. I could give two **** if my aiming is bad. This thread is about the deadzone/acceleration issues the dual shock 4 had. Stop being a moron.

But its fine. It stems from the framerate & server performance. Theres 2 dozen sensitivity settings for a reason. Use them. & if you dont, you get what youre experiencing now. But it seems all the console players who try to play this game must find 1000 different excuses as to why they cant play properly.

The sensitivity options are damn near the same on BF1 as they are in BF4 and I have no problems in BF4. I'll say this again, Max sensitivity, which is what I use on every Battlefield game, is too slow on BF1. Call it frame rate, server performance, whatever, it's just not fast enough. This is a legit issue that a lot of people are having, not 1000 different excuses, it's 1 legit issue. No matter what sensitivity settings I use, it.....is.....slow.

The aiming mechanics in BF1 are different & so are the logic of the sensitivities. You're pulling assumptions out of your ****.

Again, console players will be console potatoes with all the excuses. By far my last post here, these forums arent even worth trolling lmao.

I guess I just have no Idea what I'm talking about then, huh. Numbers don't lie. I've put in so many hours over the years and it's been fun as hell, no other shooter game I'd rather be playing. And I never said the aiming mechanics or the logic of the sensitivities were not different, I said the menu options for sensitivity were basically the same. I'm only having an issue with BF1.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Rob_420_24_7/stats/301865636/ps3/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Rob_420_24_7/stats/301865636/ps4/
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/agent/Rob_420_24_7/stats/301865636/ps3/

Post edited by Rob_420_24_7 on
  • Miggler14
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've made a thread on reddit if anyone wants to add their 10 cents on there and try and make any issues more known

reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/599qtz/anyone_else_having_issues_aiming_on_the_ps4/?st=iup970gk&sh=2bc85680
  • KingSudani
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i agree its quite sluggish especially when switching from a target to the other while ADS i'd have to go out of the ADS then aim again then ADS ( i'd be dead by then ) and the movement ... its $hit specially when trying to avoid the incoming fire
    not to forget the plane flying model which is the worst ( i thought bf4 was bad but this made me go bezerk )
  • Dillon-is-taken
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    lizzard wrote: »
    The aim is the whorst in history!
    I thought the beta was kind of slow and unpredictable.. But the retail game, oh my God!

And it feels like aiming in syrup!
    Also there is a slight input lag in the controlls.
    And a bad acceleration curve.
    That's exactly how it's been feeling for me on Xbox One. Sometimes my character will turn so slow it's like I'm swimming in heavy syrup, but then other times, it's like my guy is on crack and can do a 180 split second. With those inconsistencies, building muscle memory is a pipe dream.
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    people moaning about controls are the worst in history, have never played kz2 back in the day
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    people moaning about controls are the worst in history, have never played kz2 back in the day

Except KZ2 was made that way.Hence why people praise it as one of the best shooters last gen.It just wasn't your typical run off the milk FPS.

• BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You guys are obviously doing something wrong.I can aim no problem after messing around with the sensitivity options and that "Heavyness"is.no longer there
  • INCUBA3E-BF
    1944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Except KZ2 was made that way.Hence why people praise it as one of the best shooters last gen.It just wasn't your typical run off the milk FPS.

and perhaps dice made it this way on console too (unlikely)

also run of the milk........that classic saying haha ;)
  • lizzard
    985 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You guys are obviously doing something wrong.I can aim no problem after messing around with the sensitivity options and that "Heavyness"is.no longer there

I'm not doing anything wrong , I'm rocking a 2.7 kill death and an 800spm , the reality is its sluggish .

The only way to counter it is to up the sensitivity so high I can't aim at all , I use 30 sensitivity and have to have ADS sensitivity at 72% , that's absolutely stupid , the acceleration and weird mechanics are ruining what could be a far better experience , people say BF4 was twitchy , no it was simply very responsive , exactly how a shooter should be

Hmmm.. Do you use aimassist?

Don't go that low on hip Sensitivity! It will mess up your ads.

I suggest you go to 100 sensitivity on hip.
    And 50 on ads sensitivity. Then raise the ads sensitivity or lower it, as u get used to it.
    Also turn on uniform soldier aim!

It will not be fast and precise like bf4 or cod. But you will be able to turn around a corner atleast.. Kind of...

Bf1 aim is just as responsive as the bf1 menus!
  • TrimiPejes
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What I notice with a lot of these comments is people want that crazy 'run and gun', bunny hoppity hop, 'all guns blazing' type of dynamics in a game where that particular concept is not catered towards.
    I agree the controls/player movement are far from fluid and definitely needed tweaking.
    But I find it somewhat ignorant that people are often times stating that Battlefield 4's character movements were perfect and are the standards we should use to base this newly released Battlefield 1 on.
    And here it is, what people don't want to hear, yet it is what it is, Battlefield Hardline had THE most smoothest player feel in all the franchise. That game alone outed BF4 in so many ways, no 'rubber banding', no jerky momentum, ability to jump freely, hit registration on point all day long.
    Yet some people can't, or won't see it. Just like FIFA where the gameplay is sooo "scripted", limited, pre-determined. Yet the masses play that in their droves, totally ignoring Pro Evolution which is so much more… No restrictions on player movement from the Controller, etc, etc.
    So if you want to know a Battlefield game that had it down pat, Hardline is it. Just saying. 64 Players, Battlefield game concept, yet perfect everything that you could ask for in such a game.
    The end.

Except the TTK was horrible in that game and the maps too IMO. Feeling and control wise, you are right. It felt really smooth
  • SeedyRatio
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TRY THIS- everyone who is struggling with the awkward aiming mechanics in this game like I am. Turn your soldier stick (hip fire) sensitivity UP, and your soldier zoom (ADS) down. I'm running 55% stick, 50% zoom and it has helped me and some of my friends a whole lot. It's still not BF4 perfect aiming, but it gets rid of the whacky uncontrollable reticule has a mind of its own stuff.
  • WinterbornGuard
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its perfect. The current state gives it a great human feel to everything. Majority of post in this thread are literally asking for arena shooter style movement and gunplay which couldnt be less battlefield and feels super arcade-y. Fast, weightless, and fluid movement feels cheap and lazy.