Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

eXoXenO
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello,

so i played the Beta of Battlefield 1 and now the full game and got a problem with the FPS.

In some cases when fighting (not massive) they drop to nearly 15-20 for some seconds.

Also i noticed that it doesn't makes a huge difference (in FPS) if i change from Ultra to high or medium.

The FPS drops are still there...

I don't know if my system is to weak but which graphic options do you recommend me to take?

This is my system:

- AMD Piledriver FX-8350, 8x 4.0GHz
- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, AMD 990FX
- AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
- 16GB Kingston DDR3-1600 (2x 8GB)

If you need further information please let me know!

Comments

• Str4yshot
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.
  • SilverKidPoweh
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Str4yshot wrote: »
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.

Can confirm
    I got i7 6700k +gtx 980ti game is very smooth at 90-120fps
    what is weird when i check cpu usage it says its 100% but i dont have any stuttering

How do you check cpu usage in game? And what iss the normal cpu which iss good?
  • JustCallMeKoo
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016

Can confirm
    what is weird when i check cpu usage it says its 100% but i dont have any stuttering

i7 6700k, gtx 1070 - avg fps 60-70 and drops down to 50-30fps (not good) :(
    My cpu usage is only around 70% and fluctuates.
  • TheWalkingDerp
    381 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not entirely true, theres quite a few i7 users having issues. Theres defo something going on with optimisation.
    What ive also noticed is when drops happen, for me its only to about 50-60ish fps, is the game suddenly doesn't feel very smooth and a little microstuttery and that is with a gsync panel. Not sure if its me just being used to higher fps or if its a problem with the game as well.
  • LoseSanity
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Not entirely true, theres quite a few i7 users having issues. Theres defo something going on with optimisation.
    What ive also noticed is when drops happen, for me its only to about 50-60ish fps, is the game suddenly doesn't feel very smooth and a little microstuttery and that is with a gsync panel. Not sure if its me just being used to higher fps or if its a problem with the game as well.

I can confirm this, i said earlier about having i7 4790k and still having the same issue, but also before the frame drops happen it feels like some serious microstutter like it's skipping frames.
  • Sinistercr0c
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm also suffering huge FPS drops where the game appears to freeze for a second or so and fraps shows a massive dip in framerate down from 50 - 60 to probably 10 or less. It breaks the whole immersion of the game and makes it impossible to play given the need for constant turning, aiming etc.

Specs:

AMD FX-8350 OC'd @ 4.6Ghz
    16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM @ DDR3 1600Mhz standard timings
    2 x R9 Sapphire 280x @ 1600/1100 crossfire (3Gb VRAM)
    Samsung 840 Pro
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX r1.0
    Acer XR341CK 3440 x 1440 Freesync monitor (frame cap @ 60 in latest crimson driver)

Playing DX11 and no video settings make any difference from low thru ultra and every custom combination you can think of.
  • OldPainterMan
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    go to my documents and delete the battle field 1 folder (temp fix)

fix until they patch it, my documts, battle field 1, settings, profsave back upprofile. change gstrender dx12enabled 1 to gstrender dx12 enabled 0

worked for me

(it's a problem from the beta!)
  • Sinistercr0c
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have resolved my issue. Basically it appears (to me at least) that the driver update process from AMD for crimson may be somewhat borked. I uninstalled the AMD install manager from control panel/programs then ran the DDU driver cleaner utility and ccleaner for the registry. I then rebooted and re-installed the latest crimson package (so a clean fresh install of the latest driver, no overlaying the update over the previous crimson driver suite which is what I think happens when you update via the inbuilt crimson updater). I then installed the monitor driver (which I only noticed was also removed as BF1 then said the monitor was a generic plug 'n play one not the Acer XR341CK).....and voila!!

Now getting a reasonable 55 -60 FPS with no huge drops at all. I've even managed to turn the advanced video settings upto high in most cases although I leave AA off and post processing at low given what various performance review sites have said has the most impact on FPS in BF1.

I'd advise any AMD GPU owners to completely un-install crimson and then clean their system with DDU before then installing the latest 16.10.2 package from the AMD website ....hope it works for you!
  • red_john_connor
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yanivsitel wrote: »

Can confirm

How do you check cpu usage in game? And what iss the normal cpu which iss good?

i use msi afterburner

my video on YT https://youtube.com/watch?v=M2xiYAnbVoU&feature=youtu.be
  • wazyl
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5 4670k its unplayable really :( beta was fine.
  • Othoa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here
    AMD FX 8350
    GTX 980ti
  • Kruki21
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here
    AMD FX8350
    GTX1060 6GB

Please DICE, do something, this takes away all the fun of the game...
  • Koy0t3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have also FPS drops and it doesn´t matter if I have the settings on Ultra or low. It´s nearly the same.

The most of time I have about 70-90 FPS....sometimes over 100 FPS and then it drops to 30-40 for a few seconds.
    Glad to see that I am not the only one :D Was changing the settings up an down the whole days to try to fix it.

AMD FX8350
    XFX RX 480 8GB
    Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0
    16GB RAM

• MzeeMowl
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey,

i have a very old i5 750 @ 2,67Ghz OC to 3,2
    GTX 1060
    12GB RAM

Yes, of course my CPU is a very high bottleneck. But I played the Beta with around 60-80 FPS on Ultra, DX12. Now i'm around 60 FPS with framedrops to 40FPS.
  • Solid-Ru5tle
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is so annoying omg!!!!!!

im getting dips when looking into open areas to 40-50fps too, turning everything low doesnt fix it either!!!!

running on i5 2500k 3.3ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB
    8GB RAM

i find it BS that CPU bottleneck is the only blame when switching everything to low doesnt bring Fps gain??
  • KartoffelKan0ne
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same Poblems, but not on every Map.

i5 2500k @ 4,5 GHZ
    16 GB Ram
    GTX 1060

WIN7 64 Bit

In the Beta my old 750 ti did better then my 1060 now.....
    Can´t really play without laggin