Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• imgn-UnsyNZ
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    If anyone is experiencing poor fps with a high end rig, like i7 with gtx 1070 or 1080 but you can only get 40-60 fps for no reason..
    I just had that problem and it was bugging the hell out of me, the game was unplayable even though I had above recommended specs.
    I tried everything I was reading, but one thing I didn't try was moving my graphics card to the 1st slot. I know that sounds like I'm dumb, but I had it in the 2nd slot and had no problems with other games. For some reason BF1 will only run properly with the GPU in the 1st slot. I went from 40-60fps on low, to 80-120fps on ultra, just from switching it to the 1st slot.
    I hope this helps anyone! :)

Sounds like you had it in the PCI-e 4x slot rather than the x16 slot. That will limit your GPU's power to some extent, its not a BF1 only thing
  • Predication
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GTX 970 MSI
    AMD FX 8350
    Windows 10 64-bit
    16GB RAM

Dropping from 70-80 fps on Ultra-settings to about 10 fps every thirty seconds for a duration of about 3 seconds, which makes it quite hard to play the game online.
  • EL_KURTO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm also experiancing the same exact issue. My work PC where I play BF1 is,

AMD FX-8350
    16Gb RAM
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0
    EVGA 960 SSC

I was running a 980 FTW and was getting the same issue.

My Home PC has no issues. The specs of that are,

Intel 6700K @ 4.5Ghz
    16Gb DDR4 RAM
    EVGA 1080FTW

I thought at first it was an AMD only thing but it seems as if some Intel people are affected as well. Although I see a lot of other people on here with 8350's.
  • ATCRAFID
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have aslo the same problem....
    my pc configuration is gtx960 4GB core i5 4590 and 16gb RAM....
    Its run bf1 on my pc around 65fps but in 2-3 sec its freeze like a mad :(
    that make this game unplayble omg :(
    I done every tweek to improve it but nothing worked.....
    i lower my pc resolution to 1280
    and gfx settings to low but no difference still same problem and more worse its freeze now 1-2 sec after after :(
    :'(

• Sechnaill
    992 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have not experienced any serious fps drop, like the fps fluctuate by about 10
  • ATCRAFID
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Koy0t3 wrote: »
    I have also FPS drops and it doesn´t matter if I have the settings on Ultra or low. It´s nearly the same.

The most of time I have about 70-90 FPS....sometimes over 100 FPS and then it drops to 30-40 for a few seconds.
    Glad to see that I am not the only one :D Was changing the settings up an down the whole days to try to fix it.

AMD FX8350
    XFX RX 480 8GB
    Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0
    16GB RAM

dude when i read ur i was just laughing....
    i do the same thing every day :open_mouth:
  • kodzak69
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Win 7 64
    i5 4690k stock
    12gb ram
    gtx1070

same fps drops... help
  • D3Zi-GaYSeNBerG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    after reinstalling the game(which i had to for some reasons) i now get even worse frame drops!!!before that it was mostly in amiens map but now every map has fps drops
    Core i7
    gtx 970
  • TheOriginalZezz
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ATCRAFID wrote: »
    I have aslo the same problem....
    my pc configuration is gtx960 4GB core i5 4590 and 16gb RAM....
    Its run bf1 on my pc around 65fps but in 2-3 sec its freeze like a mad :(
    that make this game unplayble omg :(
    I done every tweek to improve it but nothing worked.....
    i lower my pc resolution to 1280
    and gfx settings to low but no difference still same problem and more worse its freeze now 1-2 sec after after :(
    :'(

same bro
  • StrateggyPL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have :
    gtx 970
    i5 4460
    8gb ram

Game at medium is unplayable ... the same on low. In BF 4 i have 60fps on ultra. When we get the patch DICE ?
  • trig0tron
    324 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Are any of you experiencing this on single player..?

• Falone157
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dice and a shame all launch bf has problems with optimization of not to play will take your ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I i5 4440 gtx 970 8 ram and I can not play or with the configurations in low
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    trig0tron wrote: »

I'm not. Only multiplayer
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    DICE RELEASE A PATCH!!!!!!!!
  • ThePunisherGRE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I think FPS drop its only at Multiplayer!! Campaign running great!!! But i am bored to dying when my fps drop from 75 to 14!!! Come one Dice make this patch and stop to testing many methods without succes!!!
  • Fitfit
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issues here. CPU does not go above 65°C and is 100% stable up to 72.3°C

i5 4670
    GTX 760SC 2X SLI
    Windows 7 64bits
    16Go DDR
    SSD Raid 0.

My internet is fine and all the required ports are open.

The Beta was 100% fine in medium without any FPS drops. Now I cant run on low without getting drops and stuttering. I even copied the settings from the beta profile directly into the config files.
    It seems like a memory leak (CPU leak ?) of some kind. I use DX11.

BF4 is maxed in 1080p without any issues.
  • H0lymighT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have fps drop from 85-65fps to 40 no matter what i change the settings too.
    Zero Blur + LOW + Dx12 and GPU Memory Is OFF .. Still Hug FPS Drop

CPU : i5 4690 ( Stock ) With Liqud Cooler
    GPU : GTX 970 G1 Gaming ( Stock )
    Ram : 8 Gig Dual Channel 2*4 1600 Bus
    SSD : Samsung 840 PRO 128 GB ( windows )
    HDD : 2 TB Seagate ( Game Location )

I Tryed Every Tweak About Put CPU On High ... Making User.cfg On Game Folder With the Settings ...
    Nvidia Exprience Optimization ... Turning XBOX DVR Off And Shadow Play OFF

Dx12 OFF
    http://imgur.com/a/9a215
    http://imgur.com/a/J79WA
    =-=--
    DX12 On
    http://imgur.com/a/U4kFu
    http://imgur.com/a/lFQNi

My Friend With i7 6700 With 24MM Liquid Cooler And GTX 1070 G1 Gaming And 16 GB Ram with 2400 bus Got FPS Drop Too ...

Hey DICE YOUR GAME IS NOT OPTIMIZED ... REFUND MY MONEY AND TAKE YOUR ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ GAME BACK !
    Post edited by H0lymighT on
  • H0lymighT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    trig0tron wrote: »

I have FPS Drop On Single Too
  • JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nimphas wrote: »
    One tip. Turn OFF gpu memory restriction if you have a 4,6 or 8GB video card. Only leave it ON if you have a 2 or 3GB card. I was dumb enough to leave it ON with a 6gb card, i gained like 10-15 fps when i turned it OFF.

interesting yesterday i change graphic settings from custom to ultra, and turned on GPU restriction and the game honestly has ran alot better. Still have some random FPS drops but not as bad as before.

i5 4690k
    AMD R9 390x
    8GB Ram
  • carnifexx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game sh**s on my gsync :/