Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• El_Exodus
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I forgot to mention, that I moved all BF1 cache to SSD drive as the game itself

Cache typically located in C:\My documents\Battlefield 1

Moved entirely folder to SSD with symlink.

How did you move the BF1 Cache to another drive? Since my documents folder is not on my C:/ SSD drive the Cache is located on a HDD. The game itself is installed on the SSD though. Can't find any options to just move the Cache.
  • Rippers45
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Anyone tried running this game in windowed mode i know it isn't a great way to play but it sorted my fps drops out, just need dice to release a patch !
  • D3Zi-GaYSeNBerG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    El_Exodus wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, that I moved all BF1 cache to SSD drive as the game itself

Cache typically located in C:\My documents\Battlefield 1

Moved entirely folder to SSD with symlink.

How did you move the BF1 Cache to another drive? Since my documents folder is not on my C:/ SSD drive the Cache is located on a HDD. The game itself is installed on the SSD though. Can't find any options to just move the Cache.

Yeah how can i move the cache folder?should i just cut it to my ssd or what?
  • PannkakarN
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ziXs wrote: »
    Guys, here`s a little fix that might improve your FPS .

1. Set gametime.maxvariablefps to your monitor refresh rate.

2. Change in game the RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit to test which setting works best for you.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1 - significantly lowers and limits the GPU usage to 70 %(can not reach higher) . CPU usage lowers abit down to 70 %. A lot of sluttering and FPS limited to 50.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 - (default value) - 99 % GPU Usage | 95-100 % CPU Usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.

For my config RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 gives the best combo. Hyperthreading is enabled.

3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

gametime.maxvariablefps 60 (your monitor refresh rate)
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

Guys, this really works. Made the user.cfg and now game runs so damn well on ultra with my old i5 2500k (OC) and gtx 1060. Try it! Got drops and bad fps with medium settings before.
  • screwubenny-VX9-
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Nvidia people may want to go into the control panel and make sure the global settings aren't rendering games in a higher res and then downscaling them. I was having problems on my 1080 and then I realized control panel was defaulted to run everything at 2x res and then downscale it. I turned that off and now my game never drops below 80 fps on ultra. I'm still not happy with that number though, and I had to cap my framerate at 80 because I can't stand dips and they were getting me killed. I should be getting 120+ easy.

The framerate render thing did nothing for me btw. Tried all the different settings. If anything it seemed to make it worse. I'm really disappointed in the DX12 setting. It says right there it can "significantly" improve performance when in actuality it destroys your framerate.
  • Belfast91
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yesterday the user.cfg works for me, but today it was horrible. Wtf is happening with this FPS problems. Im crazy.

GTX 970 G1
    16 RAM
    I5 4670
  • H0lymighT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ziXs wrote: »
    Guys, here`s a little fix that might improve your FPS .

1. Set gametime.maxvariablefps to your monitor refresh rate.

2. Change in game the RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit to test which setting works best for you.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1 - significantly lowers and limits the GPU usage to 70 %(can not reach higher) . CPU usage lowers abit down to 70 %. A lot of sluttering and FPS limited to 50.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 - (default value) - 99 % GPU Usage | 95-100 % CPU Usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.

For my config RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 gives the best combo. Hyperthreading is enabled.

3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

Confirmed
    with i5 4690 ( NONE K )
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    8GB DDR3 Ram Bus 1600

Work very Well On Ultra + DX12 On And GPU Memory OFF

God Bless You Man
  • Gwaksoup
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Had the same problem got similar hardware. I put settings to high then switched to borderless windowed mode. Now every map is 60 fps at 1080p. Some maps played well at fullscreen and others no so much. Set battlefield 1 to high priority also. Game ain't optimized at all yet it's a port of course.
  • Graphic-J
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    No framedrops while playing but huge frame drops when I click on that Shadowplay thing to record the last minute and worse frame rates (mostly crashes) when I stream on Twitch.
  • carnifexx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    keep getting that low fps symbol on the upper right on side of the screen
  • IisReFlecT
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 12 GB RAM & a 1060 6GB getting between 60-80 fps with everything maxed but sometimes randomly dips on 64 man servers. Everything is running between 70-90% usage and the graphic options don't seem to change anything in terms of fps. Very confused.
  • JuSt1sS
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had fps drops on all settings with my GTX 760, I5 3470 on windows 7 x64, cpu usage was always on 100%. Affter installing Windows 10 x64 all fps drops was disappeared, even on Amien. CPU usage now 65-70%.
  • Crashpilot1001
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IisReFlecT wrote: »
    I have a FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 12 GB RAM & a 1060 6GB getting between 60-80 fps with everything maxed but sometimes randomly dips on 64 man servers. Everything is running between 70-90% usage and the graphic options don't seem to change anything in terms of fps. Very confused.

Turn down the lighting, the effects and that undergrowth stuff. Disable motionblur by pulling the slider to 0% and also edit your "PROFSAVE_profile" file. Open it with wordpad and find the line "GstRender.MotionBlurEnabled" it should say "1", put it to "0". BTW running in borderless instead of Fullscreen gave me a couple of FPS with DX12 and AMD r9 390 - so something to try out it may work. Note: Crossfire/SLI needs the Fullscreen setting AFAIK. You can also run "razer cortex" with the boost option on. Disable viruskiller while playing is more tricky, you can use Avast, that has a disable button. Maybe disable windows update service and "BITS". That should help the dips.
  • Wild-Puddin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont understand this fix you guys are talking about, is on the console in the game or I actually need to create the file?
  • akaMikee
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a i5 4690k and GTX 960 4GB and run smoothly at Medium Settings with zero frame drops.
  • PannkakarN
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I dont understand this fix you guys are talking about, is on the console in the game or I actually need to create the file?

You need to make a file, nevermind the console.

"3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

"
  • Wild-Puddin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    PannkakarN wrote: »

"3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

"

I did it and sadly no change, even on medium I get dips to the 30s, I dont know If is because I have a bad cpu

8320 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb
  • F1aw1ess
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

"

I did it and sadly no change, even on medium I get dips to the 30s, I dont know If is because I have a bad cpu

8320 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb

possibly cpu related but either way 8gb ram aint gunna help
  • JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the only thing that fixed my FPS drops was disabling DX12
  • Wild-Puddin
    F1aw1ess wrote: »

"

8320 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb

possibly cpu related but either way 8gb ram aint gunna help

Do you think If I buy more ram I will be able to play smoothly? I already tied doing overclock to the CPU and I get the same fps drops