Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• aggressoranasazi
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    PannkakarN wrote: »
    I dont understand this fix you guys are talking about, is on the console in the game or I actually need to create the file?

You need to make a file, nevermind the console.

"3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

gametime.maxvariablefps 60 (your monitor refresh rate)
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

"

I did it and sadly no change, even on medium I get dips to the 30s, I dont know If is because I have a bad cpu

8320 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb

same for me, even 25 fps on low and res scaling set to 25%

i5-3550k
    8g ram
    geforce 980ti
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nvidia people may want to go into the control panel and make sure the global settings aren't rendering games in a higher res and then downscaling them. I was having problems on my 1080 and then I realized control panel was defaulted to run everything at 2x res and then downscale it. I turned that off and now my game never drops below 80 fps on ultra. I'm still not happy with that number though, and I had to cap my framerate at 80 because I can't stand dips and they were getting me killed. I should be getting 120+ easy.

The framerate render thing did nothing for me btw. Tried all the different settings. If anything it seemed to make it worse. I'm really disappointed in the DX12 setting. It says right there it can "significantly" improve performance when in actuality it destroys your framerate.

What is your CPU? What is you gpu usage when you get 80fps? resolution?

How is resolution scale set in BF1? 100%?

I run the game on ultra at 1440p with 100+fps.

I had some weid cpu usage at first, then I decided to do a clean win 10 install and now the games runs great.

i7-6800k, GTX1080, 16GB ram.

• KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    F1aw1ess wrote: »
    PannkakarN wrote: »
    I dont understand this fix you guys are talking about, is on the console in the game or I actually need to create the file?

You need to make a file, nevermind the console.

"3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

gametime.maxvariablefps 60 (your monitor refresh rate)
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

"

I did it and sadly no change, even on medium I get dips to the 30s, I dont know If is because I have a bad cpu

8320 3.5ghz
    8gb ram
    rx 480 8gb

possibly cpu related but either way 8gb ram aint gunna help

Do you think If I buy more ram I will be able to play smoothly? I already tied doing overclock to the CPU and I get the same fps drops

When I play I see RAM usage going up to 7-8gb, and I have 16gb.

So you are running the minimum amount of ram to play this game.
    More ram will help avoid fps drops.
  • Dwaegord
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue with FX8350 4.2GHz, GTX 960 4Go and 16Go Ram...
    I have drop to 35/40 fps in bif fight and whatever my quality... (low or ultra) and during beta on the same map I didn't have this issue :/
  • Sg-Shifty
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue here:

gtx 1060 3gb OC
    fx [email protected] GHz
    8GB Ram

I have 60-80 fps in every maps but often fps drops to 30-40....Is horrible. I tried everything but this problem persists....
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me9alodon wrote: »
    If you have overclocked your CPU, try reverting bios settings back to default and run battlefield 1 to see if framerate still drops. I found out that OC setting was causing the problem for me. After returning to default bios settings, battlefield no longer drop to 20-30 frames. I get steady 90-110 fps on low setting and the lowest framerate drop is 60fps. Which is still playable. I now overclocked my CPU back to 4.6ghz again but this time with different settings enabled and disabled in bios.

Bios setting:
    Only increase mulitiplier to 23
    Enabled cool n quiet and c1e
    Disabled c6

PC:
    Windows 10 x64 Anniversary
    AMD FX-8320
    GTX 970

Hope this helps.

So change your whole setup that might have been stable for years for one game? Sure that sounds like the best thing to do. Might as well buy a new car too because you got a flat in the old one.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you have overclocked your CPU, try reverting bios settings back to default and run battlefield 1 to see if framerate still drops. I found out that OC setting was causing the problem for me. After returning to default bios settings, battlefield no longer drop to 20-30 frames. I get steady 90-110 fps on low setting and the lowest framerate drop is 60fps. Which is still playable. I now overclocked my CPU back to 4.6ghz again but this time with different settings enabled and disabled in bios.

Bios setting:
    Disabled c6

PC:
    AMD FX-8320
    GTX 970

Hope this helps.

So change your whole setup that might have been stable for years for one game? Sure that sounds like the best thing to do. Might as well buy a new car too because you got a flat in the old one.

Actually your problem is you have a AMD processor and a sub top end card.
  • Wild-Puddin
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member

Bios setting:
    Disabled c6

PC:
    AMD FX-8320
    GTX 970

Hope this helps.

And he's playing on low settings with a 970
  • L3BRACON
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So thats it, my i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz was bottlenecking my gtx 1070. Had 100% cpu usage, 70-100fps with stutters. NOW upgraded to i7 6700k @ 4.4ghz and everything is buttersmoooooth, 90-120fps.

Sorry guys, but i5 are bottlenecking :( Sure they will optimize, but i7 will give you even more perfomance after patch.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    L3BRACON wrote: »
    So thats it, my i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz was bottlenecking my gtx 1070. Had 100% cpu usage, 70-100fps with stutters. NOW upgraded to i7 6700k @ 4.4ghz and everything is buttersmoooooth, 90-120fps.

Sorry guys, but i5 are bottlenecking :( Sure they will optimize, but i7 will give you even more perfomance after patch.

Can i ask what is your cpu usage now compared to your old cpu? I have 2 980ti's been looking to do a nice upgrade, want to know how the 6700k works. your card and mine are close enough to compare.
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    After the 1st patch ,my CPU usage with 6700 3.7Ghz has dropped down to max 70-80% from 100% on the heaviest map.
  • REPERCUSSIONS

Bios setting:
    Disabled c6

PC:
    AMD FX-8320
    GTX 970

Hope this helps.

And he's playing on low settings with a 970

I will say this game does take some gpu power, And way too much cpu. But low.... Buy a ps4 or xbox for that. Try running this beast at 1440p 200% res all ultra. frigging looks real. But runs like a snail at that res setting.
  • henowns123
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I put my bf1 client on low priority and it helped some.
  • L3BRACON
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ziXs wrote: »
    After the 1st patch ,my CPU usage with 6700 3.7Ghz has dropped down to max 70-80% from 100% on the heaviest map.

Can confirm that :)
  • L3BRACON
    L3BRACON wrote: »

Can i ask what is your cpu usage now compared to your old cpu? I have 2 980ti's been looking to do a nice upgrade, want to know how the 6700k works. your card and mine are close enough to compare.

6600k was 100% all the time, 6700k now avarage 80%, plus i gained about 10-15fps
  • III_Rockman_III
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    El_Exodus wrote: »
    I forgot to mention, that I moved all BF1 cache to SSD drive as the game itself

Cache typically located in C:\My documents\Battlefield 1

Moved entirely folder to SSD with symlink.

How did you move the BF1 Cache to another drive? Since my documents folder is not on my C:/ SSD drive the Cache is located on a HDD. The game itself is installed on the SSD though. Can't find any options to just move the Cache.

You can try something like http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html
    So you move cache to SSD, and then copy symlink in previous location. Symlink means system "thinks" that file/folder in here, but it's actually somewhere else.
  • Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So after running some benchmarks to compare DX11 vs DX12, it seems that the FPS drops are more of occasion on DX11 where they drop to 40 for 10-30seconds, while on DX12 they drop to 35-40 but only for 1-2seconds.. Somehow, the gameplay on DX12 feels a bit more sluttering even though the framerate is more fluid..

33fap1h.png
  • AGA_Twitch
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Purchased a 1070 and was running in 50 FPS on full ultra... So decided to ditch my AMD 8350 and 8GB of DDR3 Ram. Just ordered an I7-6700K, new Mobo and went up to 16MB 2400 DDR4....

Doesn't seem like this will be the fix based on all the posts BUT.. I am happy to be switching over to intel anyways :smiley:
  • jimm0o
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    we have to wait december or more for the fix? someone yesterday he said "Dice is on vacation until the day of Thanksgiving. really? my gpu still running at 50/60% and fps drop :(

• Rippers45
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    we have to wait december or more for the fix? someone yesterday he said "Dice is on vacation until the day of Thanksgiving. really? my gpu still running at 50/60% :(

DICE have multiple studios so even if that was the case that the guys in Stockholm where on vacation then there other studios would be on the fixes