Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• SToNeYZ
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have noticed a 20 fps drop from a solid 65fps to 40 no matter what i change the settings too.
    Iam also using a fx 8350oc 4.5ghz 16gb of ddr3 ram and a powercolor reddevil rx470 4gb oc to 1350 mhz .Doesnt matter the settings i can run all on ultra or low still get same cpu usage and then frame drops.
  • Koy0t3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It´s a bit sad that I updatet my hardware to a FX8350 and a RX 480 because of BF1 :dizzy:
    And now I have laggs and framedrops on every setting :tired_face:
  • Koy0t3
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    BF4 is running on 120FPS on Ultra....Yeah BF1 is a a league higher but come on...
  • Z-Crashpilot1001
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    System: FX6300 @4,2 (all cores locked to that), 16 GB Ram, Win10, XFX390 DD Black edition (8GB)
    On DX12 it seems like the cache has to fill up, once that is done everything is fine. My lowest FPS is in the 60ties and my highest in the 120ties with custom settings. On DX11 I see regular drops in the 50ties lowest was even 45, so DX12 is way ahead for me. I think it is actually running better then the Beta.
    Don't disable in PROFSAVE_profile the GstRender.MotionBlurEnabled, leave it at "GstRender.MotionBlurEnabled 1"
    The most crucial settings I turned down are:
    GstRender.LightingQuality 0
    GstRender.TerrainQuality 1
    GstRender.UndergrowthQuality 0
    I wished I had a better cpu but it is 100% playable no hiccups here.

• JustCallMeKoo
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is so annoying omg!!!!!!

im getting dips when looking into open areas to 40-50fps too, turning everything low doesnt fix it either!!!!

running on i5 2500k 3.3ghz
    GTX 1060 6GB
    8GB RAM

i find it BS that CPU bottleneck is the only blame when switching everything to low doesnt bring Fps gain??

Wait for Dice/EA to patch things, a lot of people are getting performance issues, whilst others are not which is just strange. Looks more to be a problem with the game (optimization).
  • Solid-Ru5tle
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Wait for Dice/EA to patch things, a lot of people are getting performance issues, whilst others are not which is just strange. Looks more to be a problem with the game (optimization).

hope so, I know im due for cpu and RAM upgrade but I sure hope DICE fixes this as I dont have any budget for upgrades atm XD
  • Castamann
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Huuuge fps drops 120-50, also picture freezes for 3-4 seconds, and i'm dead of course. What the ***** is this DICE?
    I was getting 60fps with no freezes and drops at beta with my old 760, now i have 1060 and can't play at all.
    BTW my cpu is [email protected], 12 gb of [email protected]
  • Z-Crashpilot1001
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BTW: I have the in-Game origin disabled. Maybe that helps?
  • m4rchm3llow
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have same Problem. FPS drops like Freezes!
    YOu can see with MSI.

bf1freezes.jpg

i7 4790k, r9 290, win10 x64, SSD
  • ImMadeOfWaxx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea same with my R9 290X + i5 4590. On some maps i can play with medium settings with around 80 FPS and on other maps i get drops to around 50 FPS even with low settings. The funny thing is, when i set everything on ultra i only have around 10 FPS few. There is absolutely no gaining in FPS when turning down graphics
  • Castamann
    edited October 2016
    BTW: I have the in-Game origin disabled. Maybe that helps?

WOW! That helped with freezes! But not with fps drops. 10x anyway
    Post edited by Castamann on
  • StaatsYOSTI
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem for me here, although i am running the game on a laptop....
    I am able to get a solid and steady 60fps on medium, but after one game my fps is all over the place. Freezes and stutters occur. Looked into my gpu which was completely fine temperature and loadwise, my cpu however was loaded at 100%, causing it to be at 97 degrees celcius. Could this be the problem?

Laptop specs:
    i7-6700HQ
    GTX960m 2gb
    8gb ram
    No ssd
  • HydroExcursion
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Got no FPS issues here, only at the start.
    so far so good, as the game seller told me i wouldn't be able to run it tough.
    game is amazing, hope u get it sorted.
  • StaalWorm
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    unplayable on my i5 3470. playable on my i7 6700hq but it will go to 100% and bottleneck overtime..... dice fix this **** the beta was running so much better
  • RayoTrueno
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hi,

I've got a FX 8350, RX 480, 16 Gb RAM and I got FPS drops and **** annoying stuttering when zooming at the map when entering multiplayer. I don't have that 100% CPU usage reported by some.

I think the problem is DIRECTX 12!!

If I disable Directx12 everything runs smooth like a baby's polished ****. It's a shame because all the internet media says that rx480 really takes profit of Directx 12 in BF1 but I think right now it's broken. Vulkan runs excelent in DOOM, I play 1440p everything ultra, TXAA, etc. is awesome, please DICE make something like that (BF 1 I play 1080p everything ultra, TXAA, and in DirectX11 runs very good).

So, have you tried disabling DX12?

Regards!
  • Castamann
    edited October 2016
    disabling dx12 helps, but not significantly
  • m4rchm3llow
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Try disable ASUS ROG Game First
  • 1WarPig1
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    for those that have SLI, try disabling it. I tried all the fixes but had no luck till I did that. Runs great now.
  • Achmed5858
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same problem
    i7 3770, RX 470 8GB, 16GB of DDR3 1600MHz. Maybe I should get my money back.... just thinking... and wait a year for proper optimization and then buy it for 15-20$.
  • jan35clankiller
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had the same problem. After I disabled windows updates it worked very well for me.
    This may also work for you guys, the info below I found on this website: http://segmentnext.com/2016/10/19/battlefield-1-errors-crashes-freezing-fps-performance-black-screen-directx-and-fixes/

Open CMD as an admin, then type: "Net Stop wuauserv" (without quotation marks of course), then check in Task manager if it's disabled there. I hope this works for you.