Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• Me9alodon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you have overclocked your CPU, try reverting bios settings back to default and run battlefield 1 to see if framerate still drops. I found out that OC setting was causing the problem for me. After returning to default bios settings, battlefield no longer drop to 20-30 frames. I get steady 90-110 fps on low setting and the lowest framerate drop is 60fps. Which is still playable. I now overclocked my CPU back to 4.6ghz again but this time with different settings enabled and disabled in bios.

Bios setting:
    Only increase mulitiplier to 23
    Enabled cool n quiet and c1e
    Disabled c6

PC:
    Windows 10 x64 Anniversary
    AMD FX-8320
    GTX 970

Hope this helps.
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. Changing to low or ultra has no impact in the stuttering. Fps keep flutuating between 40 - 60 fps (both singleplayer and multiplayer), causing scrren locks for less than 1 second. This is more noticeable in monte Grappa map. Other maps like Argonne i can maintain constant 60 fps.

FX 6300
    GTX 970
    16 GB RAM
    WINDOWS 7 SP1 -64 bit

What's weird is that i get fps drops only during multiplayer sessions, while single player runs smooth as butter...
  • MrScratch0603
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Having fps drops (framerate jumps in range 40-60) too on any settings.
    GTX 780, i5 3570k, 16Gb RAM. Beta was giving me solid 60 fps on ultra, so I hope this issue is fixable :)
    Waiting for a patch.
  • espCCCP
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    got the same problem....

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/XtJR4C
  • H8_Arth
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    ppl are saying that GameDVR takes away fps and generates fps drops.

guy explaining it/talking about it:

guide that i used to turn it off:

so yea, i turned it off and i do see improvement.
  • CrypMatix
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    yeah i got the same problem
    i have the fx8350 @4.3GHZ
    16GB RAM
    Asus m5a97r2.0
    gigagyte g1 gtx 1060
    does not matter if i play on ultra or medium i still the around 40-60 fps
  • ummahusla
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i7, 8gb ram, 960

sometimes have similar issues.
  • HAWK_Rylin
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem here, tried all the solutions (unparking cores, disabling DX12 render, setting Flip Queue Size to 1, setting the process priority to high), the issue remains..

i7-3770k @ 3.4 GHz
    R9 290
    8gb ram
  • Draftus95
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anybody have a sloution on my problem?
  • MrScratch0603
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looks like running the game in borderless window improves performance a bit.
    Maybe it's just my luck, but definitely worth trying. :)
  • Camsuser
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ziXs wrote: »
    Guys, here`s a little fix that might improve your FPS .

1. Set gametime.maxvariablefps to your monitor refresh rate.

2. Change in game the RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit to test which setting works best for you.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1 - significantly lowers and limits the GPU usage to 70 %(can not reach higher) . CPU usage lowers abit down to 70 %. A lot of sluttering and FPS limited to 50.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 - (default value) - 99 % GPU Usage | 95-100 % CPU Usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3 - 99 % GPU Usage | 70-85 % CPU usage.

For my config RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 gives the best combo. Hyperthreading is enabled.

3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

gametime.maxvariablefps 60 (your monitor refresh rate)
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

Works great for me! Thx
  • SilverKidPoweh
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is monitor refresh raate?
  • TURKISHKILLERS
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New nvidia drivers that is released today fixed my fps drops with gtx 1070 and i5 6600 :) try and see :) awesome :)
  • TURKISHKILLERS
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    New drivers of nvida (375.63 - WHQL) that was released today fixed FPS DROPS :)

New nvidia drivers that is released today fixed my fps drops with gtx 1070 and i5 6600 :) try and see :) awesome :)

I was 100 fps but dips to 40s..

NOW

always 80-120 fps :D never dips below 80s :)
  • SilverKidPoweh
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    New drivers of nvida (375.63 - WHQL) that was released today fixed FPS DROPS :)

I was 100 fps but dips to 40s..

NOW

always 80-120 fps :D never dips below 80s :)

You dont use geforce expiriance?
  • henowns123
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Does anyone know if there's going to be a patch to fix this soon?
  • kosma1998
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same has happened to me. Got a i5 6500 with a gtx 980. It is very strange, the god drops seem to come and go, and that completely ruins the experience for me. At least I know that I'm not alone in this :)
  • Lazy1nc
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

2. Change in game the RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit to test which setting works best for you.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1 - significantly lowers and limits the GPU usage to 70 %(can not reach higher) . CPU usage lowers abit down to 70 %. A lot of sluttering and FPS limited to 50.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 - (default value) - 99 % GPU Usage | 95-100 % CPU Usage.

For my config RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2 gives the best combo. Hyperthreading is enabled.

3. Create user.cfg file in your Battlefield 1 Main folder. Paste the following lines in this file.

I can attest to this fix peeps, it works extremely well. Granted, I didn't need to set a variable FPS as I have G-Sync enabled, but I use Option 2 as my Pre-rendered Frame cap.
  • KR0SSED0UT
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Capping the framerate through MSI Afterburner/RivaTuner wasn't reducing CPU load -- this method cut it roughly in half, effectively removing the CPU bottleneck. I now have ~27% CPU usage on the opening screen, whereas before I had 50% or more. 64p conquest matches no longer hit my CPU as hard. Everyone should try this.

RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 worked best for me. Don't try RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 1, it does not work well (I tried it out of sheer curiosity, it didn't limit me to 50fps but it cut down my performance so bad, it was like running at 1440p DSR vs 1080p.)

Will try RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 3 and see how it works.