Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• espnty
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea I think it is a Memory Leak issue? Im on a FX-9590 and GTX 980 and Ever since first Patch and NVIDA Driver UPDATE it runs worse the BETA was fine for me. They need to fix it
  • IRAAFIMaverick
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same problem as well!

I would be playing BF1 normally and I would keep on freezing and lagging. In the Open Beta I had no problems but in the full game its a whole new story. :/ The most annoying and frustrating thing that I'm experiencing is the constant crashing which is mainly the Directx12 problem. I've tried everything to try and make my game run smooth again and not crash. To be honest the full game is way more bugger filled with glitches and way more lag. All these issues is really destroying my love for Battlefield 1 :/

Please Dice, Fix these issues its destroying the game. :'(
  • Gomezito
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to share my experience with you guys.

I really think the game has a bug that is causing this high cpu usage for many reasons. So, in the last days I have spent my time trying to find a solution for the high cpu usage, tried every suggestion, every setting, everything.

I only get 100% usage when I'm playing on 64 player server, on <40 player server my fps are stable and cpu usage is 70~80. Today I tested a 64 player server and I was getting too much cpu usage and performance problems so I closed the game, but before that, when I exited to the menu, even at the menu the game was using around 60~70% of the cpu.
    Some minutes later I opened it again and I joined a server with 42 players. The game was very very stable and the cpu usage at 75 average. Then the server changed the map and more people start joining it and It reached 64 players, and again, everything was super smooth and cpu usage wasn't reaching 90%. I went to the menu and my cpu usage was <30%.

This makes me think that there is something causing this, something that we can't control or fix with configs or other changes.

Note: I didn't had anything running on the background. The cpu usage was only for the game, no other softwares were running. Clean system install with latest drivers and all the w10 updates already installed.
  • Nimphas
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Game is using way too much CPU and not enough GPU. My CPU usage is on 80-90 % sometimes 95%, and GPU is only on 70-80%, this should be at 99% all the time, and CPU max 60-70%. I hope this new patch will fix this problem.
  • Aazo5
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nimphas wrote: »
    The Game is using way too much CPU and not enough GPU. My CPU usage is on 80-90 % sometimes 95%, and GPU is only on 70-80%, this should be at 99% all the time, and CPU max 60-70%. I hope this new patch will fix this problem.

When is the new patch coming?
  • Buticall
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here
    i7 6700k
    I don't max out cpu usage but i get the stutter. Only restart takes it away for a game or two then it happens again.
  • Nimphas
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Aazo5 wrote: »
    Nimphas wrote: »

When is the new patch coming?

Today.
  • WalMartSkills
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry but its really not that big a deal if maybe once a game your system drops to 30 fps, some people play on that fps the entire time they play, so stop b*tching about it....

The game just released give it an update or two before you cry murder on the forums cuz your immersion is destroyed by a 2 second hiccup on a 4 day old game...
    Literally some people > Oh my gaaaasssshhh, this totally ruins my immersion boner...I WANT IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE 1000FPS NEVER 999FPS TOTAL ANNIHILATION...!!!! SCORCHED EARTH PC SPEC YOLO #Hashtag Immersion Ruined #Battlefield1IsTheWorstGameI'veEverPlayed.

I would HATE to be your parent...
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sorry but its really not that big a deal if maybe once a game your system drops to 30 fps, some people play on that fps the entire time they play, so stop b*tching about it....

The game just released give it an update or two before you cry murder on the forums cuz your immersion is destroyed by a 2 second hiccup on a 4 day old game...
    Literally some people > Oh my gaaaasssshhh, this totally ruins my immersion boner...I WANT IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE 1000FPS NEVER 999FPS TOTAL ANNIHILATION...!!!! SCORCHED EARTH PC SPEC YOLO #Hashtag Immersion Ruined #Battlefield1IsTheWorstGameI'veEverPlayed.

I would HATE to be your parent...

Since we're not talking about a little and imperceptible frame rate drop but about a quite big one ( at least 20 fps dropping ), it's pretty legit for people to complain about the game.
    I mean, if I pay more than a certain amount of money for a good gaming pc, I expect games to run properly and adequately, no matter if it's the day one edition.
    I'm extremely sick of developers not giving a damn about pc gamers, who, most of the times, have to wait for patches since games are released full of these kind of issues and bugs.
    And with all due respect, I don't care if there's people who can't get more than 30 fps: If I pay X money, I expect X performance.
  • Chingyching732
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    i5 6500
    Rx 480 4gb vram factory OC
    8GB Ram
    SSD

Have to play on low/medium settings even with FPS locked at 60. Get studders sometimes that drop me down to 30ish and max out at 50ish. I was thinking it was the RAM, but with Razer Cortex I never go above 6.5GB total.
  • Magicmuffin14
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I ran the game smooth in beta on ultra without problems
    after full release i began getting stuttering and fps drops these are the things that gave me slight performance boost.

i7 6700 Skylake
    16GB DDR4
    Nvidia GTX 960
    Game installed on SSD
    And tempetures are low
    CPU at 70% on full server

Things i have tried so far that gave me slight performance boost maybe it can help others.
    1. costum cfg file with locked fps
    2. unparked my cores
    3. disable shadowplay and Disable DVR xbox recorder through registry editor
    4. set power plan to high performance
    5. Set Graphic card to prefare high power and prerendered frames to 1 in the nvidia controllpanel
    After this my game went from unplayable to over 60 fps with slight drops in big explotions.
    i hope the patch this soon and hopefully this fixes it for someone :)
  • Dunhyll
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here

AMD FX8320
    GTX950 2GB SC
  • Brutus977
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have a theory that these games are created in order to sell top of the line hardware. I have a gtx 970 ssc which runs BF4 on ultra at a constant 60 fps. Yet when I play 64 man operations there are some areas of the maps where my framerate dip into the 20's making the game almost unplayable. I know my card isn't top o' the line but this is just ridiculous.
  • Sou1Tak3r
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So i had the same problem as many others where cpu was running at 100% and gpu at about 50-60%. I have a i5 4670 and gtx 1070 and 8gb ram and my frames where low in some parts of the game. What i did in BIOS was to set XMP memory profile to "Profile 1" and set system performance to "Asus performance" which overclocks my cpu beyond stock speeds. I now get much better frames. My cpu is still at 100% but gpu is increased to about 80%. Hope that helps for someone.
  • Caprica90
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here.
    Windows 10 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7 4720HQ
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 2GB/4GB DDR3
    RAM 8GB

I got the game yesterday. I wasn't able to finish even one round. The first two deploys were 40-50 fps (on low, medium, high) then dropped to 20-25 fps and stayed there.
    Today the game was updated. Now it also runs on 40-45 fps for a longer period and sudden fps drops to 20-25 happen but it recovers. At these drops the game glitches and makes me unable to react in time.
    Sou1Tak3r wrote: »
    What i did in BIOS was to set XMP memory profile to "Profile 1" and set system performance to "Asus performance" which overclocks my cpu beyond stock speeds.
    Doesn't this do any harm to the computer in the longrun? I ask because I am not that familiar with these things. I may try this.

• JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i am having the same problem

i5 4690k 4ghz
    8gb Ram
    R9 390x
    latest AMD drivers.

i didnt not have any issues with the beta
  • BudduhSwagg
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People can brag about their rigs all they want. The truth of the story is BF1 stutters for everybody right now, something happened with the game from the time of the beta (buttery smooth preformance) and the release (buttery smooth for 15 mins and 3-4 seconds of 35-45 FPS from a solid resting 60).
    Not the biggest of deals, but it is not necessarily the hardware for sure, most definitely the game.
  • Sladefear
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Win 10
    I5-6500
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    8G DDR4
    Res 1080p

Same problem here. Amiens for me is unplayable, a lot of freezing and fps drops. The other maps are fine, but I still have some freezing issues for 2 or 3 seconds randomly. 100% CPU usage. I changed the system priority to 'low' and things got better, but I am not happy yet.
  • DISCO_AND_KEK
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The update did not stop the stuttering for me. im disappointed
  • Des3rtPenguin
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    That orange media slide shows up constantly in the game. I can't visually see the drop, but it is indicating it is there. (My eyes suck, so it is likely telling the truth)
    Anyway, my PC has 6700K @ 4Ghz, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3200, GTX 980, and the game is running from an NVME M.2 PCIe 4x slot ... ya fast as hell drive.
    I get drops when running Medium pre-set. Granted I have a 3440x1440, but the game doesn't look THAT good... Washed out colors and overlapping textures, etc. Images are nice, but they get stale fast.
    Def coding issues, and lack of optimization for sure. Who cares though, right? They have an ongoing marketing campaign and all that matter are sales, not happy customers.