Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• xenome111
    3064 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Off2War wrote: »
    I randomly experience both gpu and cpu spikes at the same time on the in game performance graph which results in a stutter/micro freeze. Although when this happens my fps do not drop and no bottleneck is present anywhere (i use msi afterburner to monitor) have most windows services disabled and barely anything running in the background. Game run smooth as anything otherwise. DX11

7700k @ 4.7
    gtx 1070
    16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz
    850 evo ssd

Post a pic of gpu and cpu graphs in game.
    For this go to console and type perfoverlay drawgraph 1.
  • Off2War
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    xenome111 wrote: »
    I randomly experience both gpu and cpu spikes at the same time on the in game performance graph which results in a stutter/micro freeze. Although when this happens my fps do not drop and no bottleneck is present anywhere (i use msi afterburner to monitor) have most windows services disabled and barely anything running in the background. Game run smooth as anything otherwise. DX11

7700k @ 4.7
    gtx 1070
    16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz
    850 evo ssd

its basically a tight smooth line and randomly both cpu and gpu will spike up, but as i said my fps don't drop when this happens, and cpu usage stays under 80% and gpu pegged at 99%....
  • xenome111

7700k @ 4.7
    gtx 1070
    16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz
    850 evo ssd

its basically a tight smooth line and randomly both cpu and gpu will spike up, but as i said my fps don't drop when this happens, and cpu usage stays under 80% and gpu pegged at 99%....

Well then gpu is the bottleneck huh.
    Which res u run the game and do u have vsync on or what is value on ur frame limits is it 200 try to get it closer to ur current fps check if that works.
  • Off2War
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

7700k @ 4.7
    gtx 1070
    16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz
    850 evo ssd

Which res u run the game and do u have vsync on or what is value on ur frame limits is it 200 try to get it closer to ur current fps check if that works.

I Run the game at 1440p with everything on ultra except post processing which i have on medium. V sync is disabled. Have tried multiple frame caps which result in lower gpu and cpu usage but it will still spike occasionally for a split second. Its as if the game is loading something. Its just confusing because why does it show a noticeable spike on the in game graph, but nothing stands out on MSI when this happens.
  • wight25
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wight25 wrote: »
    Hey all,

decided to post here as it seems like an active thread.

seems im getting occasional stutter on St. Quentin Scar, only lasts for a second and that annoying FPS logo comes up at the top right of the screen. not really a problem. games runs supper smooth pretty much all that time apart from the above occasionally.

My system spec is:

Intel I7 6700k (stock)
    Gainward GTX 1070 (stock) Running driver 378.78 (any other driver suggestion welcome)
    16GB ram @ 3200 Mhz.

Ran firestrike bench mark, everything seems to be running by the book.
    cant see any bottle necks at all. when the stutter happens nothing is bottlenecking, infact theres loads of head room left. this tell me it could be a game engine issue or a driver issue?

Edit: seems im getting it on some other maps too, looking at youtube seems it happens. anyone got any advice?

my random stutter has come back, ive decided since its so minor im just going to leave it. i can play a number of rounds before it even happens, and when it does its lasts for a fraction of a second with that stupid FPS icon lol. its just not worth chasing any more. :)
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The icons are generally not very helpful, the server issue one is but the rest are pretty much pointless.
  • CyrezEraser
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Check and see if the xbox app on windows 10 has game DVR turned on, i turned that off and the stuttering went way down
  • wight25
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i decided to use the performance graph in the console. seems like when i do get a stutter both CPU and GPU spike up. could this just be an optimisation issue? would increasing the page file be worth a try?
  • wight25
    i decided to use the performance graph in the console. seems like when i do get a stutter both CPU and GPU spike up. could this just be an optimisation issue? would increasing the page file be worth a try?

ive tried the page file setting in windows 10 "fix". so far no random fps drop.
  • wight25

well its come back. no idea what i can do to fix the fps drop. just going to leave it.
  • wight25
    edited June 2017

well its come back. no idea what i can do to fix the fps drop. just going to leave it.

ive just had a thought? would V sync cause this? my monitor only supports 60hz
  • krikoea
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't use vsyc, just FPS in-game cap and I experience same random spikes on a 144hz refresh rate.
  • B3N4R3S
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I run BF1 at 1920x1080 dx12 all setting at ulltra (post process medium) avg fps 80/100 like butter.
    Here my specs and setting

CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
    GPU: undervolted RX 480 8GB @ stock clock (driver 17.6.1)
    RAM: 16GB @ 2133MHz
    Monitor: [email protected] Freesync

in Regedit find: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    Create a new DWORD and name it to “SystemResponsiveness” set its hexadecimal value to 00000000

in Regedit Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games
    Change the following registry values:
    “GPU Priority” change its value to 8
    “Priority” set to 6
    "Scheduling Category" set to "High"

download "Easy Service Optimizer" (http://www.sordum.org/8637/easy-service-optimizer-v1-2/) and set it to extreme

disable Windows Search (optional)

disable Windows Update (optional - i enable it once at week for updates)

set Power Options to High Performance

disable Mouse Acceleration

unpark core (http://coderbag.com/Programming-C/CPU-core-parking-manager-v3)

disable Hibernate (run CMD as Admin and type "powercfg -h off")

disable Pagefile (if u have 16GB+ RAM)

disable Xbox DVR and Game Mode

user.cfg
    Thread.ProcessorCount 8 (set your thread number)
    Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 (set your thread number)
    Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
    Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
    GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 (set your thread number)
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0

• xenome111

7700k @ 4.7
    gtx 1070
    16gb ddr4 @ 3200mhz
    850 evo ssd

I Run the game at 1440p with everything on ultra except post processing which i have on medium. V sync is disabled. Have tried multiple frame caps which result in lower gpu and cpu usage but it will still spike occasionally for a split second. Its as if the game is loading something. Its just confusing because why does it show a noticeable spike on the in game graph, but nothing stands out on MSI when this happens.

U can try setting up page file manually maybe that will help.
  • nESUL
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    I had some framdrops too, especially in 64 Player battles. So I looked in my Taskmanager and killed the Task of "audiodg.exe" this application sometimes bug and has about 07-21% CPU usage.
    As I found out it sometimes bugs (everytime I restart my computer) and causes Framedrops. While BF1 take about 91% CPU usage the CPU is about its limit and can't run both applications without FPS drops in BF1.
    After killing the task "audiodg.exe" it restarts and stay at 1-3% CPU usage.
  • xenome111
    edited June 2017
    nESUL wrote: »
    I had some framdrops too, especially in 64 Player battles. So I looked in my Taskmanager and killed the Task of "audiodg.exe" cause it bugged and had a 12-21% Usage. As I found out it sometimes bugs.

That's ur audio driver update it then see if it fixes it.
    Or.
    Try this...
    https://support.lenovo.com/in/en/solutions/ht069905
  • Rusher-PT
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    and dice tells nothing about this...

Are they looking for the problem!?

• Rainerdaniel
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone tested the new nvidia driver 384.76?
  • Rusher-PT
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    not yet!

I will try it, but I don't think it's a GPU problem.

• A7MaD51287
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone tested the new nvidia driver 384.76?

ya tested it and ya still fps drops .dx12 now better . but best driver untill now 378.78 but still have drops too i dont know wht is going on i didnt have this crap before last 2 patches .actually dice ruining the game more . now weapon balance .bad server performance and fps drops well done dice