Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• Ka1yna
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I_AGENT_47 wrote: »
    If your graphic card supports DX12, it is highly recommended to turn on it.
    no dx12 must be off

You are both right! Simply, because it depends on a particular hardware configuration. Moreover, the optimal settings can change from patch to patch. For example, until the September patch I had DX12 on, because without it I had 100% CPU usage and bad frame drops. After the September patch, I disabled DX12 and use a custom user.cfg with "gametime.maxvariablefps 60" and "renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 3", because otherwise... guess what...
  • bass-junkie-xl
    512 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Ka1yna wrote: »
    I_AGENT_47 wrote: »
    If your graphic card supports DX12, it is highly recommended to turn on it.
    no dx12 must be off

You are both right! Simply, because it depends on a particular hardware configuration. Moreover, the optimal settings can change from patch to patch. For example, until the September patch I had DX12 on, because without it I had 100% CPU usage and bad frame drops. After the September patch, I disabled DX12 and use a custom user.cfg with "gametime.maxvariablefps 60" and "renderdevice.renderaheadlimit 3", because otherwise... guess what...

What
  • BillyBoomhauser
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After almost putting money down on making a brand new PC, due to rubbish performance in EVERY game I play, I decided to switch back to Windows 8.1. I'm having no issues whatsoever with stuttering and FPS drops anymore.

Windows 10 is a complete mess and I won't be going back to it anytime soon.
  • PukvosCZ
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hello there, i got same problem as is name of topic. And it getting worse and worse. At base game i getted 80 to 100fps, but every dlc added, it falled down 10 fps and as bonus more and more frame drops. Now its jumping aroung 65-80 but getting frame drops to 40.. Recently get second card, then realised they dont support CF.......
    So there is my rig:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    Mem: 16Gb
    Gpu: 2xHD7950(CF disabled)
    Win7 64b BF1 and system on separate SSD

• Furious_Fista
    184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All FPS drops are now solved by adding +8GB RAM set in Dual Channel. The gameplay is totally smooth on DX11 and i will try DX12 as well.
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    PukvosCZ wrote: »
    Hello there, i got same problem as is name of topic. And it getting worse and worse. At base game i getted 80 to 100fps, but every dlc added, it falled down 10 fps and as bonus more and more frame drops. Now its jumping aroung 65-80 but getting frame drops to 40.. Recently get second card, then realised they dont support CF.......
    So there is my rig:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    Mem: 16Gb
    Gpu: 2xHD7950(CF disabled)
    Win7 64b BF1 and system on separate SSD

My guess is you need a better Gpu and possibly to overclock your 1600. Check cpu usage in game to confirm, if it as at 100% while cpu is much lower then you know.
  • jahcken01
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2017
    Turn off V-Sync and play on directX 11. When I changed it, I've managed from 40fps to 115fps on my gtx 1070. My procesor is i5 [email protected]
    Every settings are on ultra at 1080p.
    With V-sync enabled and directx 12 I've constantly had 35-45 fps, even on medium details...
    Post edited by jahcken01 on
  • welllpapp
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I recently installed BF 1 again after not playing for a year, and I remember having frame drops issues the last time. And yes, it's still a problem for me. I jump from 80 to 40 fps all the time, creating a lot of stuttering. Extremely frustrating, especially since I bought premium cheap. I've tested turning off v-sync, lowering to low, turn on and off dx 11/12.. no change.

970 OC
    16 GB
    Samsung 850 EVO SSD
    i5 4670k
  • IceBreak23
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    some people say dx11, some say dx12, you need to test for yourself because my Dx12 works way better than dx11, the only problem is the next map part, i can play one map normally but after the round end and change to the next map, CPU goes full 90%, it's weird, i can play battlefront 1 and 2 (on beta) with no problem and my processor is I3-2120.
  • FookDat
    629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i7 6700 and my frames have started to drop randomly for no reason then bounce back.
    DX11
    1920x1080
  • EzekiII
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ok I have some great news for those of us who are on Wndows 10 1709. After much pain I have found 3 main causes for this and resolved my issues - ill post back later if I find any trouble but its literally taken a month of hard work to figure this out.

1. Disable Game DVR - you probably heard this before and I thought I did this right too. Well turns out it turns itself back on after a restart even if it shows you its not in windows settings - and I cannot do this in the xbox settings anymore in this build. Here is the link to disable it - right at the bottom use the registry fix.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600

2. Game Mode - same as above, use the registry fix (you can use the UI mode IN GAME but then you have to do this for each game, easier to switch it off for all)

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75936-turn-off-game-mode-windows-10-a.html

3. Disable DiagTrack - I still had a few pauses every minute or so for a second (but game play was super smooth), until I turned this off which I found in another forum. Now im firing on all pistons. You can disable the service or turn off "Connected User Experiences and Telementry" within Msconfig / Services. This is a reporting service for diagnostics back to Microsoft. I found this really made a big difference.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588339/just-found-diagtrack-running-in-services/

I hope this helps some of you, this took me quite a long time to work out, 2 formats, an insider upgrade, a broken build, almost completely lost my recovery partition, every combination of settings I could think of within battlefield and windows... but we made it. Phew

I will enable these back on for the next big windows update just in case it causes a conflict - but they are pretty easy steps to follow and I hope makes a difference for you too.

The direct registry changes FYI if you wish to revert:

---
    Diagtrack Windows Stutter for BF1

[Disable] +Recommend
    Msconfig.exe
    Services
    Connected User Experiences and Telementry

---
    Game Mode

[Disable] +Recommend
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar]
    "AllowAutoGameMode"=dword:00000000
    "AutoGameModeEnabled"=dword:00000000

[re-Enable]
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\GameBar]
    "AllowAutoGameMode"=dword:00000001
    "AutoGameModeEnabled"=dword:00000001

---
    Game DVR in Registry

[Disable] +Recommend
    Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)
    Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore
    Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0
    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\
    Create key "GameDVR".
    Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0
    Restart your computer.

[re-Enable]
    Reverse Above
  • Crylh0und
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its funny how I ran the game in january fine with my old system (4790k, DDR3 1600) and now with the new system (2700x, DDR4 3200) I have a LOT of trouble. FPS dropping from 110ish all the way down to 14. Freakin 14 FPS! Also I have a LOT of stuttering, even when the fps are fine. Switching between different presets doesnt help.