Comments

• CHaMoTa
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    GA-990FX-Gaming
    AMD FX9590
    G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 16GB 4x4GB CL7
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    ACER PREDATOR z35 (WITH GSYNC ON RUNNING 2K AT 144Hz)
    ALL ULTRA, NO VRAM LIMIT, 125% SCALE, DX11

Game runs smooth 100+ FPS for the first dunno, 5 to 10 mins, then suddenly drops to 20-30 fps for like 2 secs randomly and always with the 100% CPU usage spikes. Doesnt matter if Im in the middle of a fight or just jumping alone at base respawn. Also after a few games the game closes itself with the "BF1 has stopped working" for no reason and even sometimes make my computer reboot. Tryed everything from the prerendered pixel 1-3 at NVIDIA control panel, the fps cap on the user.cfg to even 60! 60 FPS with my rig rlly DICE?, memory flush, updating drivers, downgrading drivers, fresh install, repair tool on BF1, reinstall of BF1 after patch, when I say everything, is EVERYTHING. Nothing seems to work for me. I didnt tested this game on beta so sadly cant report how my performance was but I've been struggling with this probs from early acces day one and cant see the light at the end of the tunnel of frustation that I am right now.

ITS NOT a SMALL FPS DROP, its a HUGE one, not like we're **** for 10fps drops, its 110~120 to 20 for 2 secs, over and over and over again till it crashes. We cant even handle the game with very good rigs and completely destroys the gameplay, the inmersion and so on.

And BTW, we've paid for a final smooth product, not this piece of garbage with constant patches that solve nothing, so YES, we have the right to protest about it and hopefully be heared.

• Mamosha2013
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Maybe we need to start write the petition ? ), after this patch my CPU usage every minutes have 100% hitting and i have drops fps for 30. I have i56600k and 970 GTX. DICE FIX IT TODAY!
  • Apoptosis
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey guys! I just published a performance article on BF1 that I've been working on since before the game came out. It has a dozen video cards benchmarked in it at three resolutions. I've experienced the FPS Drops that you've all been commenting on. It's worse on AMD hardware and still present on NVIDIA hardware as well.

You can see my frametime results here:

frametime.jpg

AMD Radeon graphics cards experience huge performs drops and it spans multiple generations of cards as I even tested on an AMD Radeon 7870 GHz Edition 2GB graphics card from 2012 with Crimson 16.10.2 drivers and the issue is still present. 140ms translates into 7 FPS, so this is the stutter or drop many AMD users are seeing. NVIDIA graphics cards aren't immune to this as even the GeForce GTX 1080 is dropping at times down to around 20 FPS for no apparent reason.

The good news is I've been working with EA/DICE and AMD since last week on this issue and they are aware of it. AMD told me on Saturday (10/22/2016) that they were going to open a ticket on this as my testing results are very similar to what they are seeing internally. First thoughts from everyone is how DX12 is handling the graphics cards memory. Are you guys seeing this is DX 11? I haven't had time to re-do everything in DX11, but that might lessen the issue as from what I have been told the driver has full control of the memory in DX11.

I saw someone in here post up that the new GeForce GTX 375.63 drivers that came out yesterday fixed the issue, but that isn’t true as there were no BF1 tweaks to be had in that driver. The only change in GeForce 375.63 drivers was a fix for some Windows 10 UI issues that were impacting the start menu and titles. It did nothing to smooth out performance when I re-tested.

Hope this helps everyone.
    Post edited by Apoptosis on
  • AbortionClinic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Using a 4790 (Non k version) and a 970 graphics card i randomly get fps drops to 5-10 fps for 15 seconds or so and then it returns to 90-100 fps
    I play on most settings low except for a couple of mediums
  • Bettolozzo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    So the patch solved nothing? Good job DICE, good job...
  • bulletsearl
    1110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    What Dice could do is say: Hey folks there is a problem and we work on that. Like, officially.
  • Padooka
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Thanks for your time and your work.

Have you had a chance to test the 375.63 drivers?

Have you spoken to nvidia also?
  • Nebulus_Gaming
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There's one thing iv noticed that no one is mentioning Res settings (speaking from an nvida user) make sure HDR is turned off an that you are set to a setting that suites your system. Some times in using Geforce it sets res to 4k...also dx12 keep off till patch. Iv seen alot of people moan because there game is bad but the setting they use ain't good for the parts they use check outside the game in graphic settings..there are other reasons but it's down to being able to understand the deep ins an outs of tech n software which I dnt
  • Apoptosis
    edited October 2016
    Padooka wrote: »
    Thanks for your time and your work.

Have you had a chance to test the 375.63 drivers?

Have you spoken to nvidia also?

yes I have been talking with them as well and they were shown my numbers before they were published over the weekend. I had a typo in my post and I was talking about the 375.63 drivers. (edited to correct the driver version).

• Nebulus_Gaming
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Basicly don't use setting an Res your parts can't cope with an alot of thos seam to happen
  • Shadowdancer_III
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem here, 8350 @ 4.4Ghz, Ram 2133Mhz, Radeon Fury X and the CPU usage in DX12 mode is 80-100%
    In DX11 mode it's 20-30% but it'll studder occasionally.

It's supposed to be the other way around, DX12 should give lower latencies..

Has there been any official word on Vulcan/Mantle support coming?

I can run Battlefront on Ultra with FPS in the 100+ range. And it has the same level of graphics, or at times even better.
    So clearly something is wrong with the program, not our systems.
  • Gomezito
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apoptosis wrote: »
    Hey guys! I just published a performance article on BF1 that I've been working on since before the game came out. It has a dozen video cards benchmarked in it at three resolutions. I've experienced the FPS Drops that you've all been commenting on. It's worse on AMD hardware and still present on NVIDIA hardware as well.

You can see my frametime results here:

frametime.jpg

AMD Radeon graphics cards experience huge performs drops and it spans multiple generations of cards as I even tested on an AMD Radeon 7870 GHz Edition 2GB graphics card from 2012 with Crimson 16.10.2 drivers and the issue is still present. 140ms translates into 7 FPS, so this is the stutter or drop many AMD users are seeing. NVIDIA graphics cards aren't immune to this as even the GeForce GTX 1080 is dropping at times down to around 20 FPS for no apparent reason.

The good news is I've been working with EA/DICE and AMD since last week on this issue and they are aware of it. AMD told me on Saturday (10/22/2016) that they were going to open a ticket on this as my testing results are very similar to what they are seeing internally. First thoughts from everyone is how DX12 is handling the graphics cards memory. Are you guys seeing this is DX 11? I haven't had time to re-do everything in DX11, but that might lessen the issue as from what I have been told the driver has full control of the memory in DX11.

I saw someone in here post up that the new GeForce GTX 375.63 drivers that came out yesterday fixed the issue, but that isn’t true as there were no BF1 tweaks to be had in that driver. The only change in GeForce 375.63 drivers was a fix for some Windows 10 UI issues that were impacting the start menu and titles. It did nothing to smooth out performance when I re-tested.

Hope this helps everyone.

The fps drops also happen on DX11 but it's more stable than DX12.

The problem in DX11 is the CPU usage that is too high on 64 player server, making the GPU usage go to 30/40% and dropping the FPS like hell, but on less populated servers (40 players for example) it runs fine in DX11. In DX12 the game is always with stuttering even with 24 players.
  • jimm0o
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    i fixed my big stuttering.(enabled HT on i7 and unparked cpu on win 10) but still fps drop and after some round start micro stuttering when i move the mouse. And still heavy load on cpu 70/95% and only 60/70% gpu. Every other game i have 99/100% gpu use.
    :s

1080gtx
  • qassamzed
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I ran the game smooth in beta on ultra without problems
    after full release i began getting stuttering and fps drops these are the things that gave me slight performance boost.

i7 6700 Skylake
    16GB DDR4
    Nvidia GTX 960
    Game installed on SSD
    And tempetures are low
    CPU at 70% on full server

Things i have tried so far that gave me slight performance boost maybe it can help others.
    1. costum cfg file with locked fps
    2. unparked my cores
    3. disable shadowplay and Disable DVR xbox recorder through registry editor
    4. set power plan to high performance
    5. Set Graphic card to prefare high power and prerendered frames to 1 in the nvidia controllpanel
    After this my game went from unplayable to over 60 fps with slight drops in big explotions.
    i hope the patch this soon and hopefully this fixes it for someone :)

^ yep i did same solution as yours + turn vsync on, it works well as band aid solution. it make the game smoother and all map playable although you will still get dropped to 30 frequently when so many stuff happen in screen.

4670k + gtx 970
  • Syxius90
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    Nvidia GeForce Titan X 12GB (Pascal)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790k CPU @ 4.8GHz
    16384MB RAM
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Getting frame drops too, I made a thread almost a week ago about it. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/39370/40-60-fps-with-titan-x-pascal/

Tried pretty much every solution that's out there.
  • ItsDrayne
    Syxius90 wrote: »
    Nvidia GeForce Titan X 12GB (Pascal)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790k CPU @ 4.8GHz
    16384MB RAM
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Getting frame drops too, I made a thread almost a week ago about it. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/39370/40-60-fps-with-titan-x-pascal/

Tried pretty much every solution that's out there.

you know the game has a problem when Titan users experience frames drops
  • Highlancer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same problem with 970GTX + i5 2500k.

LOW or ULTRA settings make no difference... Framerate is very moody and can go as low as in the 20s, then back up to 60-100. I suspect "framerate" is a woman.
  • D3Zi-GaYSeNBerG
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FPS Drops specially in pigeon and rush mode which is ridiculous
    GTX 970
    Core i7
    BTW beta was much better in terms of fps
  • qassamzed
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Highlancer wrote: »
    Same problem with 970GTX + i5 2500k.

LOW or ULTRA settings make no difference... Framerate is very moody and can go as low as in the 20s, then back up to 60-100. I suspect "framerate" is a woman.

try capping your fps to 60, probably can work as temp solution while waiting to get fixed. it still give you drop fps but atleast will run smoother specialy on unplayable large map like amien etc
  • bennybowz
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have a i5 6600k, gtx 1060 6gb and 16gb ram and for the 10 hour trial I could play fine and on Tuesday no problems but since Wednesday I can't get over 25 fps and after installing the new patch today I can say it's still the same no help whatsoever.