Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The framerate drops on maps like St Quentin Scar are irritating as hell. At certain points in the map, GPU usage just absolutely tanks (to the 60s) which results in framedrops....
  • Syxius90
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M3teora wrote: »
    The framerate drops on maps like St Quentin Scar are irritating as hell. At certain points in the map, GPU usage just absolutely tanks (to the 60s) which results in framedrops....

Same, I've seen my GPU drop to 25% usage on Saint Quentin's Scar.
  • guftabi96
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem here.
    i5 3570, gtx 970, 10gb ram (8+2).
    Beta was running fine, but the final game is terrible, even on Sinai Desert.
    Fps drops, low fps, stutters...
    I should wait, and not buy this game. :(
  • Garchei
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem here, im frustrated at this point. Cant playthe game, freezes for seconds every time!!
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    I just did a fresh win 10 install and it cured it for me.

i7 6800k, gtx1080, 16gb ram.
  • BeToKsPrO
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    70+- fps difference between the beta and the release, WTF, 50 fps in some parts.
    i7 4790k, MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X, 16GB RAM 1600mhz.
  • txarraka
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Like me. In some maps i have fps drop from 170 to 30 :/
    the problem is that i have a i5 6600k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM.
    My god, I could have 150 fps stable, at least 60... but drop to 30?!?!?! this game is a joke.
  • Sjukkie
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    I just did a fresh win 10 install and it cured it for me.

i7 6800k, gtx1080, 16gb ram.

Good 4 you! It didn't resolve my fps drops :(

I7 4770k
    GTX 1070
    16 Gb Ram
  • Dreamscythe
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    This really helped out for my system, except I did change the values only with ingame commands instead of forcing it through the Nvidia program.

I made a user.cfg with the following settings:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
    PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

My CPU is now around 70% under load instead of constant 100% and my GPU is between 75% - 90%.

My specs:

Intel I7-2600K - OC @ 4.5 GHz
    16 GB DDR3 - 1600 MHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW
    Samsung SSD 840 PRO

DrawFps is still bugged for me. I also get a lot of screen tearing after changing these settings, but I can live with the slight input lag v-sync gives me over the decrease in performance.

Thanks for sharing this workaround!
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    4790 k Oc 4.5 1.25 v
    SSD
    32g of Ram
    SLI gtx msi 980s 1354

game runs like **** for me. Can't run OBS and this game together because the FPS drop wayyy too much almost to 40.
    get almost 100% cpu usage, while gpus barely hit over 60% use. Notice not much difference between high or ultra, resolution scale at 100% 1080p gaming.

It honestly made me not want to play this game at all anymore. Tired of seeing that bleeping low fps icon in the corner.
  • Gut_You_Up
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sekkuar666 wrote: »
    Same here. FX 8350 @ 4.4GHz and still getting 100% CPU usage during multiplayer.
    Very annoying, specially since FX 8350 is the "recommended" CPU.

I have an 8350 with a 980TI

No drops in the game. I have Vsync on and maintain 61 FPS at alllll times.

The only time the game lags is during the intro on Operations where the video rendering and talking is happening. In fact it freezes but it eventually loads.

100%cpu usage but butter smooth.

Regards
  • floccy
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    i5 6500
    gtx 1060 6gb
    16gb
    ssd
    win 7 64bit

I've seen a lot of youtube videos with the exact same specs as mine and get a constant of 75+ fps, even in Amiens. I seriously hope the next update fixes this. I really have/had high hopes for this game.
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Syxius90 wrote: »
    M3teora wrote: »

Same, I've seen my GPU drop to 25% usage on Saint Quentin's Scar.

What GPU do you have... Mine's a 980Ti and the low usage is similar to some maps in BF4 (Hainan Resort and Paracel)...
  • gReaper0351
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Everything is smooth for me...

Fairly fresh windows 10 install
    DX12
    FX-8350
    GTX970
    24GB Ram
    120gb 840 pro
  • UniformGreen
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    http://i.imgur.com/heLhBmC.png

Patch is coming guys!
  • D3AP1XEL
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DX12 or 11
    I5-2500
    gtx 970 g1

Around 40~50 fps but my friends have similar systems, one of them got gtx 970 msi, and got 60~70fps stable, thats frustrating.

Tried user.cfg
    Unpark CPU
    fresh windows 10 instalation

The funny thing is that if i OC my GPU to 1500hz or if I underclock to 1080hz still got the extactly same frame rate...
  • r_s_saini
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    can confirm issue

FX8350
    GTX 1070
  • pr0pheten
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yea quentins scar map is the worst with framedrops
  • AxeTwist55
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey yo guys.

My rig is : i5 4690k

16GB ram

and gtx 960 2 gb

Having the same issue but I was tweaking every possible option to make a stable fps and hadn't have luck with it.
    Tho I never tried to turn on v-sync and after I turned it on it seems to helped somewhat on the stutter. It might be stupid but the game got at least playable for me. Not perfect tho. I'm using medium settings and game looks fine for the moment till we get an update on this. It runs on stable 50-60 fps with v-sync on with very little stutter sometimes. I hope it may help some of you as well.
  • Nimphas
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    One tip. Turn OFF gpu memory restriction if you have a 4,6 or 8GB video card. Only leave it ON if you have a 2 or 3GB card. I was dumb enough to leave it ON with a 6gb card, i gained like 10-15 fps when i turned it OFF.