Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    http://i.imgur.com/heLhBmC.png

Patch is coming guys!

the representative said there might be a patch in the near future. that doesnt mean anything
  • Jaydog1007
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nimphas wrote: »
    One tip. Turn OFF gpu memory restriction if you have a 4,6 or 8GB video card. Only leave it ON if you have a 2 or 3GB card. I was dumb enough to leave it ON with a 6gb card, i gained like 10-15 fps when i turned it OFF.

Just for S&G I am going to test this out and see What happens. I have had it on the whole time with a 4gb card, so interested to see what happens......
  • Jaydog1007
    165 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm my case with my rig, turning OFF the GPU mem restriction actually slightly reduced fps by an average of 3fps......... What this means I haven't the slightest????? But I did test it like 10 times doing the same thing on the same map. Just pointing the gun at the ground and unloading a clip. Then esc, swap the setting and repeat. In an ea official multiplayer server with only me in it...... Will have to test during gameplay with others to verify. But that where I got with the GPU mem restriction off....
  • BuzzKillington15
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I7-3770k
    16gb ram
    Rx 480 gpu
    Win 7

I have fps drop here and there, but not nearly as bad as you guys are describing. Run 1080p with mix of high and ultra settings.

Outta town for work this week, but will try some of the console settings when i get home and see what happens.
  • sanjeev82
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is very strange and disappointing. Ive had plenty of games where i had to mess for like a month to get them to work properly and its bummed me out bigtime. Its lame that im seeing people with the same basic setup i have and Im not having problems at all. Running a 4770k and gtx 970 @ 2560x1080 ultra settings. Game doesnt seem to ever drop below 60. Although i havent double checked the multi performance.... but seems just as smooth as single. I know, boohoo for me.
  • Gomezito
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't know why, but it's the second day that when I play at this hour (03:00) in 64 player servers, I don't get FPS drops. FPS locked at 65!

When I play during the day I have many many drops lol...

Something is wrong with the game lol
  • D3AP1XEL
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys, i tried reinstall my old gtx 960 pny and for my suprise i got 60 solid smooth fps on ultra 1080p, so yeah, its malport for some gpu's chipsets like my gtx 970
  • eTmPsyco
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    No reason for low fps http://imgur.com/SgUrRrG
  • Crashpilot1001
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    System: FX6300 at 4,2GHz all cores locked to that, 16GB DDR3, XFX390 DD Blackedition (Factory OCed),Win10x64 (Driver: Crimson Edition 16.10.2), AsusVG248(1080p,144Hz). I have shut down all trash windows services/updates, also using Razer Cortex to optimize system, Origin in Game disabled. I am running custom settings as follows (file "PROFSAVE_profile"):
    GstRender.AmbientOcclusion 2
    GstRender.AnisotropicFilter 4
    GstRender.AntiAliasingDeferred 0
    GstRender.AntiAliasingPost 0
    GstRender.ClampGpuMemory 0 Runs slower with that set to "1" on my end (it is the GPU memory restriction in the menue)
    GstRender.Dx12Enabled 1
    GstRender.FieldOfViewVertical 83.000000 My FOV setting
    GstRender.FieldOfViewVerticalVehicle 95.000000 My FOV setting
    GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
    GstRender.FullscreenMode 2
    GstRender.LightingQuality 0
    GstRender.MeshQuality 0
    GstRender.MotionBlur 0.100000
    GstRender.MotionBlurEnabled 1
    GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality 5
    GstRender.PostProcessQuality 3
    GstRender.ResolutionScale 1.250000 OR leave that at 100% (1.0000)
    GstRender.TerrainQuality 1
    GstRender.TextureFiltering 3
    GstRender.TextureQuality 3
    GstRender.WindowBordersEnable 0
    I am also running DX12 and borderless windowed because I can easily switch over to my Teamspeak buddies. Because I like a sharp crisp image I put the Resolution scale to 125%. That only gives the GFX card more work (vram usage > 3,5 GB then). With these settings I get FPS hovering all the time around the 80ties, lowest drop to mid 60 and highest something between 100 - 110FPS (all on full 64 conquest servers, all maps). I only see short stalls at the beginning of the round (first seconds) and then it is flawlessly on my end with no stalls at all. So on lower CPU systems DX12 is 100% the way to go with an AMD GFX card IMHO, DX11.1 is def. worse on my end. The CPU usage as displayed with Core Temp is around 90%. On fast CPUs DX11.1 might be the way to go. BTW that "renderaheadlimit -1/0/1/2/3" doesn't do anything good on my system, it may help on nvidia and DX11??
    So yes, DX12 is great and yes it can run without hiccups on lower end systems - and yes you can have a good running BF1 on FX6300 oc'ed - maybe not with an nvidia card and their current DX12 support.
  • deLshad1987
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm having the same problems!!! PLEASE FIX THIS!!! I get dropped to 20-15 fps when things get crazy. unplayable.
    Specs:
    16gb ddr3
    i5 2.9ghz
    gtx 970ti 4gb msi
    asus mobo p8z
  • Highlancer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    sanjeev82 wrote: »
    This is very strange and disappointing. Ive had plenty of games where i had to mess for like a month to get them to work properly and its bummed me out bigtime. Its lame that im seeing people with the same basic setup i have and Im not having problems at all. Running a 4770k and gtx 970 @ 2560x1080 ultra settings. Game doesnt seem to ever drop below 60. Although i havent double checked the multi performance.... but seems just as smooth as single. I know, boohoo for me.

Mate, no offense, but your post is useless. Go check the MULTIPLAYER and come back to report. We are all talking about multiplayer here...

SP works fine for everyone. Besides, we (almost) all bought this for online MP play. Conquest and Operations are the place where the problems arise; modes and maps with fewer than 64 players usually run better.
  • F4ce-off
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This really helped out for my system, except I did change the values only with ingame commands instead of forcing it through the Nvidia program.

I made a user.cfg with the following settings:

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60
    PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

My CPU is now around 70% under load instead of constant 100% and my GPU is between 75% - 90%.

My specs:

Intel I7-2600K - OC @ 4.5 GHz
    16 GB DDR3 - 1600 MHz
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW
    Samsung SSD 840 PRO

DrawFps is still bugged for me. I also get a lot of screen tearing after changing these settings, but I can live with the slight input lag v-sync gives me over the decrease in performance.

Thanks for sharing this workaround!

this fixed all my fps problems and mouse problems ...thanks
  • Highlancer
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Meh... It took DICE a couple of years to fix BF4. I hope they'll act "a bit" faster this time around...
  • JaKSLaP
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Every DICE game is the same crap every time. Random FPS drops and Artifacts at launch
  • ProjectLT_MCarlo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5-3570 gtx1060 8gb dual channel ram, game on ssd .playing on 1080p 144hz. The fps drops are insane. Sometimes to 30fps. Cpu is basically always 100%. Tried all posible solutions and it didnt work. Reinstalling driver with ddu and deleting geforce experience-didn't work. Capping fps at 60-didn't work.Turing vsync on-didnt work.Tried render option and unparking cores-DIDNT work. Anyone has more suggestions?
  • Dreamscythe
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5-3570 gtx1060 8gb dual channel ram, game on ssd .playing on 1080p 144hz. The fps drops are insane. Sometimes to 30fps. Cpu is basically always 100%. Tried all posible solutions and it didnt work. Reinstalling driver with ddu and deleting geforce experience-didn't work. Capping fps at 60-didn't work.Turing vsync on-didnt work.Tried render option and unparking cores-DIDNT work. Anyone has more suggestions?

is your CPU overclocked?
  • ProjectLT_MCarlo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

is your CPU overclocked?

No its not. My friend has exact same cpu but he has 760gtx and plays it perfectly stable on medium. For me it doesn't matter which preset i use. Low or Ultra same stuttering and fps drops... I really dont think its PC problem. Its just badly optimized
  • D3AP1XEL
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Guys its prove that is GPU chipset related. Probably nothing you do will solve this issue but the developers update the game.

I was using my GTX970 G1 Gaming having 40 fps tops, tried everything on this post from unparking cores to buy a new watercooler for my i5.

But i didnt do the obvious: switch the gpu to my old GTX 960 PNY, witch solved the question. Now I get stable 60fps on ultra settings.

For those who is sweeting on this matter, i insist, wait for an update, stop messing around with your system. If you dont believe me try to change your GPU for testing.
  • AGA_Twitch
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have an AMD 8350 CPU and a GTX 1070 SC GPU and can barely hang on to 60FPS on full ultra. doesn't seem right. Dips into the 40s at times. Glad this thread is here to confirm I am not the only one.
  • Rettiekadettie
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    I7-4770K GTX 980TI 16GB of RAM.
    The stutter and fps drops are are bad,i dare to say unplayable for me sinds yesterday.(had around 100 fps at release,now around 70 with drops to 20,playing at 2560x1440p mix of ultra and high settings)
    Game was working fine at release,so don't know what changed.