Battlefield 1 FPS drops!

Comments

• Crashpilot1001
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Besides disabling in game Origin, Windows updates (shut down "BITS" in "Services" as well) and running razer cortex in boost mode I think I found out something. I was wondering why I had very bad stutter in DX12 and why it went almost completely away. I thought it was my farting around with settings BUT there is more. In Windocuments/Battlefield1 there is a cache folder. The more you play the more files are found there and they get bigger and the stutter goes away. I did a test:
    I cleared the cache folder (moving the files to a different directory... just to be save..).
    DX11 doesn't fill up the cache at all.
    DX12 started hefty stutter again (short locking up when aiming down the sight etc.). And DX12 started filling up the cache again.
    I closed BF1 after that test.
    Then I copied the cache back to the folder (the names are something like: PSO-165XXX-4XXX-8XXX-26C44XXX.db) and started BF1 in DX12 resulting in smooth gameplay again.
    So there you have it you have to show the "cache" around on the map so it fills up. That cache is probably dependant on gfx card brand and texture preset. So maybe DICE could write a function or stand alone tool that automatically sets up the cache with all the needed files? Or just create the cache in the system memory and write it back to Harddisk when user is sitting in the menues? (BTW: My whole cache is currently just 73,6 MB).
  • carnifexx
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Im running a 4790k with 16gb of ram and a GTX 980 along with a PG279q GSYNC monitor. I dont understand why im getting frame drops, even to the 50's-60's. It is not a smooth experience even with the gsync. Are they working on this?
    Its also weird though cause some maps i get frame drops and others i dont.
  • GinkaiSensei
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If anyone is experiencing poor fps with a high end rig, like i7 with gtx 1070 or 1080 but you can only get 40-60 fps for no reason..
    I just had that problem and it was bugging the hell out of me, the game was unplayable even though I had above recommended specs.
    I tried everything I was reading, but one thing I didn't try was moving my graphics card to the 1st slot. I know that sounds like I'm dumb, but I had it in the 2nd slot and had no problems with other games. For some reason BF1 will only run properly with the GPU in the 1st slot. I went from 40-60fps on low, to 80-120fps on ultra, just from switching it to the 1st slot.
    I hope this helps anyone! :)
  • igethighScore
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The new update **** me over three days ago before the nvidia and battlefield 1 update I was running at 85fps at 4k with sli 970 now I only get 40-60 fps and the game is unplayable even when i switch it to the lowest settings! I uninstalled the new drivers and reinstalled and nothing is working I contaced EA and they said they know about the problem and never helped me!
  • Chingyching732
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Weird...

The past few days I've had issues like you guys described. Today I played a few games and I could actually play 60+ on ultra with no problems. Went into another map though and started having the same problems. Then went into another and everything was perfect. So I guess it's an issue with the servers and not hardware?

try going into a 24 man domination map and see if you have issues, since not alot of people play those. Maybe the 64 player servers are just under so much traffic since the game is new.
  • TheR3aLN8
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The new update **** me over three days ago before the nvidia and battlefield 1 update I was running at 85fps at 4k with sli 970 now I only get 40-60 fps and the game is unplayable even when i switch it to the lowest settings! I uninstalled the new drivers and reinstalled and nothing is working I contaced EA and they said they know about the problem and never helped me!

85fps at 4k with two 970's.... Cool story bro
  • III_Rockman_III
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If anyone is experiencing poor fps with a high end rig, like i7 with gtx 1070 or 1080 but you can only get 40-60 fps for no reason..
    I just had that problem and it was bugging the hell out of me, the game was unplayable even though I had above recommended specs.
    I tried everything I was reading, but one thing I didn't try was moving my graphics card to the 1st slot. I know that sounds like I'm dumb, but I had it in the 2nd slot and had no problems with other games. For some reason BF1 will only run properly with the GPU in the 1st slot. I went from 40-60fps on low, to 80-120fps on ultra, just from switching it to the 1st slot.
    I hope this helps anyone! :)

Oh my God, man! You probably my saver!
    I knew that all problems from my second x8 slot, which my GPU placed into!
    Which mobo do you have?

Can't wait till go home and try to switch to that slot!
    Actually, I'll lost my X-Fi TItanium HD sound card in that case :(,
    but it's ok if FPS will grow up so much. No problem to buy pci-e -> pci-e adaptor.
  • IGrch-_-
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5 4570 3.2 8Gb gtx 760 2gb dx11 30-40 fps in multiplayer unreal to play
    In campany all is fine
  • McChrill
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had severe fps drops with my GTX1080 until yesterday.

The only thing different is the new BF1 patch and the update for Nvidia drivers to version 375.63.
  • BringerOfSporks
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    McChrill wrote: »
    I had severe fps drops with my GTX1080 until yesterday.

The only thing different is the new BF1 patch and the update for Nvidia drivers to version 375.63.

Ive also had issues with frame drops, ive got a i5 6600K. experienced yesterday even with the update from EA... only thing I didnt update the drives, will report back if the new driver fixes it.
  • ibrsbk
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    i7 6700K, gtx 660 8GB DDR4 . Since my gpu is old af (will be upgrading to gtx1070 in a few months) i was playing at minium settings with a solid 60fps in multiplayer, first 2 days when game was realesed, after an update they did, now core speed drops from 4200MHz to 800MHz so my fps drops from 60fps to 20 for like 2-3 seconds. This never happened to me before in any game , I have a liquid cooling (h100iGTX Cooler) my max temperature is 63ºc...
  • ThePunisherGRE
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem here Campaign run great . But at Multiplayer if i had low setting or ultra settings from 75 fps drop to 19-20 like a freeze . I got FX8320 R9 390 16 GB ram
  • SShooteRR
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5 4570 3.2GHZ
    GTX 970
    8 GB Ram
    Win7 64 Bit
    1080p

Annoying fps drops, doesn't matter the settings i choose: Low /Med /High fps drops all over the place.

Battlefield 3 Ultra settings smooth 60 fps.
  • KaelinNFFC
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the same issues as everyone else and seem to get frame drops at the very lowest of 16. The average frames i get is from the high 90s to the low 100s with everything maxed out.

running on:
    -i5 6600k at 4.5 ghz
    -MSI 1070 gaming x at 2075 mhz
    -16 gigs of hyper x memory

i have never experienced frames drops like this before even in Witcher 3 with max settings.
  • III_Rockman_III
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, I tried to move my graphics card to the 1st slot.
    It raised my average FPS for about 10, so it's really what we need to do. But it won't fix fps drops. Game freezes for about 2-3 sec randomly, and for now I didn't find solution...
  • ibrsbk
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It raised my average FPS for about 10, so it's really what we need to do. But it won't fix fps drops. Game freezes for about 2-3 sec randomly, and for now I didn't find solution...

Obviously, the first slot always provides better performance for reasons of hardware, all graphics cards by default should be assembled there, anyways this is not the point of the fps drops issue...
  • GinkaiSensei
    19 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

This really made a difference for me, all my other games worked fine with my GPU in the 2nd slot. But once I switched it to the 1st, where it should be but wouldn't initially fit, It fixed all my fps problems.
  • OGGE1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have the same problem , played smooth first 3 days but not im fps dropping/ lagging

GTX 680
    16 gb ram
    i5 4,3ghz

Talked to the support and they are aware of it so fix hopefully coming soon :)
  • Adrenalinemech
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    eXoXenO wrote: »
    Hello,

so i played the Beta of Battlefield 1 and now the full game and got a problem with the FPS.

In some cases when fighting (not massive) they drop to nearly 15-20 for some seconds.

Also i noticed that it doesn't makes a huge difference (in FPS) if i change from Ultra to high or medium.

The FPS drops are still there...

I don't know if my system is to weak but which graphic options do you recommend me to take?

This is my system:

- AMD Piledriver FX-8350, 8x 4.0GHz
    - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, AMD 990FX
    - AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    - 16GB Kingston DDR3-1600 (2x 8GB)

If you need further information please let me know!

Try disabling DX12 in the advanced video options in game
    then create a user.cfg file in your main Battlefield1 folder and put this line in it.
    RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2

It worked for me and I am running an
    [email protected]
    R9 380
    16gb DDR3-1866

I was having similar problems myself and that seemed to fix it for me. can play on high settings at a steady 60 FPS. Hope this helps you out.
  • imgn-UnsyNZ
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Str4yshot wrote: »
    You are experiencing a cpu bottleneck, like basically everyone else. It seems like people with top of the line i7's are the only ones who can keep the game at a consistently good frame rate. I really hope they do some optimization b/c its kinda ruining the game for me.

Can confirm
    I got i7 6700k +gtx 980ti game is very smooth at 90-120fps
    what is weird when i check cpu usage it says its 100% but i dont have any stuttering

I'm running a i5 that runs at 100% cpu usage, yet now with new Nvidia driver and some overclocking I'm able to get 80-120fps most of the time. Its a weird thing.