Annoying Issue on Startup

A_Merciful_Soul
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Hello everybody,

Like most of you, I've been enjoying the release of BF1 a lot so far. However, there is a very annoying and pretty persistent issue which plagues the startup of the game.

Everytime I try to launch the game I get a black windowed screen with the almost instant follow up of the message "Battlefield 1 has stopped working". The only way I can fix this is by going in to My Documents and editing the PROFSAVE_profile file, I normally do this by setting the parameter for FullScreenEnabled from 0 to 1. This fixes the problem temporarily and I can launch the game after doing this. I do not have any problems whilst playing the game and, after quitting out of the game, I seem to be able to launch the game again with no apparent issues.

After a while however, particularly when my laptop has been switched off or went into sleep mode, I get the same problem again. The launch error is exactly the same and I have to go in to My Documents and edit the PROFSAVE_profile file all over again. It is as if the file resets every time I lose connection to the Origin servers (e.g. shutting my laptop down or letting it go in to sleep mode).

Although I can still play the game without issues, this startup problem is really annoying and I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or maybe there is a setting I have missed.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Laptop Specs (MSI GE72 6QC Apache)

Nvidia GTX960M 2GB
8GB Ram
I7-6700HQ

I'm playing the game on medium settings with the FXAA medium and Ambient Oclussion off and get a solid 45-70 fps, once I'm in the game there are no issues.

(I read various posts about similar issues, about people who could not get the game to launch at all, but I never found a post with a similar problem to mine. I also disabled DX12 already so that probably isn't the problem)