Whats wrong with sprint and movement in this game?????

orangebionic
232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I ve expected quite smooth movements in bf1 , due to being forced to flank, or outrun tanks to get close enough for grenade use, and in beta all was quite good, I couldnt complain.
Imagine my utter surprise when i can barely sprint 3 metres in game, even worse its feels glitching all the time, character just stops, or dont even start to sprint at all.

I ve watched few videos today, mainly pc players and i didnt see anything like that in their movements, so I decide to tamper with setting a bit. Nothing changed. Just to be sure i reset my router, nothing my internet is a s good as it was(150/20/ 12 ping).

It has to be something wrong with console version, question is, does that intentional?? I can believe it is, i am not some twitchy kid, who needs to glide through the map, but i dont want to walk every map, every game mode, maybe if I was a camping sniper I wouldnt mind, tho.Anyone experiencing this?????????????
Just checked all my controlers, still the same, all i can say wtf, what that travesty is all about, thats the worst sprint in any fps i played in 20 years, never mind clunkiness and lack of fluidity of general movements, I could live with that, but damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to be able to run ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• CarjaMartell
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've played nearing 40 hours on PS4 and haven't experienced this one. I have however noticed that pressing sprint doesn't make you stand up from prone, which can be very annoying.

I know it's a pain in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but maybe try a) restoring all settings to factory in the game (you've probably tried this) b) turn off any other internet using device (I found rubber banding to be a huge issue in this when using any other internet enabled device) and c) although it's a huge pain in the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, reinstalling your game
  • 0_acht_fuffzehn
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same for me. Startin charge and hell yeah, got a knife in my hand and moved 2 metrers...
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am reinstalling game. hopefully thats solve the problem.
  • 0_acht_fuffzehn
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    solution -> delete this pile of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • seanhow40
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i have noticed that if i am crouched i wont immediatley sprint i have to un click crouch then the sprint kicks in
  • krj2007
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    same deal. I've switched how I start sprinting to a double tap up on the stick. That seems to work better than holding it down. Not the best solution but it works.
  • TheMoses06
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Standing up from the prone position and going into a sprint is an excruciating process in this game. I've never had two broken femurs but I'm pretty sure the guy I control in this game has. They seriously need to tweak this, in addition to the delay before you can move or do anything else right after a spawn.
  • 1charliewhiskey
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    What mouse and keyboard are you using. I had to uninstall the mouse software (Perixx) and reinstall an updated version. All is fine now. Unplayable before. And yes, it seems to have fixed the keys getting stuck. I would let go of the "W" and continue to move forever. Ruins a game. And of course the mouse movement was horrible especially in close quarters.
    I can not tell you why the mouse affected the keyboard but now it's fine.