BF1 Crash to Desktop without error message

Northerngamer
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
My BF1 client will randomly crash me to desktop but I never get an error message, just the windows message saying this program has stopped working and then I need to force quit it with the task manager.

Is there some place I can go find a crash or event log to see whats causing this?

I have an i7-3770k and twin 670's with 16 gigs of ram so I should have lots of PC (all overclocks were turned off after the first crash with no effect)

Thanks

Comments

• Kirister
    189 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The crashes are logged in your Windows Event Viewer, under Application. They show as "error", (you can sort by event type and dates).

I believe your random crashes are DirectX crashes, there is a popular thread regarding those:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/38131/directx-function-error-nvidia-still-not-fixed-no-statement-from-ea-22-10-16-23-50-cest
  • sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are you trying to run DX11 or DX12?
  • hellaquez
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here. Crashing to desktop and the origin has stop working. Damn EA come on !!!
  • witty245
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here help please
  • dardura
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here even after latest drivers and update, so frustrating, and now I don't think I can refund, and to think I stopped pirating games...
  • ControllerSniper
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same here.... on my laptop with I7 and 950 gtx .. it basically runs smoothly on 60 fps but can;t enjoy the game with this suddenly crash...
  • dEBRAJ_TR
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    same here. gtx 1070 16 gb ram ryzen 1600x. help ea
  • Cerbuis
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Same thing is happening for me. Re-installed and repaired several times through Origin but i've still not been able to play for the last week.
  • vulpesveritas
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've suddenly come across this after returning to BF1 after a few months - no issues with my present Desktop prior to launch, but now I'm CTDing without an error message almost every time I hop in game, 5-10 minutes into a conquest match - as described above, no error message, just one moment I'm in a match, the next suddenly I'm at the desktop.

Related specs are:
    Ryzen 1600x
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
  • Aditrex
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    really dice again you done it fix damn game already
  • Microsista
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same, how do i fix it?
    specs:
    i5 2500k
    8gb ram
    gtx 770 2gb
    windows 10
  • The_Real_RTA
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same.
    Win 10
    32Gb Ram
    8Mb Radeon
    Amd 3ghz 8 core

Attempting to get into Battlelog to launch the game from there now brings up an advert for a phone App that I don't want, rather than a BF1 launch screen.
    Bought game in 2016. It has since run TWICE. After the first 'Improvements' patch it hasn't run again.

I've done absolutely everything regarding uninstalling and re-installing things, changed settings to every possible combination, tried every compatibility mode but nothing.

Press 'Play', Origin minimises and then comes right back up again, telling me I've just played the game for about half a second.

If EA can't even get the right web page to load when it tries to start then the chances of it working around the double DRM of Battlelog and Origin are almost Nil. If I launch a game, I like to have the game launch, not send me to a web page advert for a phone app with no way of getting to the launch page.

None of the other Battlefield titles have this problem on my machine, so why this one ?
    Tells you immediately that the problem isn't here or none would run.
  • The_Real_RTA
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Brilliant. Using Microsoft Edge as default browser has now stopped Battlefield Hardline working too. Wonderful error box - 'You need to download Origin etc.' when it has just launched the web page from Origin. 'Try plugin free launching in your profile settings' - OK. 'Play' …. 'This browser doesn't support the Battlelog plugin. Please disable it in your profile' - OK. Back to stage one. Repeat until bored. Does it work in Firefox ? No. IE - No. Should I be looking for a copy of Netscape or Mosaic somewhere ? You'd think that a software company wouldn't have such a problem with a simple browser, but apparently browsers must be a bit tricky for the poor coders. What browser exactly DOES it work with ?
  • Aditrex
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Brilliant. Using Microsoft Edge as default browser has now stopped Battlefield Hardline working too. Wonderful error box - 'You need to download Origin etc.' when it has just launched the web page from Origin. 'Try plugin free launching in your profile settings' - OK. 'Play' …. 'This browser doesn't support the Battlelog plugin. Please disable it in your profile' - OK. Back to stage one. Repeat until bored. Does it work in Firefox ? No. IE - No. Should I be looking for a copy of Netscape or Mosaic somewhere ? You'd think that a software company wouldn't have such a problem with a simple browser, but apparently browsers must be a bit tricky for the poor coders. What browser exactly DOES it work with ?

firefox chrome?
  • Allerionx3
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Any updates on this? I am having the issue as well..can't even play a single match properly
  • Hubbertx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Wanted to post my "solution".

I kept getting crashes to desktop in BF1 only and didn't get any error message. I checked windows event viewer, googled every solution under the sun, etc. I finally tried something that I figured had a very off chance of working, I changed my memory frequency from 3000mhz to 2133mhz (it is 3000mhz memory). As dumb as it sounds the crashes stopped I haven't had a crash in weeks since doing this.

I dont think this is optimal and can't explain why this happens only in BF1 (all other games run fine at 3000mhz) but changing this worked for me and it might help a few others so I figured I would put it out there.

• atheer_iraq91
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i has same problem game exit about 10-20min sometimes less than 10min and exit to desktop without any error!!! it's happend after last updates any help or is it DICE FAULT!!?? :( :(
  • mojoeuk
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Uninstall KB4284835 AND KB4103721 windows 10 update rolled last week I've played 2 rounds of conquest and no crash yet! ;)
  • mentatxx
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue for me - random crash with exception 0xc0000005 in logs. Very frustrating. Does BF5 runs on a same engine?
  • CaptainPotyi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Same here ... :| Random crash whitout error message. ( In windows event viewer 0xc0000005 )