Weekly BF

100% CPU Usage

Always_B_Closing
9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The game is completely stressing the **** out of my cpu. I can run on ultra spec, but because of the cpu bottleneck, my frames are bouncing everywhere (80-70-45-80-60-50-90 etc etc) it's like a slide show. Any suggestions?

Win 7 x64
i5 3570k oc'd @ 4.2
16 GB ram
GTX 970

Comments

• sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You need to see which core is running at 100% and disable it. that will distribute the work low like it's supposed to
  • KadazGR
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    sixZzsh0t wrote: »
    You need to see which core is running at 100% and disable it. that will distribute the work low like it's supposed to

Yeah and what if it uses all the cores of a 4690k at 4.5Ghz at 100%? What do then?
  • Always_B_Closing
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

What are you talking about? Like Kadaz said, all the cores are maxed at 100%. There isn't anything left to distribute to...
  • sixZzsh0t
    208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What are you talking about? Like Kadaz said, all the cores are maxed at 100%. There isn't anything left to distribute to...

That's the issue that most have run into where only one was maxing out and disabling forced it to distribute correctly, if all are maxed out I personally haven't seen any fix for that. I could've overlooked it.
  • Nekrono
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    A LOT of people are suffering from this right now, across all CPU gens (older and newer), DICE really needs to address this and fix it as even the beta did not push the CPU this hard.

This is making more than capable GPU's performance go to the crapper as framerates are going all over the place due to this.
  • YoImStep
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i5-6600k and all 4 of mine are being maxed out at 100%
  • borek24
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    SndXXaQ.png
    ye its f normal all 8 cpu 100% gpu 0% ...
  • sixZzsh0t
    WOW that's insane
  • Larcrecy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The amount of data your CPU is crunching at 100% is crazy. My 4690K 4.6GHz is maxed at 100% as well and I can only imagine what the heck is pumping out data wise lol
  • JustCallMeKoo
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Larcrecy wrote: »
    The amount of data your CPU is crunching at 100% is crazy. My 4690K 4.6GHz is maxed at 100% as well and I can only imagine what the heck is pumping out data wise lol

Most likely the game, if he isn't having any other problems with other games.
  • Creative5p
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    borek24 wrote: »
    SndXXaQ.png

Check your RAM speed. My RAM was supposed to be running at 1800 Mhz but I noticed in bios that it was only running at 1117 Mhz. Changed it back to 1800 and got massive performance increase. CPU utilization dropped 10% and GPU utilization increased by 20%.
  • KR0SSED0UT
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Creative5p wrote: »
    SndXXaQ.png

Check your RAM speed. My RAM was supposed to be running at 1800 Mhz but I noticed in bios that it was only running at 1117 Mhz. Changed it back to 1800 and got massive performance increase. CPU utilization dropped 10% and GPU utilization increased by 20%.

Not sure I can vouch for this. 16GB DDR4 3000mhz and my 6600k at 4.5ghz gets maxed out pretty often, especially in 64p. Considering that's the recommended CPU, looks like poor optimization that needs patching.
  • borek24
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    ram 1866
    Creative5p wrote: »
    SndXXaQ.png

ram 1600 and cpu 8x4,5
    Post edited by borek24 on
  • borek24
    ok i found solution for my problem all work perfect now !! ; )
  • SilverKidPoweh
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ok i found solution for my problem all work perfect now !! ; )

And whats the solution?
  • borek24
  • SirNLeo
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    99% of the people who build their computers know to put their ram into dual channel so thats hardly a fix. I am running quad channel ram and still getting **** performance with a 6 core i7 and GTX 1080 SLI.
  • borek24
    SirNLeo wrote: »
    99% of the people who build their computers know to put their ram into dual channel so thats hardly a fix. I am running quad channel ram and still getting **** performance with a 6 core i7 and GTX 1080 SLI.

like i said i found fix for me not for all ppl i write it b someone can have problem like me
  • ThefrenchDroopy
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Welcome to battlefield 1...
    Personalizing your experience...
    Bottlenecking the sh** out of your cores...
    Have a levelcap video...
    Have a jackfrags video...
    Feeling better ?
    Enjoy !
    Sincerely, Dice&Ea

But really you need a better Cpu/Gpu, consider buying the Pc in jackfrags video, its only 8000$ ( true story )
    10 Cores, 20 threads, 2 Gpus so l33t that nasa will be jealous, then you can play at 60fps ! Have fun !

/s