I noticed that cpu usage dropped significantly, relatively speaking, when I did two things:
a) Cap fps using a custom config: The guy who wrote this guide caps at 60 fps. I cap at 122. Feel free to cap at whatever helps work the gpu.
b) In your driver control panel set Max rendered frames to 1. For nVidia this is Maximum pre-rendered frames. For AMD this is Flip Queue size.
This isn't going to help everyone, but it will mitigate high cpu usage and low fps a bit. Let's hope a patch is forthcoming.
Apparently current AMD drivers have no such option. You guys have to use RadeonMod to set flip queue size:
has written a configuration tool that might be easier, especially for AMD guys who no longer have the flip queue option:
Post edited by fvmz on