Weekly Debrief

Snipers won't fire, help?

Zulutheblue
3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Anybody having this same issue? Literally none of my snipers will fire. Well maybe after I hold the trigger in for 10 seconds. After researching I found that some guys had the same problem back on bf4. Something to do with the right trigger on my controller being slightly damaged apparently, but I'm not convinced. Bf4 and hardline work fine. None of my friends are having the same issue. I just wanted to put the feelers out. Im going to ask a friend to bring a controller round to test. Wanted to explore all avenues before I bite the bullet and buy a new controller. Any info would be muchly appreciated.

Comments

• a2raya
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm having the same issue here on the PS4. I gotta press hard on the R2 trigger instead of tapping normally. It's a bug they need to fix, because I can shoot perfectly fine with other guns.
  • Zulutheblue
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah exactly I thought it was a bug too. It seems only a select few have this problem though. I need to figure out if it's my controller.

Apparently there was a temp fix on bf4 where you go to advanced options, set L2 to L1 and R2 to R1, then go to accessibility in ps4 options then swap the buttons back and apparently works. I can't find the buttons swap in advanced options in bf1 though. If you manage to figure it out let me know mate.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    L2&R2 are trash for playing FPS.L1&R1 are better
  • iHamid4Wizard
    1 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sniper rifle not shooting (PS4)

Hi Dice!

Battlefield 1 Bugged Report in Final Version 1.01:

i problem in my controller PS4 - Only Gun Sniper rifle not shooting - Button R2 !!!

My controller in my other games R2 Button work perfectly and normally.

Please Fixing In Next Update.
  • ChiknStew29
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    got the same problem here, too. it was suggested to me to just switch the R1/L1 with R2/L2... that's not a fix, though, and my controllers work fine with every other game I play. it's coding on Dice's end. hopefully they will patch this soon. I had the same problem with BF4 and nothing was ever done. don't hold your breath
  • MedinaDon
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same here on Xbox One. Used MS Elite, Scuff and original Xbox controller and all are the same. Fires cannon on tank and mackine guns on war stories ring of fire ok but no rifles.
  • VikingYtterman
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had the same problem in the Beta, noticed it sometimes in Rocket League, and then my friend wanted to try NFS Rivals and the problem was there again.
    Took my controller apart (didnt want to buy a new one xD) and found out that the trigger works by having a plastic piece pressing on some silicon piece. This plastic piece has over time made a cut in the silicon piece which lead to this problem.
    Cut out the part, twisted it 90 degrees and now it works perfectly, not sure how long it will last as I essentially broke the piece to fix it xD
  • ChiknStew29
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    what I ended up doing since my last post here was going into the Options menu and switching over to a Lefty-style button layout. takes some getting used to, but all in all works the same. just need to get used to the two buttons being swapped out, basically. the aim and fire buttons are reversed. Dice should really fix this, though
  • Xilidevil
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    R2 is working just fine for me, and I have your standard Dualshock 4 controller. Definitely nothing wrong on my end or DICE's
  • bizerker21
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have the exact same issue, I can't play as Scout as none of the sniper rifles work. I also cannot pick up the tank killer as it won't work for me either. Of course, my secondary works fine. I had same issue when I started match as Calvary, could not shoot (R2 button). All other classes work though with no issue of R2 button. Basically 1/4 (classes) of my game is not working.
  • KoolaidTheGreat
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I'm having this same exact problem!!!
  • bizerker21
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Its DICEs way of telling you to choose a different class.

Stupid reply considering it's a real problem, but I guess you are just trying to be cute. SMH
    Xilidevil wrote: »
    R2 is working just fine for me, and I have your standard Dualshock 4 controller. Definitely nothing wrong on my end or DICE's

LOL, although you are not affected it's idiotic to say nothing on DICE's end. Clearly many in community are affected, so the problem is on DICE. Just be glad you are one of the people affected because it sucks!
  • FishyFishArcade
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    It's probably a combination of the game and your controller. I've had the issue with some (but not all) sniper rifles in BF4, and some of the revolvers in BF Hardline. I tried a different controller and they all worked fine. I'm presuming there must be some differences between guns and how they react to trigger pressure on the controller, as otherwise you'd expect none of them would fire. The controller that gave me problems had no issues whatsoever on any other games, just BF.
  • ThePillager
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same, but it also seems to affect Support. There have been times when the LMG won't fire.
  • Giliaaannn
    1162 postsMember Member
    edited October 2016
    I have the same problem and not only with sniper rifles but also with the flametrooper, tank hunter, shotguns and one handgun I tried out.
    I don't think it's my controller because in the beta I couldn't fire the flare gun and the sentry kit either but those now suddenly work for me. I've played a **** ton of BF4, BO3 and DOOM and never had this issue but suddenly when I play BF1 my controller is broken? Yeah right.

I am afraid they aren't going to (be able to) fix it because people have had this problem in BF4 too. Sucks because I really enjoy playing this game... Going to try switching R1 with R2 in the controller options, see if that does something.
  • Zulutheblue
    Wow I didn't realise how many people this has effected. Hopefully somebody from dice is reading. After posting this last night I switched R1 and R2 around through accessibilly options and it worked sweet, trouble was remember R1 was to fire. Long range was okay but sudden surprise "HEY WASSUP" kamikazi running directly at you, your instant reaction is to tap R2. You end up just standing their pointing at the angry fellow.

Also it gets a bit confusing when it comes to switching/customising weapons in the deploy screen, can get annoying. L2 to cycle left R1 to cycle right? L1 and R2 to change saved class? . . . (Sigh) I still don't remember.
  • bizerker21
    It's probably a combination of the game and your controller. I've had the issue with some (but not all) sniper rifles in BF4, and some of the revolvers in BF Hardline. I tried a different controller and they all worked fine. I'm presuming there must be some differences between guns and how they react to trigger pressure on the controller, as otherwise you'd expect none of them would fire. The controller that gave me problems had no issues whatsoever on any other games, just BF.

I wish it was the controller, but my controller is brand new and works flawlessly in every other game. Man it would be sweet if it was just a controller, but unfortunately it's not.
  • themonk5
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I have had this problem from bf4 I changed my buttons from r2 to r1 shoot only happens to me with sniper rifles & flametrooper. But I checked you can't switch shoot to r1 this time only to L2 everyother gun works fine. I ordered a new controller anyway just to check.if it's just a bug it needs sorted soon as.
  • bizerker21
    themonk5 wrote: »
    Yes I have had this problem from bf4 I changed my buttons from r2 to r1 shoot only happens to me with sniper rifles & flametrooper. But I checked you can't switch shoot to r1 this time only to L2 everyother gun works fine. I ordered a new controller anyway just to check.if it's just a bug it needs sorted soon as.

Clearly it's not your controller, as mine is brand new and I have the problem and plenty of others have same issue.
This discussion has been closed.