This Week in Battlefield V

Snipers won't fire, help?

Comments

• NateRm31
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Same problem here as well on Xb1. All semi-auto rifles, sniper rifles, and shotguns will not fire....I thought it was my elite controller at first, then tried to use my other controllers and still the same problem. Hard reset the xbox and still not working...I contacted EA Sports about it and reported this issue as a bug and still no help. I've been told to revert to the forums, where it's all complaints and no fixes...looks like ill be waiting for COD haha
  • Agrieas
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I had something similar happen. My gun would fire(sniper rifle) not only that but I also couldn't ADS and it was stuck in a risen position.
  • YUCRY
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    this is happening to me. i changed the controller configurations to "Lefty" and now R2 works fine to aim and L2 works fine to shoot. so it is obvious that my controller is fine, since R2 works to aim. so why can't i shoot with R2 and a sniper rilfe? I've just been playing Lefty, although i really don't want to
  • JerechDiaboli
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Same problem with my Playstation 4. Standart controller works absolutely fine with every other FPS game I have, but in BF1 no sniper rifles or shotguns. They fire only when running forward. So I will leave Scouts and shotguns alone until Dice fixes this.
  • Baxl3y12
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    For now just hit melee it resets it back to normal
  • xXWTFXxTHATGUY
    1171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anybody having this same issue? Literally none of my snipers will fire. Well maybe after I hold the trigger in for 10 seconds. After researching I found that some guys had the same problem back on bf4. Something to do with the right trigger on my controller being slightly damaged apparently, but I'm not convinced. Bf4 and hardline work fine. None of my friends are having the same issue. I just wanted to put the feelers out. Im going to ask a friend to bring a controller round to test. Wanted to explore all avenues before I bite the bullet and buy a new controller. Any info would be muchly appreciated.

One of my friends kinda had the same problem but it was his controller he has had to replace the r2 button a few times. So I would say get some buttons on line before you buy a controller, they can be a little tricky to replace but it's cheaper than a new controller.
  • bizerker21
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Baxl3y12 wrote: »
    For now just hit melee it resets it back to normal

What do you mean? If the R2 button is not working, hit melee and then it works after???
  • GLORYFREE
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    same problem here. I have reason to believe it is the controller hardware. sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. i find if i press more towards the top of the trigger my weapon fires. This leads me to believe its a contact issue.
    if its a software issue it may be that dice has set the trigger pull to low so lighter pulls dont register like they would with other weapons.
    This issue is a game breaker for me as it totally renders a class unusable.
    i would like to hear a statement or some patch i can do to elevate this issue.
    I will not go out and buy a new controller just because it doesnt work right in one single aspect of a game.
  • murderMAX10
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    its your controller. r2 is usually the first button to break on ps4. bf1 uses pressure indication on some of the weapons. so for example some sinpers and shotguns need 100% pressure to fire. other guns dont use it and thats why they fire with no problem. just order new r2 button from amazon. it costs like 1dollar. mean time you can just remap your r2 to r1. thats how i played until myt parts arrived.
    stop blaming dice. this is ps4 controller issue.
  • bizerker21
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    its your controller. r2 is usually the first button to break on ps4. bf1 uses pressure indication on some of the weapons. so for example some sinpers and shotguns need 100% pressure to fire. other guns dont use it and thats why they fire with no problem. just order new r2 button from amazon. it costs like 1dollar. mean time you can just remap your r2 to r1. thats how i played until myt parts arrived.

Mine is a brand new controller, so what's the excuse now? Oh and why does an old controller work for other FPS games or even for the assault class, medic class, etc, etc??? In general, it is NOT the controller for most and I for one know not for me.
  • dochterx
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I also have this issue. Thought I was going mad. Shotguns and bolt-actions have this problem!
  • murderMAX10
    bizerker21 wrote: »

Mine is a brand new controller, so what's the excuse now? Oh and why does an old controller work for other FPS games or even for the assault class, medic class, etc, etc??? In general, it is NOT the controller for most and I for one know not for me.

pretty sure its the controller. even though its new it still might be broken or not working as intended. it works for other fps games coz they dont utilize the ps4 controllers pressure trigger. as i mentioned before, certain weapons need 100% pressure to be used. u can test this by remapping your r2 to r1 from your ps4 settings. if it works then its your controller not the game. i dare you to test it.
  • Ir0nShad0w
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    As I have been considering the PS4 Pro and buying BF1 for that platform as well (currently playing on PC ...muscle memory from previous titles On PS3/4 have made this a bear) I decided to check out "issues".

But I digress...

I don't believe we can assume "all controllers are the same". I recommend people who are having problems roll your controller over and look at the model number on the back. From what I can tell, CUH-ZCT1xxx and the CAP-ZCT1xxx are the base part number and everything after them are the modifiers for COLOR, REGION, and REVISION.

Here is a link to what I mean as it pertains to the DualShock 3 and Sixaxis psdevwiki.com/ps3/DualShock_3

If you look down through those Controller types and revisions, you can see they are manufactured in different countries, with a variety of circuit-board revisions and materials. I don't know if the controllers can be "updated" or not.. with like a firmware update.

I would be seriously interested to find out if "certain model numbers" are the reason for this issue.

• NachtJager91
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I know you don't want to hear this, but it might be your controller. I didn't want to have to get a new one either, but I did and now my snipers are working just fine.
  • SLCZurdo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same problem for me - XB1, Elite controller. Trigger works fine until I have a sniper rifle or tankkiller. A friend of mine has the same setup but it works fine for him... weird that it is a random problem like that. This is really negatively affecting my game experience!
  • Davetaylor0779
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Its your pad being slightly damaged.. it has only ever affected this game.. it was the beta that showed it up for me. I have 2 pads and had the exact same problem with one of them but not the other. Something to do with the way they have set up the triggers they are different for different guns which is why it only affects some of them.. for me it was the medic auto sleeper variant. I traded the pad in and got a new one. Borrow a friends pad to be sure
  • themonk5
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For anyone saying it's not the controller you're full of **** this happened to me on bf4 & bf1 no snipers or shotguns would fire. So I got a new controller yesterday tried out sniper & shotgun & they both work fine now. So if it doesn't work it's more than likely you controller is a bit damaged.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Put on the gas mask then take off the gas mask...should fix the issue.
  • kenpokillz
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the recent patch fixed my issue. keep in mind i had the same issue in hardline and BF4 and have 4 controllers. so the people who say that the people who say its the controller are full of sh#t are actually the ones full of sh#t. true story.
  • murderMAX10
    edited October 2016
    no its the controller. if it wasnt, it would effect everyone. but it doesnt
This discussion has been closed.