This Week in Battlefield V

Snipers won't fire, help?

12346»

Comments

• jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    Anybody having this same issue? Literally none of my snipers will fire. Well maybe after I hold the trigger in for 10 seconds. After researching I found that some guys had the same problem back on bf4. Something to do with the right trigger on my controller being slightly damaged apparently, but I'm not convinced. Bf4 and hardline work fine. None of my friends are having the same issue. I just wanted to put the feelers out. Im going to ask a friend to bring a controller round to test. Wanted to explore all avenues before I bite the bullet and buy a new controller. Any info would be muchly appreciated.

I used to use a scuf which had trigger stops. Found I couldn't fire most of the scout rifles as they need a full depress in order to fire. It could well be controller damage related (although could be other reasons too of course).

This was the problem I had with the trigger locks also so I quit using them...
  • TankGewehr1917
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Corvor3 wrote: »
    I have found a fix, just go to the Advanced options, go to controller L2/R2, decrease R2 max input threshold to 90% or less.
    I hope this help
    Necro @LOLGotYerTags
  • jmgargoyle
    2463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Corvor3 wrote: »
    I have found a fix, just go to the Advanced options, go to controller L2/R2, decrease R2 max input threshold to 90% or less.
    I hope this help
    Necro @LOLGotYerTags

Actually it's right before three months since last comments.(2 1/2) Seems to get revived before it necroed multiple times.
  • ceaserdode
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same issue here
  • Growthorn
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ceaserdode wrote: »
    Same issue here

Try this:
    Growthorn wrote: »
    This topic is old but I'm sure this info will help someone.

I fixed my controller following this video:

Good luck!
  • stefansej
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This fixed the issue for me: go into controls, then into advanced. There you will need to adjust the R2 max input threshold to 5%, as this will minimize the force needed to register the R2 input.
  • creepNpeep
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Interesting to still see this being discussed.
    I’ve never had issues with fire buttons not working.
  • falciatrice
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I have the same problem (ps4 dual shock v1)
    I have problems to use flamethrower and sniper rifles shot after 10s.
  • falciatrice
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I don't think the controller is the problem because i m not the only one with the same problem
  • The_BERG_366
    2320 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think the controller is the problem because i m not the only one with the same problem

it is the controller. turn down your max input threshold for R2 and L2 to something like 20%. that should solve the issue for now...
    but your Controllers triggers are probably worn out so u won't get around replacing them or the whole Controller at some point (especially regarding that not all games thst make use of the max trigger input also feature max input threshold adjustment options, such as for example gta 5)
  • DeanOfMean24
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If your using an Xbox elite controller and you have the hair trigger option switch it off and it will work that was my problem. I didn't see a threshold setting in bf4 and that's weird cause pretty much every other game does.
  • Kiggeh
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well here I am in 2019 after re-downloading the game, but.. I HAVE A FIX!

Go to Options > Controls > Advanced, then scroll down to "Controller L2/R2" and reduce the R2 Max Input Threshold to as low as it can go (5%). What this does, is reduce the amount that you have to press down on the R2 button for it to trigger a command.

You can do it with L2 as well if you want, but I haven't had any problems with that button before so didn't bother. Hope I helped!
  • ragnarok013
    3226 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm closing this thread for necro.
This discussion has been closed.