The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• DANNYonPC
    248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

and no gasmasks don't work :p
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hi, so far this is what you get out of the tunnels
    36316767_1957088544551751_6277653705982476288_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=591919d537f5800281ef7b4c9ee120ea&oe=5BA1DF10
    36275339_1957088794551726_5291503011225403392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2bb9cfcffa06c092a4ebd0a1e600c0a0&oe=5BB6576A
    36358452_1957089281218344_6327353611537874944_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=521119eafd8c6063713a23758b7e4620&oe=5BAA9B17
    36266044_1957089041218368_6376705581792624640_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=62ee9dd600185c132e0c2c8c484150d0&oe=5BA176DD

• NumberSixIT
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here's mine: :D :D :D

• NumberSixIT
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And here's me, using it on Amiens :D :D :D :o :o :o

• HawkeyeAM47
    1275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DANNYonPC wrote: »
    ATTIC SWITCH FOR WELLINGTON CHANNEL - ESCALATING DEATH COUNT - REPORT HEADSHOTS BY GROUP MOST TO FEWEST - OPEN AND CLOSE WITH NONE

Plz be the Colt SAa
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So it seems you actually need to unlock every single dogtag to enter the tunnels and not die because I tried like 7 times already and died in different tunnel every time but not because of the gas but some sort of monster force killed me over and over. Really weird because I don't really want to deal with unlocking the very first dog tag because loads of codes to translate. Feels bad man.
  • TheGM86
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    So it seems you actually need to unlock every single dogtag to enter the tunnels and not die because I tried like 7 times already and died in different tunnel every time but not because of the gas but some sort of monster force killed me over and over. Really weird because I don't really want to deal with unlocking the very first dog tag because loads of codes to translate. Feels bad man.

you need the beginning dogtag? that's like 10 codes.
  • CS-2107
    1541 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    TheGM86 wrote: »

Oh my god I'm just not good at this. The Beginning and Conflict Dog tag are a pain in the **** to get hold of for me!
  • TheGM86
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »

Oh my god I'm just not good at this. The Beginning and Conflict Dog tag are a pain in the **** to get hold of for me!

console players are so Borked because of this.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did all of them on ps4. It's not different from pc. The only extra passage is porting the clip from ps4 to pc.
  • TheGM86
    magosnow wrote: »
    I did all of them on ps4. It's not different from pc. The only extra passage is porting the clip from ps4 to pc.

sure there are extreme outliers like the unemployed but what are normal people supposed to do?
  • hellfire_cthulhu
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I did it on PS4 too, I recorded the Morse code with my cellphone, was faster for me.
    btw, I did it when it first was discovered the path on the BFEE Discord page, the word at that time was that you only need 1 of the 3 skull front dog tags equipped (Beginning, Conflict, or Omen) + Escalation skin equipped + Belly rear dog tag equipped, or you won't pass level 6, you'll die with the scream. Was late for me and was to sleep after I got the gun, so idk.
  • CS-2107

console players are so Borked because of this.

Actually the Beginning Dog tag is fine, just the Conflict one frustrates me a bit. But maybe one day I'll actually do that one too.
  • herodes87
    1139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it looks like you need to unlock all dogtags. what a big ****!!!

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep I was willing to get 3 tags and the 1917 skin, but I'm not willing to go through the other Easter eggs, which are objectively more tedious and drawn out than the others, just to get through a tunnel I know I'd otherwise be able to get through. Especially when the reward is a sidearm whose main advantage over others is a fancy animation that can possibly get you killed in an actual game.

Imo the Peacekeeper was worth getting the skin/tags combo and making it through the gas maze - but not doing all that BS and having to decode like literally 5x more morse code messages. It already took me a considerable amount of time recording clips, uploading them, and asking people in the BFEE Discord to help me decode it - that's AFTER I already attempted to decode them myself using decoding software that rendered no results.

Maybe if the reward were more worthwhile, but that's a ton of work for a revolver. The phantom bow was a much more unique weapon and it wasn't behind nearly as complex and drawn out a set of Easter eggs. This is like DICE LA camo levels of not worth it.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018

sure there are extreme outliers like the unemployed but what are normal people supposed to do?
    Even 2 likes wow. But without being offensive, it takes the same time of your next session. No need to quit your job. Or you can cry till they give it away.
  • CS-2107
    A question to you, I hope I get an answer this way. If I translate the morsecode for the "A Beginning"-Tag, and I messed it up a little, but I can assume that only 2 locations would be possible, will the symbol dissappear if I check the wrong location first?

Because I think it works that way. I had a code that I assumed was on Argonne Forest, but I wasn't sure, so I checked all locations and found nothing. I translated the code again, as I thought I messed it up completly. Now I checked on Argonne Forest again and the first location I looked at (which was the last one I checked earlier) there was the code.
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You do not need the ROOM dog tag to do this ... I had OMEN and BELLY OF THE BEAST equipped and the Escalation skin on my LMG ... I used the Perseverance perk with the wrench and did this on my 1st attempt. Thanks for the video.
  • magosnow
    edited June 2018
    A question to you, I hope I get an answer this way. If I translate the morsecode for the "A Beginning"-Tag, and I messed it up a little, but I can assume that only 2 locations would be possible, will the symbol dissappear if I check the wrong location first?

Because I think it works that way. I had a code that I assumed was on Argonne Forest, but I wasn't sure, so I checked all locations and found nothing. I translated the code again, as I thought I messed it up completly. Now I checked on Argonne Forest again and the first location I looked at (which was the last one I checked earlier) there was the code.
    I gues both. It's time based and you can't pick the wrong map too many times. At first i tried to go brute force( tried all maps for a single code,hoping to find the right one) and it was a failure. You can select the wrong map but not too many times.
  • CS-2107
    Can someone please help me out? I am at stage five (clear bulbs on the telegraph) So I know I need to reverse my translated morse code and than decode it via Railfence. However, no matter how I do it, I don't get something that makes sense. Nothing of what I've gotten until now was even close to match one of the phrases you have to search for. I tried to extract the morse by myself and than I used a website that translates morse from MP3 to text. But it all was complete non-sense. I get the message Fourth Rule, Kill all etc. but the letter combination before, which is the part that is interesting does not match anything.

Pls someone help me