The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited June 2018
    I used this video:

With this i didn't need audacity and lookind at spectrographs as the site does everything.
    And recorded all morse codes on monte grappa domination since it has the least noises.
    As for the coder i think they had to have some parameters set in ,to get the correct message.
  • CS-2107
    1541 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    magosnow wrote: »
    I used this video:

With this i didn't need audacity and lookind at spectrographs as the site does everything.
    And recorded all morse codes on monte grappa domination since it has the least noises.
    As for the coder i think they had to have some parameters set in ,to get the correct message.

Okay thanks. I'm gonna try again later.
    Man this is getting on my nerves really, but it is the last thing to do in this game and I want that revolver, my favourite gun that i wanted to be added since launch.
  • b0sk1
    167 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I understand you need to have the escalation skin and the two newest EE dog tags, but has it been confirmed you have to get the other original ones? The only one I don't have (besides the two new ones) is the first one (A beginning) and it just seems like a longer one to accomplish. Thanks in advance!
  • dmccar1001
    627 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    So I understand you need to have the escalation skin and the two newest EE dog tags, but has it been confirmed you have to get the other original ones? The only one I don't have (besides the two new ones) is the first one (A beginning) and it just seems like a longer one to accomplish. Thanks in advance!

For what it is worth I finished without the ROOM dog tag ... I equipped BELLY and OMEN. I'd give it a try ... I made it on the first attempt and whole thing took less than 10 mins.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018
    dmccar1001 wrote: »

For what it is worth I finished without the ROOM dog tag ... I equipped BELLY and OMEN. I'd give it a try ... I made it on the first attempt and whole thing took less than 10 mins.

I had Belly, Omen, and Escalation equipped, unlocked Angel Sighting but have no other EE tags, and I kept dying at the same floor every time. I'd fall to the floor with 100% health, get past the gas, and still magically insta-die on top of the next door.

So far I and several others are under the impression you need every tag aside from the room, in addition to the tags/skin equipped.
  • VXBronsonXV
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Loqtrall wrote: »

I had Belly, Omen, and Escalation equipped, unlocked Angel Sighting but have no other EE tags, and I kept dying at the same floor every time. I'd fall to the floor with 100% health, get past the gas, and still magically insta-die on top of the next door.

So far I and several others are under the impression you need every tag aside from the room, in addition to the tags/skin equipped.

i confirm got belly got angel and the skin .equipped skin,belly and omen.(got 2 of 3 dogtags from phantom-i got conflict missing) keep dying on same place.the strange noise and im dead.just finished the conflict and got the gun on first attempt
    Post edited by VXBronsonXV on
  • CS-2107

It is pretty much confirmed we need all dogtags except the "TheRoom" Tag at this point.

Can someone tell me: For the first Dogtag "A Beginning" when I hear my morse code, do I need to step back and let the telegraph blow up to make the little icon I need to find next appear?
  • CS-2107
    And another thing about this Beginning Dogtag. I need help at the 5. Stage (clear white bulbs on the Telegraph) After decoding my morse code I get:
    "I AECDELTIRLLSTISOAAIC FOURTH RULE. KILL ALL ON SAME TRAIL. REMOVE DOG TAGS AND REPORT TO HOUSE"
    Can anyone tell me from that information, where I have to go next? Because I know I need to decode "IAECDELTIRLLSTISOAAIC" again, but I somehow fail to get a message out of this, that matches anything even closely. Could someone who is more experienced at this tell me what this one translates to?
  • CS-2107
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    And another thing about this Beginning Dogtag. I need help at the 5. Stage (clear white bulbs on the Telegraph) After decoding my morse code I get:
    "I AECDELTIRLLSTISOAAIC FOURTH RULE. KILL ALL ON SAME TRAIL. REMOVE DOG TAGS AND REPORT TO HOUSE"
    Can anyone tell me from that information, where I have to go next? Because I know I need to decode "IAECDELTIRLLSTISOAAIC" again, but I somehow fail to get a message out of this, that matches anything even closely. Could someone who is more experienced at this tell me what this one translates to?

Never mind, I got it now. I was really really stupid. However thanks :-)
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @CS-2107 I think it's "castello isle adriatic". Try it. If it doesn't work, go and grab the headpohone again(basically reset this stage).
  • dbibby1988
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is there any more to this easter egg? I read somewhere on twitter (cant seem to find it again), that one of the Devs was saying theirs more to the tunnel than just the revolver.
  • magosnow
    edited June 2018
    dbibby1988 wrote: »
    Is there any more to this easter egg? I read somewhere on twitter (cant seem to find it again), that one of the Devs was saying theirs more to the tunnel than just the revolver.
    There is a light that morse codes the name of all the people that worked on this project. Maybe he wanted ee hunters to praise their work,which is pretty amazing.
  • CS-2107
    @CS-2107 I think it's "castello isle adriatic". Try it. If it doesn't work, go and grab the headpohone again(basically reset this stage).

Thanks man. I figured it out right after I asked for help here :smiley: I had the decoder on encrypt instead of decrypt, which resultet in me getting some trouble with the translation. Castello Isle Adriatic was the correct answer
  • KarmaKinetic
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is pretty much confirmed we need all dogtags except the "TheRoom" Tag at this point.

Can someone tell me: For the first Dogtag "A Beginning" when I hear my morse code, do I need to step back and let the telegraph blow up to make the little icon I need to find next appear?

thanks for the info!
    I kinda expected it tbh, for the Phantom program in BF4 you also needed to complete every step of the way :)
  • CS-2107

thanks for the info!
    I kinda expected it tbh, for the Phantom program in BF4 you also needed to complete every step of the way :)

Just a tip for everyone who is doing it via spectrogramm and audacity: Just convert the flv-file to mp3 and use the online audio decoder. It is faster and more accurate, so you have to assume less. Also there is an excl tool for solving the candeleer-challange for the "A Conflict" tag, that defenetly helps out a lot.
  • magosnow

thanks for the info!

Just a tip for everyone who is doing it via spectrogramm and audacity: Just convert the flv-file to mp3 and use the online audio decoder. It is faster and more accurate, so you have to assume less. Also there is an excl tool for solving the candeleer-challange for the "A Conflict" tag, that defenetly helps out a lot.
    Did you get the gun?
  • CS-2107

thanks for the info!

Did you get the gun?

Yep I got it now
  • CS-2107

thanks for the info!

Did you get the gun?

And I gotta say the most annoying thing about getting these Dog tags in the end was, that sometimes the "You found the icon" sound did not trigger and I had to move around the symbol for a while. (for the A Beginning Tag)
  • CS-2107
    Thanks for the help guys :-)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

thanks for the info!

Did you get the gun?

And I gotta say the most annoying thing about getting these Dog tags in the end was, that sometimes the "You found the icon" sound did not trigger and I had to move around the symbol for a while. (for the A Beginning Tag)

Nah, the MOST annoying part of that "assignment" is the fact that every single empty Suez server isn't actually empty because of dogtag hunters. Took me a while to find headphones and record all morse codes.