The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    Coronakill wrote: »
    Terdle wrote: »
    duMBTga.jpg
    This is what is found in the bottom right corner of the dark painting. Seriously suspect it to have something to do with the morse code translations.
    (the painting was mentioned, but didnt find a clear image, this is from the painting on Amiens, building at the statue)

agreed, found this suspicious aswell when the image of the painting was posted, i will try and find out what it means.

note however, i ran AAASJPPP through a morse translator and it gave me:

.- .- .- ... .--- .--. .--. .--.

I then took AAASJPPP and gave them their numeric value's and got 111191016 (if i didnt make a screwup with counting)

this 111191016 could, perhaps(?) be a code which can be entered in a hidden button interface, just like the one from @JackFrags video about the lanterns and the dice LA developer player skin

next step? Keep looking for stuff like this

i then devided the numer above with 4(amount of headphones spawning in a map?), which gave me 27797754, when i enter that in google (litteraly typed 27797754 world war 1) i get all kinds of websites shown about world war 1 or websites where people post things about world war 1.

very coincidental it seems.

*update*

NO **** WAY!

this all started with a painting right? guess what?

i took the numer 111191016, figured it could be a date.

added the first 3 number ''1s'', ended up with 3

took 1910 as a year

3-1910

added the 16 for the day

16-3-1910

guess what happened on that date?

Died: Julien Dupré, 59, French painter
    guess what we found in game, a painting with the letters AAASJPP
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Guys u can find the painting in alot of places in that map. For instance if you go inside the Big building u will find alot of copies of the painting. Just so you know.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    Guys u can find the painting in alot of places in that map. For instance if you go inside the Big building u will find alot of copies of the painting. Just so you know.

that wouldnt be weird tho, if there is only 1 painting in a whole map and someone manages to blow up the building, BOOM, gone painting.

it might be nothing i scribbeled out but i found it to suspicious to completely ignore it.
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

that wouldnt be weird tho, if there is only 1 painting in a whole map and someone manages to blow up the building, BOOM, gone painting.

it might be nothing i scribbeled out but i found it to suspicious to completely ignore it.

Yes, nice job. Interesting approach. As for the building I was talking about it the the Huge castle in Ballroom Blitz and it can't be destroyed.
  • RaXoR30
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    duMBTga.jpg
    This is what is found in the bottom right corner of the dark painting. Seriously suspect it to have something to do with the morse code translations.
    (the painting was mentioned, but didnt find a clear image, this is from the painting on Amiens, building at the statue)

agreed, found this suspicious aswell when the image of the painting was posted, i will try and find out what it means.

I've seen this in military before, i can't remember where. A crossing sign or something. it's on maps in other video games and i believe i saw it on band of brothers DVD, just before you start the movies they have map's with logo's and stuff.

Anyway i'll contribute something. You are all going crazy with this morse code stuff, don't forget the original code talkers of ww1 & 2 : The Navajo:

168677264.png
  • RenegadeX5
    Also this is on every mcom. Could be just a design choice. But so you know...
    http://imgur.com/L773gjC
  • Coronakill

seems fairly familair, as if i've seen them on walls or objects during the BF4 EEH, good idea to check other Mcoms out for this aswell.
  • RenegadeX5

seems fairly familair, as if i've seen them on walls or objects during the BF4 EEH, good idea to check other Mcoms out for this aswell.

I'v checked almost all of them and I can say it's the same.
  • Coronakill

I'v checked almost all of them and I can say it's the same.

hmm, might be some random detail on the stations to make them look less boring, just for design.
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    To me it looks like a compass a little bit, N/E/S/W... Maybe AA stands for N?
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    duMBTga.jpg

Co-Worker of mine recognized this cross with letters, its a form of code messaging, you need to switch the letters out with the opposite located letters to deciver a code.

anything may be filled in there, letters, numbers, as long as you switch out the letters or numbers with the location of the opposite located letter.

For example, AA above PP below, you can switch them out so the AA gets placed at the bottom and PP can be placed at the top.

left to right is the same AS can be switched out with JP, however, you dont switch out the J with the A but with the S

so they get placed like this: AS(left) JP(right) AS becomes PJ and JP becomes SA instead.

so you get:

PP (top) PJ (left) AA(bottom) SA (right)
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    duMBTga.jpg

So i looked through all of julien' paintings, and all he painted were farm related things. Nothing to do with seas, and certainly not something dark.
    Then took another look at the painting on the map ballroom blitz, there are tons of the same painting there, and noticed it looked a lot like a screenshot. I first assumed it was the map fao fortress, but the sea was way too calm to match. And I havent been playing long enough to know which events take place on which maps. Is there a map that has a storm/hurricane on it, and also has water/sea?
    I assumed the painting shows you where to stand during such weather.

• THE_M1LK_M4N
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    Most likely unrelated...trying to go to settings on the battlefield website I got this prompt. Possibly the way to enter a code?

ed5yWNu.png
  • Coronakill
    duMBTga.jpg

So i looked through all of julien' paintings, and all he painted were farm related things. Nothing to do with seas, and certainly not something dark.
    Then took another look at the painting on the map ballroom blitz, there are tons of the same painting there, and noticed it looked a lot like a screenshot. I first assumed it was the map fao fortress, but the sea was way too calm to match. And I havent been playing long enough to know which events take place on which maps. Is there a map that has a storm/hurricane on it, and also has water/sea?

dont think it would be related but, Paracel Storm in BF4 DOES match those criteria, seas going from calm to massive storms and a destroyer ship crashing into the islands.
  • dwysywd
    123 postsMember Member
    duMBTga.jpg

dont think it would be related but, Paracel Storm in BF4 DOES match those criteria, seas going from calm to massive storms and a destroyer ship crashing into the islands.

I thought it was too early to releases an EE, but wouldn't surprise me if they included BF4 into this. Heck, you had to get the pistol kills in BF4 to unlock a skin in BF1.
  • Coronakill
    Most likely unrelated...trying to go to settings on the battlefield website I got this prompt. Possibly the way to enter a code?

ed5yWNu.png

Correct, i get the same and i can, indeed, fill in stuff after the ''bf>'' part
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    dwysywd wrote: »
    duMBTga.jpg

I thought it was too early to releases an EE, but wouldn't surprise me if they included BF4 into this. Heck, you had to get the pistol kills in BF4 to unlock a skin in BF1.

exactly my thought, well, lets go installing BF4 again then ^^

look at my other reply on the ''battlefield.com/career'' mobile page, you get the screenshot which is shown above but also have the option to fill in information in that screen.

not only the mobile page, normal, desktop browser gives the same problem/input screen
  • _Sn4perino
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

ed5yWNu.png

I had a bug with the UI that happened weeks before the open Beta, so I think this is not related to an EE of any kind
  • Coronakill
    _Sn4perino wrote: »

ed5yWNu.png

I had a bug with the UI that happened weeks before the open Beta, so I think this is not related to an EE of any kind

on the other hand, why would casual random players be able to fill in information in half **** sections of the website?

• Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    I checked out the Javascript (404page.js) controlling this input field on the 404 page. The 5 options the pages give you (the numbers) seem to be the only ones that its listening for. So probably unrelated.