Weekly BF

The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    magosnow wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    b0sk1 wrote: »
    So I understand you need to have the escalation skin and the two newest EE dog tags, but has it been confirmed you have to get the other original ones? The only one I don't have (besides the two new ones) is the first one (A beginning) and it just seems like a longer one to accomplish. Thanks in advance!
    dmccar1001 wrote: »
    So I understand you need to have the escalation skin and the two newest EE dog tags, but has it been confirmed you have to get the other original ones? The only one I don't have (besides the two new ones) is the first one (A beginning) and it just seems like a longer one to accomplish. Thanks in advance!

For what it is worth I finished without the ROOM dog tag ... I equipped BELLY and OMEN. I'd give it a try ... I made it on the first attempt and whole thing took less than 10 mins.

I had Belly, Omen, and Escalation equipped, unlocked Angel Sighting but have no other EE tags, and I kept dying at the same floor every time. I'd fall to the floor with 100% health, get past the gas, and still magically insta-die on top of the next door.

So far I and several others are under the impression you need every tag aside from the room, in addition to the tags/skin equipped.

It is pretty much confirmed we need all dogtags except the "TheRoom" Tag at this point.

Can someone tell me: For the first Dogtag "A Beginning" when I hear my morse code, do I need to step back and let the telegraph blow up to make the little icon I need to find next appear?

thanks for the info!
    I kinda expected it tbh, for the Phantom program in BF4 you also needed to complete every step of the way :)

Just a tip for everyone who is doing it via spectrogramm and audacity: Just convert the flv-file to mp3 and use the online audio decoder. It is faster and more accurate, so you have to assume less. Also there is an excl tool for solving the candeleer-challange for the "A Conflict" tag, that defenetly helps out a lot.
    Did you get the gun?

And I gotta say the most annoying thing about getting these Dog tags in the end was, that sometimes the "You found the icon" sound did not trigger and I had to move around the symbol for a while. (for the A Beginning Tag)

Nah, the MOST annoying part of that "assignment" is the fact that every single empty Suez server isn't actually empty because of dogtag hunters. Took me a while to find headphones and record all morse codes.

I did it on Maps like Ballroom Blitz and even Fao Fortress. In the early stages that works, as the message is still intact and you just need to assume a little to find out which message you got. However in the last 3 stages I wouldn't advice it. Rather wait for an empty suez server
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

For what it is worth I finished without the ROOM dog tag ... I equipped BELLY and OMEN. I'd give it a try ... I made it on the first attempt and whole thing took less than 10 mins.

I had Belly, Omen, and Escalation equipped, unlocked Angel Sighting but have no other EE tags, and I kept dying at the same floor every time. I'd fall to the floor with 100% health, get past the gas, and still magically insta-die on top of the next door.

So far I and several others are under the impression you need every tag aside from the room, in addition to the tags/skin equipped.

It is pretty much confirmed we need all dogtags except the "TheRoom" Tag at this point.

Can someone tell me: For the first Dogtag "A Beginning" when I hear my morse code, do I need to step back and let the telegraph blow up to make the little icon I need to find next appear?

thanks for the info!
    I kinda expected it tbh, for the Phantom program in BF4 you also needed to complete every step of the way :)

Just a tip for everyone who is doing it via spectrogramm and audacity: Just convert the flv-file to mp3 and use the online audio decoder. It is faster and more accurate, so you have to assume less. Also there is an excl tool for solving the candeleer-challange for the "A Conflict" tag, that defenetly helps out a lot.
    Did you get the gun?

Yep I got it now
    Congrats. You did it in 2 days while also posting here......instead of just posting here eheh.
  • CS-2107

thanks for the info!

Did you get the gun?

Yep I got it now
    Congrats. You did it in 2 days while also posting here......instead of just posting here eheh.

Tbh I did it while I was working actually (I'm working at home on weekends, which is pretty annoying, but it is only temporary until the company hires someone new to help me out, so I was recording and did some research while I solved the eastereggs). I would say the total time I put into just the easter egg would probably be 4 hours.
  • Xx-Antino0b-xX
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Hello guys, I need help, I cant with this morse code, someone can you help me please? https://vocaroo.com/i/s0B1iihKsi38
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dang, only need to get the Escalation skin before going for the Peacekeeper...
    But only a handfull of servers available which are occupied with other EE-hunters. :|
  • herodes87
    1286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I got my Colt at Saturday!

I was cursing alot at the "A Conflict" Dogtag. On console it is a little bit harder to understand at which point the sandbags are on the map.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have a Question....Is there also a Backside Dogtag when finished those EE`s?
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited July 2018
    I have a Question....Is there also a Backside Dogtag when finished those EE`s?

There is a total black back dogtag,when you get 100 kills with the revolver. It has written "you're pretty good" (metal gear reference) in latin,or french i don't know. I also don't know if it displays your kills when in the kill cam. Ah right the latest 2 EE dogtags are backside.
  • NumberSixIT
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is my new dogtag

• CS-2107
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    Dang, only need to get the Escalation skin before going for the Peacekeeper...
    But only a handfull of servers available which are occupied with other EE-hunters. :|

Give it a week or two. Than you'll have it much easier
  • zenn_nme
    815 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Give it a week or two. Than you'll have it much easier

Yeah, actually managed to do them on an oddly hour; 6 in the morning (GMT). B)
    BTW; If anyone needs help with decoding morse/cyphers, hit me up in the help thread! o:)

• MIDASSSS140
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hello, please help me, I want to get a badge of a sign, but the morse tells me this: TOO DANGEROUS AT THIS TIME CURRENTLY WAITING CHANCE TO MOST
  • Collision_TN
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello, please help me, I want to get a badge of a sign, but the morse tells me this: TOO DANGEROUS AT THIS TIME CURRENTLY WAITING CHANCE TO MOST

Doing Zeebrugge puzzle for An Omen Dog Tag? Make sure you're standing on the top of the right water tower (closest to trenches) and not to move once you climbed the ladder.
  • DANNYonPC
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

2 new neebs things

Haven't actually found a way to find the morseneebs tho
  • Collision_TN
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2018
    As found and confirmed by @LoganTheBrawler , the real way to make Neebs sing and hear it on your Infiltrator's headphones is to equip the War Tuba dog tag:

The following events do not, in any way, act as alternatives to activate the secret feature:
    • presence of at least one extra player;
    • shooting;
    • standing somewhere specific, such as Cape Helles' barns.

As a reminder, once you pick up the kit with the right requirement, you should be first hearing a random part of Neebs skatting/singing that lasts indefinitely before you can hear a second part of a Battlefield Friends' discussion. Once both parts are heard, the first part will keep looping forever as long as you don't do specific actions (refer to my video description) and you shouldn't be, in any way, hearing a normal Morse code transmission unless you leave the server to unequip the dog tag.

As originally heard in-game, this transmission should also be quieter and unclearer than what you might have heard before in a different and older video.

You can find more info my video description regarding this Easter egg.
    I hope I made it clear for some of you B)
    Post edited by Collision_TN on