Weekly Debrief

The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• RaXoR30
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    tonight on fao fortress the dreadnaught that came out was in dazzle zebra skin. is this normal? I got it on video
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    yakuncha wrote: »
    jack frags and all the top youtubers recieved a package frim EA with a codename(poss cyoher key) and a tobacco tin with a secret code inside

Don't spread false rumors please. Jackfrags was the only one to get a piece of paper inside the tobacco tin.
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RaXoR30 wrote: »
    tonight on fao fortress the dreadnaught that came out was in dazzle zebra skin. is this normal? I got it on video

Can u link it?
  • BDM_JOSH
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    There was a WW1 Bow, germans used grenades with it to shoot into trenches.. http://pin.it/pD_shC2
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BDM_JOSH wrote: »
    There was a WW1 Bow, germans used grenades with it to shoot into trenches.. http://pin.it/pD_shC2

THAT would be a viable thing for dice to put in the game as they also put in a bow in BF4 after alot of EE hunting.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    alright folks!

weekend is comming, lots of BF1 EEH time.

my twitch will be up again at around 20:00 Dutch time

twitch.tv/coronakill

gonne be looking for stuff again, please join me if you cant participate in game and might see something on screen that i might not directly see.
  • RenegadeX5
    Made this google doc about the Frederick Jud Waugh story.
    You can suggest things if u want.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KlfPLqPxhHltmWQRKx-U5W4k_-qUzm7gM7T5b6M9hKU/edit
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    ^this

Also, i am still convinced we need to find more things around/on maps that will direct us in certain directions.
    as i stated before, things like items, paintings with scribblings like the one with the cross which was found earlier, objects, texts on walls/boxes and whatnot.
    anything that will not be very eye catching (like the near invisible map of Paracel Storm being painted on walls in BF4)

I'm not a big decoder/calculus person so i wont be focussing on the calculations or decoding (as i just suck at it).

anything you need checked out on a map or searched up around the internet? Give me a PM through Google+ or PM me through the forums.
    gladly will look it up for you!
  • scar_azzkikr
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KlfPLqPxhHltmWQRKx-U5W4k_-qUzm7gM7T5b6M9hKU/edit

nice work mate!
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If you look back in the forum, I was the first to suggest the Leviathan theory. Not the ship, but the creature. I don't mean to be snobby but I would like credit where it is deserved. Thanks!
  • RenegadeX5

If you look back in the forum, I was the first to suggest the Leviathan theory. Not the ship, but the creature. I don't mean to be snobby but I would like credit where it is deserved. Thanks!

Thanks. I probably didn't see your comment but will update it.
  • IllBlack_RainllI
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    This thought just crossed my mind...

So in BF4, the first Megalodon was on Nasha Strike and was NOT related to the Phantom Project.... All you needed to do was get 10 players around a buoy and it would spawn.

So.... the Leviathan could (and most likely) is completely unrelated to the morse codes that are on ALL the maps. It wouldn't really make sense to have a sea creature EE related to morse codes that are one every other map. Most of the maps are inland and not near water. I personally think that another forum thread needs to be opened (I will create one) so we can focus on Leviathan related content there and focus on the new program/morse code decryption stuff here....

Just my 2 cents :)

Here is the thread I created for the Leviathan: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/48477/leviathan-easter-egg#latest
  • Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    The painting EE comes with a symbol many believe to be a pigpen cypher. And is shown on a painting by judd waugh, who also painted armor for the leviathan which we assume to be the dreadnaught. It ties in ingame with the dazzle skin that is available for the dreadnought, which might have a clue on it to help us progress.
    Currently there is already knowledge of an EE with the dreadnaught where it will blast out the Jaws theme with its horn.

Right now we are working on the morse code that can be heard after picking up the headphones and standing near the "mcom" on several maps excluding ballroom blitz.
    darkrobb wrote: »
    ok, i went and tried to write my morse code down that i heard.
    i did the one in Fao Fortress, headphones on the ridge next to D point if im correct.

(-. --- .-. -. ..../.--. .--./.-.. .- ... .. -.)
    this translates to
    "NORNH PP LASIN"

i need to look this over still, and i made more vids for myself so i can compair the others with the one i just did.
    the only thing in this that stands out for me is the "PP", thats because its in the cypher found on the painting.

Horn signal? I mean we already know there's an easter egg with the dreadnaught on fao fortress where the horn does the jaws theme. Maybe its part of a bigger easter egg?
  • Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    people going leviathan and stuff.
    have we checked this out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Leviathan_(1901)

HMS leviathan was an armoured cruiser used in world war one.
    perhaps we can find some references to this thing? Since we are going at ships anyway ^^

• Terdle
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The code from jackfrags' tin (happy birthday jack)
    H 2.
    L 8,8
    Per 12

Source:
  • M0useZA
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Since we are all talking Morse code here just stumbled across this and thought I should share -
    Got to love these types of videos :)
  • RenegadeX5
    I did a test. I recorded 5 codes for each headphone on Fao Fortress. So 5 codes x 5 headphones 25 codes... I kept note of which Hp had wich set of codes. Today I went back on Fao fortress and tested the same headphone. Again 5 codes. Now the set of 5 codes is different even though the same hedaphone but 1 code is identical to the one recorded yesterday. And I'v dont this test with codes from other maps and I'v noticed a trend when parts of some codes are identical. Here is the example I was talking about on FaoFortress:
    http://imgur.com/YiDFhTg

Everytime the starting or ending points of codes that stand alonside the identical ones are similar. They either start or end similarly.
  • Foodie88
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2016
    I did a test. I recorded 5 codes for each headphone on Fao Fortress. So 5 codes x 5 headphones 25 codes... I kept note of which Hp had wich set of codes. Today I went back on Fao fortress and tested the same headphone. Again 5 codes. Now the set of 5 codes is different even though the same hedaphone but 1 code is identical to the one recorded yesterday. And I'v dont this test with codes from other maps and I'v noticed a trend when parts of some codes are identical. Here is the example I was talking about on FaoFortress:

Everytime the starting or ending points of codes that stand alonside the identical ones are similar. They either start or end similarly.

Hey this might be something! It has some significance if you bring the quote from the painter in: “if you can do so, grab the whole thing in one continuous period of time. Your work will have the vitality and snap it needs to convey its full significance”. It could be that a large part of each code is gibberish, just a smaller part is meaningful. That part will be identical everytime, other parts will be random. Maybe this is the way to identify what information to select!

Or maybe even this: we overlay ALL codes and check for trends there!

• DerT0bey
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

I did something similar. I recorded 22 codes all from Suez. One of them I heard 6 times. And 4 times there was a code which is nearly identical to this one, only the first 2 or 3 characters were different.
    As I said in a post before i guess that it doesnt matter on which map you are. Every MCOM seem to plays a code out of a "pool" or something and the map doesnt affect that. I found a video of a morse code from Fao which was EXATCLY the same I heard on Suez.
  • RenegadeX5
    This is from different maps. Empires Edge and Fao Fortress
    http://imgur.com/JKMNkM3
    Same trend.