The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• whitesnake81
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ignore this post. Just post quick so I can come back.
  • robkrush
    271 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    --After Patch Changes---
    -Morse is now clear and identical in every MCOM no matter the HP, no matter the map, and the morse sais

.--. .-. . ...- .. --- ..- ... | -- . ... ... .- --. . | -.-. --- .-. .-. ..- .--. - . -.. = "PREVIOUS MESSAGE CORRUPTED"

.- .-- .- .. - | ..-. ..- .-. - .... . .-. | .. -. ... - .-. ..- -.-. - .. --- -. ... = "AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS"

-it keeps looping that message until the MCOM explodes, possibly mean DICE failed up on the previous morse messages which they're CORRUPTED.. wait for somethin new....

http://bfee.co/ community

That's very interesting. One of our theories was that the message was not working correctly. Looks like we were correct.
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    has the box from ballroom blitz already been found? because I saw one on it

where did you see it?

I saw it on operations. if you are on the defending team, if you all the way till almost the edge of the map you'll see one in a trench. it's on the first phase, set of capture points. I hope you can find it.

When did u see that? Before or after todays update?
  • dddaniel-99
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    Coronakill wrote: »
    has the box from ballroom blitz already been found? because I saw one on it

where did you see it?

I saw it on operations. if you are on the defending team, if you all the way till almost the edge of the map you'll see one in a trench. it's on the first phase, set of capture points. I hope you can find it.

When did u see that? Before or after todays update?

after todays update
  • SwankyFrame
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am on an official server on PS4 playing conquest on ballroom blitz and I am looking at the mcom as we speak. It's confirmed there is one here after the patch last night, I will try to upload a pic. It is in a trench on the very edge of the map on the northeast side of the map
  • SwankyFrame
    By the A flag. Just follow the right edge of the map all the way around and you will find the trench.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    army1116 wrote: »
    What's that green metal box with radio equipment on the back side of fao fortress in the rocks do?
    That is the main topic of this easter egg discussion, you can find headphones around the map and then if you go to a "box" (usually referred to as an MCOM) you'll hear a code playing from it, that's basically as far as we've gotten. The latest news is that @RaXoR30 has possibly found out what type of code it is using and is awaiting a real life book to decode these messages. Hope that helps!

Thank you for the detailed reply I just swam across going to the flags and I stumbled upon it then 2 squad mates spawned on me and we were all looking at it shooting it meleeing it and so forth.
  • SwankyFrame
    edited November 2016
    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15032914_153669825105204_5754752311341594951_n.jpg?oh=681db0f5aba7c31d53db4bd0855500cb&oe=58C6FF65

Above is the detailed pic with the map in front and the new MCOM in the background, somebody please tweet it at JackFrags as soon as possible, I don't have a twitter. Idk what time it is in the UK, but I'm sure he would be thrilled to see this! (Hopefully he puts this in one of his YouTube videos and mentions me haha.)

Now we need people sweeping the map for headphones to get the Morse code message! Make sure to get in a plane and look on the roof of the building too! Good luck everyone!
    Post edited by SwankyFrame on
  • SoulDevourer313
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15032914_153669825105204_5754752311341594951_n.jpg?oh=681db0f5aba7c31d53db4bd0855500cb&oe=58C6FF65

Above is the detailed pic with the map in front and the new MCOM in the background, somebody please tweet it at JackFrags as soon as possible, I don't have a twitter. Idk what time it is in the UK, but I'm sure he would be thrilled to see this! (Hopefully he puts this in one of his YouTube videos and mentions me haha.)

Now we need people sweeping the map for headphones to get the Morse code message! Good luck everyone!

I can confirm this MCOM as well.
  • Mowens87
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So is there any idea or indication what to do with the morse codes once they are all found?
  • GuineaPigFilms
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mowens87 wrote: »
    So is there any idea or indication what to do with the morse codes once they are all found?

According to today's update "wait for further instructions". Watch the new Jackfrags video
  • Matty101yttam
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    here's a quick 'guestimate'
    Even though the messages were corrupted(i'm guessing due to cpu issues) the messages WERE different, so a similar approach will be had where all messages must be collected.
    The fact that every map has the mcomms and the fact that there is multiple messages per map suggest a point to point series of actions needed to be completed for each map, for instance:
    -Find the start by the door of the southern most fort.
    -Head north till you reach a wooden box, then use a hatchet to get whats inside(keep in mind melee weapons now have damage types so they can track what you use).
    -Take this item and place it in the blue mailbox at 24a.

I'm thinking it will end up with 1 unlocked 'item' per map that is then used in an upcoming map to open a room.
    I'm also guessing that the unlock map was supposed to be ballroom but they changed it since nothing was going to be unlocked(maybe the last missing unlock was supposed to be a map we don't have but they did a switch).

lot of guesses and maybe's but i cant wait to see how close i am :)
  • StaaleJonko
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I want to take a look at the map for some headphones. Does the game need to be with a certain amount of players or something?
  • Matty101yttam
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just join an empty server and give them a couple of minutes to spawn.
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    3 HP on BB was already confirmed! correct? there is a list here to show the maps where still have HP missing?
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jiraya83 wrote: »
    3 HP on BB was already confirmed! correct? there is a list here to show the maps where still have HP missing?

there is, browse through the pages a bit, couple of people have posted them somewhere.
  • Jiraya83
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sharing with you guys what have been founded in discord

<!--CURRENT NUMBER OF HEADPHONES FOUND--> [updated 16/11/2016]

<map name="FAO_FORTRESS" HEADPHONES="5"></>
    <map name="MONTE_GRAPPA" HEADPHONES="5"></>
    <map name="ARGONNE_FOREST" HEADPHONES="5"></>
    <map name="AMIENS" HEADPHONES="5"></>
    <map name="SUEZ" HEADPHONES="5"></>
    <map name="EMPIRE_EDGE" HEADPHONES="4"></>
    <map name="SQ_SCAR" HEADPHONES="3"></>
    <map name="BALLROOM" HEADPHONES="3"></>
    <map name="SINAI" HEADPHONES="2"></>

since i didnt find not much other days while playing in empty server, I will try to confirm if the already found stay in the same place after the patch

• RaXoR30
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
  • owltro
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    RaXoR30 wrote:
    got it boys. :DCxhYmWoVQAAukAG.jpg:large
    That's dedication right there...