The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• RvG_SirDoDDo
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Coronakill wrote: »
    If they are going to make another easter egg series like they did in BF4 we might have to look for input methods or hints leading us to something else, the headphones are a cool thing but just the headphones and Mcom stations we still have no clue what direction we are being pushed into.

Lets look for things that relate to (for example) the phantom program, writings on walls, flickering lights, text on boxes and wall, hidden objects (Headphones confirmed yay) or radio transmissions throughout different maps.

i havent seen/went to find anything yet because i enjoy the game so much, it's **** epic but i will keep an eye out for this stuff.

just like we found, for the first time ever back in bf4, the megalodon.
    i was there recording it when we found it.

if you have anything worthy of mentioning, pop me a PM or a message through G+/youtube and i will get my **** in there and start recording to upload it to YT

Yeah, i'm still waiting for one of @jjju's misterious clues...
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they are going to make another easter egg series like they did in BF4 we might have to look for input methods or hints leading us to something else, the headphones are a cool thing but just the headphones and Mcom stations we still have no clue what direction we are being pushed into.

Lets look for things that relate to (for example) the phantom program, writings on walls, flickering lights, text on boxes and wall, hidden objects (Headphones confirmed yay) or radio transmissions throughout different maps.

i havent seen/went to find anything yet because i enjoy the game so much, it's **** epic but i will keep an eye out for this stuff.

if you have anything worthy of mentioning, pop me a PM or a message through G+/youtube and i will get my **** in there and start recording to upload it to YT

i swear to god, if that guy comes up with another Fibonacci code i am going to scream.
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP/Moderators:

Can the Title be changed to something more suitable for the easter egg hunt?

Like ''Battlefield 1 Easter egg hunt'' ?
  • RvG_SirDoDDo

i swear to god, if that guy comes up with another Fibonacci code i am going to scream.

lul
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    edited October 2016
    So, does anybody have an idea about the codes that have been translated? I think we are at a deadlock right now... if we cant find anything else...
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So, does anybody have an idea about the codes that have been translated? I think we are at a deadlock right now... if we cant find anything else...

Since what we have has a lot of variance we have to look at getting it right, and then we can figure out what the cap those random letters mean.

It would be hilarious if this ehole thing was a prank from DICE
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    edited October 2016

Since what we have has a lot of variance we have to look at getting it right, and then we can figure out what the cap those random letters mean.

It would be hilarious if this ehole thing was a prank from DICE

Yeah, the problem is there are too many variants. We should kinda restrict the field of research...
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Also since the audio clips aren't clean audio (there's noise) it probably needs to be done "by hand" to be sure, rather than use some of the phone apps out there. I would reccomend writting it down in dots and dashes and then running it through here http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html
  • disposalist
    8443 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is this connected to the one time when I used the telegraph to sent orders to artillery and instead of the normal dots and dashes monotones it played the BF theme?
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    Is this connected to the one time when I used the telegraph to sent orders to artillery and instead of the normal dots and dashes monotones it played the BF theme?

I'm pretty sure it's not. But who knows
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016

This might not be a JJJJJU thing
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    DANNYonPC wrote: »

This might not be a JJJJJU thing

So who could give us some hints?
  • autisem
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    From Ameins Morse Code I got: "GO SET IETA WE OI S TENTIM E H SETE IITM MAEN" I don't know if the first two words are a coincidence or what..
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    edited October 2016
    Just had an Idea, if we're getting different results what if we need to take into account what team you're on? Has someone already said this? Perhaps it would come in a different language (perhaps the letters stand for something) or even the code could be different?

I researched and found this guy:
    "Nowadays equipment exists to take an outgoing radio signal and automatically encrypt the data or voices during transmission, this is 'on-line' encryption... This generally didn't exist during WW2, so the best way of making sure your data was secure was by using 'off-line' encryption - I.e.: taking the text of your original message and encrypting the text itself (manually or mechanically) into an incomprehinsible set of seemingly random letters before transmitting the encrypted set of goobledegook... At the far end some guy would note down the serious of random letters, feed them through the same mechanical or manual decoding system in reverse, hopefully reproducing the plain text message you actually sent." https://www.quora.com/How-was-Morse-code-used-in-World-War-II (I realize he's talking about WW2, probably did the same thing though)

Perhaps there's more than just Mcom and headphones?
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just wait for dice to feed the answers to youtubers like always.
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    edited October 2016
    Just had an Idea, if we're getting different results what if we need to take into account what team you're on? Has someone already said this? Perhaps it would come in a different language (perhaps the letters stand for something) or even the code could be different?

I researched and found this guy:
    "Nowadays equipment exists to take an outgoing radio signal and automatically encrypt the data or voices during transmission, this is 'on-line' encryption... This generally didn't exist during WW2, so the best way of making sure your data was secure was by using 'off-line' encryption - I.e.: taking the text of your original message and encrypting the text itself (manually or mechanically) into an incomprehinsible set of seemingly random letters before transmitting the encrypted set of goobledegook... At the far end some guy would note down the serious of random letters, feed them through the same mechanical or manual decoding system in reverse, hopefully reproducing the plain text message you actually sent." https://www.quora.com/How-was-Morse-code-used-in-World-War-II

Perhaps there's more than just Mcom and headphones?

Yeah, iirc that's how a german machine (cant remember its name) worked. But how should we put this back to its comprehensible form?

Edit: maybe you need to have all the headphones collected to hear the original message? Probably many have already tried tho
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Also since the audio clips aren't clean audio (there's noise) it probably needs to be done "by hand" to be sure, rather than use some of the phone apps out there. I would reccomend writting it down in dots and dashes and then running it through here http://morsecode.scphillips.com/translator.html

The problem with these morse codes is that they sometimes sound glitchy and it's hard to decide where the space is needed.
  • Coronakill
    i suggest, before we try and decode half known information, we go looking for more hints and hidden ''objects'' in game before we actualy try to deciver half **** information.

As i said before, go look on different maps for hidden messages, images, writings on walls, objects and references to certain things.

couple of days ago i saw a dude upload a vid on youtube about a morsecode thingy in BF4 refering back to something to BF1 ( was a light flickering on the map with the half sunk asian restaurant boat in the drainable lake)

might be something someone could look into.
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    edited October 2016
    i suggest, before we try and decode half known information, we go looking for more hints and hidden ''objects'' in game before we actualy try to deciver half **** information.

As i said before, go look on different maps for hidden messages, images, writings on walls, objects and references to certain things.

couple of days ago i saw a dude upload a vid on youtube about a morsecode thingy in BF4 refering back to something to BF1 ( was a light flickering on the map with the half sunk asian restaurant boat in the drainable lake)

might be something someone could look into.

Agreed. Also perhaps include on person items, like uniform or weapon camo, since camo is very different in how its obtained in BF1...maybe... doesnt hurt to be too thurough.

Any thought on if they would put something in the campaign this time?
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    the morse has nothing to do with headphones it was found in beta