The big Easter egg hunt has started again - Discussion topic

Comments

• Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    right, one thing i noticed.

i went into the battlefield.com page and went into career, then i went into the Medal section, scrolling down a bit and i found the following medal with this description:

Online Phantom

Awarded to players who attend any of the Battlefield 1 online events.

Now the description seems rather general, the medal however ''kind of'' hints to the Phantom program back in BF4 with the skull being used in the medal and the name of the medal, ''Online Phantom.

Any idea's from someone else?
    perhaps the medal needs to be unlocked in a may which is ''unusual'' compared to the normal way the game is played (like getting achievements from the Phantom Bow in BF4)

*Update*

Just found out that Online Phantom refers to a kind of Bootcamp website from battlefield itself.

Link: https://www.battlefield.com/nl-nl/games/battlefield-1/tips

so nothing worthy of checking out.

Only thing i found interesting is that they use ''Phantom'' as medal name
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Coronakill wrote: »

i went into the battlefield.com page and went into career, then i went into the Medal section, scrolling down a bit and i found the following medal with this description:

Online Phantom

Now the description seems rather general, the medal however ''kind of'' hints to the Phantom program back in BF4 with the skull being used in the medal and the name of the medal, ''Online Phantom.

perhaps the medal needs to be unlocked in a may which is ''unusual'' compared to the normal way the game is played (like getting achievements from the Phantom Bow in BF4)

I'm 99% i have that medal unlocked (watched all the streams) and there's nothing strange. However, the name and the image are very interesting
  • Sir_Jordangerous
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yakuncha wrote: »
    the morse has nothing to do with headphones it was found in beta

well, that was the beta. I remember finding the St Quentin Mcom during the first day or so, and it didn't do anything, no matter what I did. DICE probably added that requirement before the release.
  • RvG_SirDoDDo

Online Phantom

*Update*

Just found out that Online Phantom refers to a kind of Bootcamp website from battlefield itself.

WAIT! I just got an idea: maybe to hear the correct morse codes or smth else you need to have that medal equipped and have collected all the headphones! I dont have the headphones so could someone else who has the medal please try?
  • Coronakill
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Online Phantom

*Update*

WAIT! I just got an idea: maybe to hear the correct morse codes or smth else you need to have that medal equipped and have collected all the headphones! I dont have the headphones so could someone else who has the medal please try?

this could be a good lead to try out, as you also had to equip different dogtags/banners in BF4 to use the elevator to get down to the Phantom Bow Area.

perhaps, just an idea, try and use different people with different medals, i see binoculairs (eyes) use the headphones (ears) and something with a mouth related medal? microphone or pidgeon (messages sent by pidgeons to be their ''mouths'')?
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    that would be a pretty crappy elitist easter egg if so
  • Coronakill
    that would be a pretty crappy elitist easter egg if so

You must be new to easter eggs in the battlefield series i assume? ^^ never been there during the ''fibonacci'' sequences have you? :P
  • yakuncha
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    yes i have from bf3 gimp.just saying if you have to have attended an event to solve/trigger then its aimed at youtubers....
    also have you considered that like phantom program you may need to have premium pass?
  • yakuncha
    edited October 2016
    also in bf4 if i remember right the command detail on the leaderboards where you typed epic dream world was left open once phantom bow was found and people were speculating there was more to come, to perhaps open the door in bow room....im thinking maybe we could have a cross game easter egg and some detail from this find may need entering on that screen via battlelog
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    yes i have from bf3 gimp.just saying if you have to have attended an event to solve/trigger then its aimed at youtubers....
    also have you considered that like phantom program you may need to have premium pass?

i have the medal but i'm not a youtuber. you just needed to watch one of the livestream events...
  • Coronakill
    anyone knows if the current Phantom Program website from battlelog (the BF4 version) is still showing the same stage as it did when BF4 was a thing? the skull button at the lower part of the website where the command interface showed up with the ''bumpinthenight'' and ''epicdreamworld'' code needed to be filled in?

i just logged in and it says phase 4 but cant recall if phase 4 is the one where BF4 ended with easter eggs
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2016
    aah the leaderboards? lemme check

__

Phase 4 now active. Physical access restriction in place.

didnt expect much else tho
  • RvG_SirDoDDo
    DANNYonPC wrote: »
    aah the leaderboards? lemme check

__

Phase 4 now active. Physical access restriction in place.

didnt expect much else tho

Danny what do you think about trying to interact with the MCOMs having the "Online Phantom" dogtag equipped and after having collected all the headphones?
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    Guys if you want to dive into decrypting what it seems to be morse codes I put togther this short tutorial on how to read the code with Audacity. Very easy.

Also keep in mind that the hardest thing in this case can be spoting where pauses go. U may want to look for that.
  • Coronakill
    RenegadeX5 wrote: »
    Guys if you want to dive into decrypting what it seems to be morse codes I put togther this short tutorial on how to read the code with Audacity. Very easy.

Also keep in mind that the hardest thing in this case can be spoting where pauses go. U may want to look for that.

awesome, good addition.
    however i am a complete Rtard when it comes to morse, eventho i tried it several times. can someone post the translated text or numbers in this thread?, the more people get the information the better and faster we can start putting words/sentances out there.

• Coronakill
    @DANNYonPC
    can you add usefull websites for decrypting/decoding/anagram solvers in the main post you made?

i found which helped me out ALOT during the phantom program back in BF4: anagram-solver.net

using tools like these might not Always give an answer or solution but it can rule out ALOT of incorrect things which people come up with to decrease the clutter and static we get while trying to solve the information people bring in.
  • yakuncha
    anyone knows if the current Phantom Program website from battlelog (the BF4 version) is still showing the same stage as it did when BF4 was a thing? the skull button at the lower part of the website where the command interface showed up with the ''bumpinthenight'' and ''epicdreamworld'' code needed to be filled in?

i just logged in and it says phase 4 but cant recall if phase 4 is the one where BF4 ended with easter eggs

thats what i said???
  • Coronakill
    Also, another addition which might be usefull, if people know the in game names or forum names of moderators PLEASE share them with us.
    during BF4 EEH we got hints through profiles of moderators, might want to keep an eye out for those aswell.

• Coronakill
    edited October 2016
    *ignore this, wrong topic*
  • RenegadeX5
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 2016
    Also important, keep an eye on spaces. As the image below shows the small gaps are to separate letters while the ones that exceed the small ones (big ones) are to separate words. Atleast this is in theory how it works. the Big space is signed with "|" or"/"
    http://imgur.com/2nfpYgn