Will Leaderboards Make A Return?

CaptiainJAR
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Myself and many of my friends are world ranking in BF4, and still is a lot of fun competing against each other. Having leaderboards also gives you something to work toward once you have unlocked everything and reached max rank. I really hope that leaderboards make a return.

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6840 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I certainly hope not. Meaningless.
  • Alvonator
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Nah, leaderboards are nothing more than ego machines.

Useless and meaningless, as the poster above has already said.
  • LEGIONEOD
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Alvonator wrote: »

Agreed.
  • staRfckers
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2016
    People play for diffrent reasons, some people want competitive element, strive for achievements and challenges. Whats wrong with that? People like you guys can just ignore it if you don't like it. Fact is, what will make people keep playing this for the next years, "just for fun" wont cut it... Having 5 kd with 1600 spm is a big achievement, some people wants to reach that and wants others to see it. My guess is both of you guys are really bad players, so you consider leaderboards worthless because neither of you got anything to do there.

Just because you guys are super casual players doesn't mean everyone is. Without leaderboards and the lack of the progression in this game, it will be dead within a year.
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LEGIONEOD wrote: »

Agreed.

• staRfckers
    I'm glad DICE made you casuals happy.
  • LEGIONEOD
    449 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I couldn't care less either way but I just think leaderboards are useless and don't do anything except stroke players ego.
  • Alvonator
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    staRfckers wrote: »

So you are happy then?
  • staRfckers

So you are happy then?

There is no leaderboards, and casuals hate leaderboards. You hate leaderboards. You're happy. Not me.
  • staRfckers
    I couldn't care less either way but I just think leaderboards are useless and don't do anything except stroke players ego.

Yeah statistics are useless. Are you a caveman or something. It's fun to look at a statistic like say, how long your furthest headshot with a sniper was. What the hell is wrong with things like that? Nothing happens for you guys if they put leaderboards in, you can just ignore it. Because you don't care about it right? So Dice has a chance to make both sides happy instead of one.
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

From my point of view, what DICE did to "make casuals happy" was introduce leaderboards in the first place.

• staRfckers
    I understand that it's not fun to get exposed on the leaderboards as the scrubs you are. So ofcourse you guys think it's worthless. Man **** it, you guys would be even happier if there was no scoreboard in game even. That would be ideal for a battlefield game huh.
  • staRfckers
    fvmz wrote: »

From my point of view, what DICE did to "make casuals happy" was introduce leaderboards in the first place.

Yeah except that makes no sense.
  • LEGIONEOD
    edited October 2016
    Yeah statistics are useless. Are you a caveman or something. It's fun to look at a statistic like say, how long your furthest headshot with a sniper was. What the hell is wrong with things like that? Nothing happens for you guys if they put leaderboards in, you can just ignore it. Because you don't care about it right? So Dice has a chance to make both sides happy instead of one.

Like I said, I don't really care.
  • Alvonator

You just proved they are useless....

A statistic that tells you how long the furthest headshot was, is essentially useless.

It doesn't help your team nor does it make you a good player, as any moron could have done it accidentally. It is a number without value just like KDR.

And what the hell does "cavema" have to do with anything lol?
  • fvmz
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    fvmz wrote: »

Yeah except that makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense.

If you're a "casual" (your word, not mine), then what you have is a leaderboard. If you're a competitive player, then you compete.

• ZombieGodCocaCo
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Would really like to know the answer to this as well, also when will clan tags be released? Thanks to any who can supplie an answer
  • MarkYOLOWahlberg
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Oh because some people don't like the idea the ones who have stuck through can't get a feature.. **** casuals