Things confirmed in the last hour or so:

Vizionblind
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Server Browser
Weapon attachments authentic to the era
Dynamic vehicle damage model, which affects said vehicles for example destroying the wing of a plane
Various Navy vessels

Comments

• Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Source or get out :wink:
  • ChileanCat
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    by who?
    any source?
  • doctorrocktor
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    server browser is true dice comfimed this on twitter
  • xXRambotigerXx
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It was all confirmed on Twitter. As well as a few other things. Go check it out on their page @Battlefield
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    There was a Q&A session on Twitter with a dev who confirmed this.

Also, another tidbit was that certain stationary machine guns are going to be class weapons, so while not 100% authentic, they did it for fun and class balance
  • doctorrocktor
    1932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    also you will have different controls for each factions tanks,plus planes will take time to master this came from a person who had a behind the scenes gameplay invite.
  • Benethor92
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    Edit: Ignore, to slow ^^
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All this is excellent.
  • Peccath

Also, another tidbit was that certain stationary machine guns are going to be class weapons, so while not 100% authentic, they did it for fun and class balance

What does that mean? There are stationary machine guns around the map and only certain class can "enter" them? How about stationary AAs?
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Peccath wrote: »

What does that mean? There are stationary machine guns around the map and only certain class can "enter" them? How about stationary AAs?

Sorry, I explained it badly. Essentially there were weapons that weren't carried in WW1, they were stationary only. However, in the realm of fun and making kits equal, they made them so they are essentially LMG's that a class gets.
  • Peccath

Sorry, I explained it badly. Essentially there were weapons that weren't carried in WW1, they were stationary only. However, in the realm of fun and making kits equal, they made them so they are essentially LMG's that a class gets.

Ah, got it! :smiley:
  • xXRambotigerXx
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    That's pretty cool then. It will just add to the weaponry.
  • snavelaer
    1148 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's also a way to intrepret it.
    I thought he meant stationairy weapons such as heavy machine guns are scattered around the map.
    They can be used by every class.
    But certain class have these heavy machine guns as a weapon as well.

Poolshark what did you mean?
  • BadcuzTremysaid
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sweet one less thing people can keep spamming about
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If this is true, it's hilarious. What a joke. Everything has to be balanced. Why? For the 12 year olds. So your gonna be hauling around at running speed stationary weapons? Brilliant. WW1 my a**.

This game will be filled with 12 year olds. Good luck with that. If DICE goes this route, it will hurt. Many, many people are expecting near close to authentic WW1 as possible. When things like this start coming out, the interest will drop. It won't fail because of the setting, it will fail because of things like this.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    edited May 2016
    afnav130 wrote: »

If this is true, it's hilarious. What a joke. Everything has to be balanced. Why? For the 12 year olds. So your gonna be hauling around at running speed stationary weapons? Brilliant. WW1 my a**.

This game will be filled with 12 year olds. Good luck with that. If DICE goes this route, it will hurt. Many, many people are expecting near close to authentic WW1 as possible. When things like this start coming out, the interest will drop. It won't fail because of the setting, it will fail because of things like this.

We're still talking about video games and not some re-enactment event in the Appalachian Mountains, right? Just checking.
  • 1337Kph
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

We're still talking about video games and not some re-enactment event in the Appalachian Mountains, right? Just checking.

Then I suppose you won't mind me having JDAM and hydra missiles on a jet. Just a game, after all.
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Lordmang4 wrote: »

Then I suppose you won't mind me having JDAM and hydra missiles on a jet. Just a game, after all.

Whatever makes you happy. I'm hoping for lasers and particle cannons myself.
  • 1337Kph
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hahahahah have to say you surprised me there ;D
  • Lordmang4
    Hahahahah have to say you surprised me there ;D

I'm known for my creativity and pushing the envelope when it comes to gaming ideas. Of course, it rubbed some tryhard gamers the wrong way on the old Battlelog forums....