Regarding parachutes in WW1

Vizionblind
13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If there'll be parachutes in BF1, cool! However, I loved BC1 and it didn't have them, so I'm fine either way.
  • doctorrocktor
    1946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    im 50 50 on this yes it would be good to bail out but then would we get bail outs every time you got a few nicks,i would prefer to stay with my plane until it went down.i think to bail with a parachute is the easy way out.
  • trhashbrownies
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Parachutes in fighters aren't true to the era, I think a pilot should have to try to crash land his plain, or die.
  • CrimsoNSamurai98
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well that Shovel German had crutches, so.... :P
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Parachutes only for the pilot class that's required to fly aircraft. I don't want to see basic infantry parachuting off a second story building.
  • State0fFear
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Personally I think you should only get a parachute if you are a pilot class or spawn in a zeppelin
  • JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    No if you want to leave the plane you should have to commit suicide and the player who dealt the most damage should get credit for the kill. Also I hope you don't get your kit if you leave a plane just a pistol. Don't want vehicles to keep being wasted because someone wants to use it as a taxi.
  • spitfiresiemion
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    Well, in the end, I don't really mind pilots getting parachutes just so they aren't fully 'tied' to a vehicle. Leaving them with just a pistol after bailing out should be enough...
    Post edited by spitfiresiemion on
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    I would just assume that everyone gets a parachute.... cops and robbers don't have parachutes, yet look at hardline
  • Vespervin
    1368 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would just assume that everyone gets a parachute.... cops and robbers don't have parachutes, yet look at hardline

Seeing as you know a lot about this game, I'm going to assume this is confirmation that everyone has access to a parachute.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    Vespervin wrote: »

Seeing as you know a lot about this game, I'm going to assume this is confirmation that everyone has access to a parachute.

Nope, I actually don't know the answer to this one. I am just going off the fact that if hardline has them, all of them have them
  • Vespervin

Nope, I actually don't know the answer to this one. I am just going off the fact that if hardline has them, all of them have them

Dang.
  • Say_Hellr
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Wouldn't make sense considering they were issued till after the war...
  • Rev0verDrive
    6761 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yet, look at Vietnam. If I remember correctly infantry didn't have them.
  • DrVanNostrand1
    869 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    no parachutes
    Post edited by DrVanNostrand1 on
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I vote for only the pilot class having them to bail out of their aircraft.

This is the early 1900s so it's not like we're going to be jumping out of skyscrapers, therefore the average soldier shouldn't really need them. If you're in a 3 story building just run down the damn stairs.
  • ThePoolshark
    Say_Hellr wrote: »
    Wouldn't make sense considering they were issued till after the war...

But cops don't have parachutes, and they have them in Hardline

Also, they already stated they are taking some creative liberties in the name of fun and balance. I fully expect parachutes
  • GalaxyMix
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Parachutes only for the pilot class that's required to fly aircraft. I don't want to see basic infantry parachuting off a second story building.

THIS! I completely agree. So ridicules seeing infantry jumping off small building with parachutes. Please stop it, it hurts my brain.
  • afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

If they do then it's another aspect of the game ruined. How different would the fighting be if you couldn't jump out of buildings? I'm just adding up the nuggets we've been getting and it's not sounding good.

What's the number one thing people in media were saying about the reveal? Wow...WW1. That's awesome. No ones done it before. They actually thought it would be fairly authentic to WW1. Forms hat it seems the joke will be on them.

Now all I'm seeing is a reskinned BF4 and whining and complaining about optics, auto weapons, slow tanks, parachutes .....all things 12 year old want.

If Dice was smart a mass questionaire would be sent to the 12 year olds. Ask what they want in the next game...and promptly do the opposite.

Be the best game Dice ever made.
  • zePokar1
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2016
    afnav130 wrote: »

If they do then it's another aspect of the game ruined. How different would the fighting be if you couldn't jump out of buildings? I'm just adding up the nuggets we've been getting and it's not sounding good.

What's the number one thing people in media were saying about the reveal? Wow...WW1. That's awesome. No ones done it before. They actually thought it would be fairly authentic to WW1. Forms hat it seems the joke will be on them.

Now all I'm seeing is a reskinned BF4 and whining and complaining about optics, auto weapons, slow tanks, parachutes .....all things 12 year old want.

If Dice was smart a mass questionaire would be sent to the 12 year olds. Ask what they want in the next game...and promptly do the opposite.

Be the best game Dice ever made.

They also want Metro apparently. If only more people were into realism we'd be getting better games. Parachutes won't be as big of a deal I'am guessing. Maps won't be as vertical as they were in BF4.