Regarding parachutes in WW1

Comments

• afnav130
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    zePokar1 wrote: »
    afnav130 wrote: »
    I would just assume that everyone gets a parachute.... cops and robbers don't have parachutes, yet look at hardline

If they do then it's another aspect of the game ruined. How different would the fighting be if you couldn't jump out of buildings? I'm just adding up the nuggets we've been getting and it's not sounding good.

What's the number one thing people in media were saying about the reveal? Wow...WW1. That's awesome. No ones done it before. They actually thought it would be fairly authentic to WW1. Forms hat it seems the joke will be on them.

Now all I'm seeing is a reskinned BF4 and whining and complaining about optics, auto weapons, slow tanks, parachutes .....all things 12 year old want.

If Dice was smart a mass questionaire would be sent to the 12 year olds. Ask what they want in the next game...and promptly do the opposite.

Be the best game Dice ever made.

They also want Metro apparently. If only more people were into realism we'd be getting better games. Parachutes won't be as big of a deal I'am guessing. Maps won't be as vertical as they were in BF4.

I know. It's pathetic.
  • S1ngular1ty
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    No parachutes should be allowed. You all wanted WWI well now you have to die with your plane. Maybe next time you'll want a better setting for a game.
  • ThePoolshark
    2502 postsMember, Game Changer, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Game Changer
    No parachutes should be allowed. You all wanted WWI well now you have to die with your plane. Maybe next time you'll want a better setting for a game.

You are close to sounding like afnav above you....
  • S1ngular1ty

He must be brilliant then.
  • afnav130

No not brilliant. Just more in tune with reality than most here. Including a mod apparently.
  • JuveOG1105
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    afnav130 wrote: »

No not brilliant. Just more in tune with reality than most here. Including a mod apparently.

You're asking for to realistic of a game. That's not good for the community as a whole. I do agree no one should get parachutes. But seeing your posts on another thread I feel like you're taking it a bit far. Too realistic wouldn't be fun for anyone.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S1ngular1ty, you're just whining because the new game isn't 2143.

You couldn't handle a full on realistic and authentic ww1 game, nor any other historic or modern game. You couldn't handle bf4 realistic and authentic. I also don't hear you chiming away about parachutes and realism in the bl forums.

2143 will happen just not this year. I do hope though when it comes you're still adamant about realism and authenticity.
  • UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    If we're going with information based off of the actual tells of WWI then no, parachutes would not be a thing. And should not be. It makes being a pilot a very risky job to take up in the game. And all the more proving of their skill if they can manage to actually escape their plane when it goes down.

Keep them out, and especially don't give them to basic infantry. You fall out of the zeppelin, you're dead. It sucks but you'll respawn in 10 seconds anyways so no harm done but -10 points to your score for being clumsy.
  • TheButtCarcass
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    You can bail out of the plane but just don't bail on the match! Quit percentage is going to be in BF1 stats, too. Stat padders will be easy to spot. :3
  • S1ngular1ty
    edited May 2016

You couldn't handle a full on realistic and authentic ww1 game, nor any other historic or modern game. You couldn't handle bf4 realistic and authentic. I also don't hear you chiming away about parachutes and realism in the bl forums.

2143 will happen just not this year. I do hope though when it comes you're still adamant about realism and authenticity.

I figured out why you and others like WW1. You like it because it is "simple."

I think people don't like futuristic games because they lack imagination and can't handle learning new things.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I think people don't like futuristic games because they lack imagination and can't handle learning new things.

Really? I love every aspect and era of FPS, ww1 through modern. I'm currently mapping levels on the UE4 engine for Unreal Tournament 4. How much more futuristic do you want? I've mapped and modded for just about every AAA title that's worth a shart and then some. I play UT4 instagib and default League level, IGN Gamespy hosted. Played ever BF PC title except BF:CSS. I play CSS, CSS:GO, HL, HL2, and a **** tons of others. Pick your game! Light it up!

Every franchise needs to change it up here and there. BF happens to be one after 10 years of the same old same old. The markets changing. Get with it or get left behind.
  • S1ngular1ty
    Really? I love every aspect and era of FPS, ww1 through modern. I'm currently mapping levels on the UE4 engine for Unreal Tournament 4. How much more futuristic do you want? I've mapped and modded for just about every AAA title that's worth a shart and then some. I play UT4 instagib and default League level, IGN Gamespy hosted. Played ever BF PC title except BF:CSS. I play CSS, CSS:GO, HL, HL2, and a **** tons of others. Pick your game! Light it up!

Every franchise needs to change it up here and there. BF happens to be one after 10 years of the same old same old. The markets changing. Get with it or get left behind.

We haven't had a futuristic BF in a while since BF2142. So your entire point is moot.
  • UnderbossNiko
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

I don't like futuristic games because they themselves seem to lack imagination. It's nothing new, nothing exciting. It's taking advantage of 0-G and sci-fi tech suits. Halo did it, Dead Space did it. They won't be adding anything "new" or "imaginative" it's Call of Duty. Most people will probably buy it solely so they can play Modern Warfare.

This game is exciting because it's a step back from all that. Yes, simpler is a word one could use. But it's still new. It's something we don't get to see. Everyone and their grandmother can do modern warfare. And everyone and that one uncle can do Futuristic.
  • Rev0verDrive

We haven't had a futuristic BF in a while since BF2142. So your entire point is moot.

Yet you still disregard publishing and marketing from a "business" standpoint as a "moot" failsafe. SWBF and Titanfall 2. Case, point and done.

I'd be happy with 2143, Vietnam ( My personal choice), WW2, Korea, Cold War, hell 1982 (Chris's idea) just the same. Same level of hype and fervor. In all honesty I did want a pre-modern title first just to really introduce a bit of teamwork to the new gen BF player. You know like a guide to actually what BF is at the core about. I have a feeling you don't really know what that is. Squad up man. Invite is right there.

But hell being 42 and having over 20 solid years of multiplayer FPS experience doesn't mean anything.
  • afnav130

If you think it was simple you are out of your mind. I don't know how old you are, but go take a trip to Ypres or Verdun. Learn something then come back and say fighting with that type of weaponry was easy.

You just invalidated yourself for the final time with that statement. Simple.

Wow.

• MagyarMatt
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I hope there are no parachutes then the scrubs won't be able to plane taxi their way over to their favourite hill!
  • Peccath
    618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited May 2016
    MagyarMatt wrote: »
    I hope there are no parachutes then the scrubs won't be able to plane taxi their way over to their favourite hill!

The pilot class already takes care of that problem.
  • forthecandy
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Well... Parachutes were non existent for plane pilots for most of the war.. There were only few cases of parachuting at the end of the war and many of these still ended tragically.

And only central powers "used" parachutes on planes. Allies had none. They said that chutes were too heavy for the plane to carry and that pilot has to try everything to save the plane, not just bail out like a coward...

Only balloon observers used parachutes on regular basis for most of the war.

So I say - NO PARACHUTES... Not even for pilots. This would limit the plane use, so people would think twice before they take off, because they would be almost dead already.

BUT, I would make planes more sturdy and able to crash land even with some damage and with pilot surviving - because that happened quite a lot
  • King_of_Jimmies
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Parachutes should be issued to the pilot class, but the soldier should still take like say 50 damage if he bails with a parachute because they werent very safe during WW1. So that if he already took some damage he would die, or if he was healthy he would be easier to finish off. So it would be a rare thing to use. And instead safely crash landing would maybe award points, more points depending on if the plane is in "good" condition when crash landing, and it would maybe reduce the planes respawn time a little bit. I think that might be a good mechanic. And crash landing/landing in your base would fully repair the plane in a few seconds or something, depending on balance.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4752 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    They'll probably put parachutes in.

Its not like these planes are going to be as strong as jets in BF4. Far from it.
    It already seems like a bit of risk picking the pilot class (which i'm guessing would be far less useful on the ground) so why not allow them to bail out safely. It will surely be fairly easy to kill them if you are running any other class.

It may not be authentic, but it wont harm the game in any way. Unless you are a WW1 enthusiast, in which case you'll probably find many things to moan about.

This is a game.