Having trouble accessing the forums? Try logging out of the forums completely - clear cache, cookies, and temp files - then restart the browser and log in. Thanks!

South East Asia Servers

VanRodders
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
We had servers in south east asia for battlefield 3, 4 and hardline...

I am aware of the move to first party servers but why have we been left behind?

Comments

• drkgsy
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yes, we need SEA servers. Personally Im suffering from playing at 200ping on Japan servers.
  • Fui-DowN
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same with South Africa :( Absolutley loving the game but playing with 200 ping makes it frustrating. Hope we see servers soon, with how much this game costs there should be servers on Mars.
  • morne4444
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    Fui-DowN wrote: »
    Same with South Africa :( Absolutley loving the game but playing with 200 ping makes it frustrating. Hope we see servers soon, with how much this game costs there should be servers on Mars.

I contacted support and had them refund me for BF1, I love Battlefield and have been playing since Bad Company 2. I purpose built my pc for BF4 but I can't play the game like this. My best ping is 160 and worse was 690. Im also from South Africa
  • drkgsy
    edited October 2016
    morne4444 wrote: »
    Fui-DowN wrote: »

I contacted support and had them refund me for BF1, I love Battlefield and have been playing since Bad Company 2. I purpose built my pc for BF4 but I can't play the game like this. My best ping is 160 and worse was 690. Im also from South Africa

I mean it's a really good game, but with the connectivity issues, it's starting to upset me when I get killed behind walls. I really hope a community manager can reply in this thread to at least give us some answers to servers in SEA or South Africa.
  • Shouvik_XIII
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hope they will add servers in Singapore & Hong Kong soon. The way I see it, DICE had setups in current server locations and we saw DICE servers in these locations already during BF4 CTE; they might just have started off with these available locations.

Hope they have plan to expand in new regions soon or that would be totally frustrating.
  • M3teora
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hope they will add servers in Singapore & Hong Kong soon. The way I see it, DICE had setups in current server locations and we saw DICE servers in these locations already during BF4 CTE; they might just have started off with these available locations.

Hope they have plan to expand in new regions soon or that would be totally frustrating.

It should not be too much to ask for these servers to be available at launch rather than give them to us weeks later. It might be too little too late as a significant number of gamers in this region have refunded the game...
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    are SEA servers confirmed for rent or is it still speculation at this point? has there been ANY official response yet?
  • M3teora
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Actually, it shouldn't even be a question of whether Southeast Asian servers will be available for rent—the real question that we deserve at least the courtesy of a response from EA or DICE (via these "official" forums) is why aren't there any official DICE Southeast Asian servers in the first place at launch?
  • yamdaniel
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i am so lag playing bf1 on japen server in hk. EA should open HK , TW or Singapore server.
  • drkgsy
    @Braddock512 SEA servers are in demand, please release a status on it. Japan servers are pinging back to the SEA region.
  • StangV2_0
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Braddock512

Of there is just one question you can help us with its this one.

Will all the region's have their own dedicated servers?

Will SEA have their own server?

Will South Africa have their own server?
  • zkhil2
    guys a dev on Twitter said that SEA servers are unlikely. refund while you still can. spend your money elsewhere.
  • shoompon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    zkhil2 wrote: »
    guys a dev on Twitter said that SEA servers are unlikely. refund while you still can. spend your money elsewhere.

did you have like that dev tweet about it.
  • Tajaba-Oldman
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    holy ****........so no SEA server?
  • M3teora
    edited November 2016
    He didn't say unlikely, just no guarantees...

• shoompon
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    damn only hope is Rental Server feelsbadman.
  • zkhil2
    bump for awareness
  • M3teora
  • Everdying
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    M3teora wrote: »

the devs did a good job :wink:
  • drkgsy
    Bump for awareness