South East Asia Servers

Comments

• M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512

@EdRummers

It really is incredible that we are coming to almost a month since the game has become available (including Origin Access) and there has been zero information or response with regard to the availability of local servers in regions like Southeast Asia, South Africa and India. The majority of players in these regions are suffering from high pings and for myself, I have yet to enjoy a game of Operations as the matchmaking continuously puts me in servers with 200 ping. This is ruining the experience for all the affected players. Is it really too much to ask for a response regarding the availability of servers in Southeast Asia, South Africa and India? Are gamers in these regions being treated as second class citizens? In this day and age, the bare minimum for any Triple A game should be to have local servers (AT LAUNCH) in each respective region where the game is being sold. If there are no local servers, the game should NOT be published/sold in that region. Period.

I recall the exact same issue for Black Ops 2 back in 2012 where the game launched with no local servers whatsoever in Southeast Asia. I wasn't too surprised back then as it was Activision that we were talking about here. But DICE, a game developer that has been so loyal and faithful to its player base all these years, has finally crossed over to the dark side—completely ignoring fans/players in non-American regions such as Southeast Asia and South Africa. It really is a sad day for players in these regions. The fact that Titanfall 2 (another major EA title) HAS local servers for respective regions, is basically a slap in the face to all SEA/South African/Indian BF1 PC players.
  • drkgsy
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hopefully at least rent a server will be available for the SEA region
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bump, we still need official server of SEA region.
  • Tajaba-Oldman
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    holy ****........so no SEA server?
  • Huehueyyy
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Anyone know how to choose operation sever, every time i play operation mode i always have 200 to 300 ping.Sometim the sever is HongKong or Japan the ping is 100
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Huehueyyy wrote: »
    Anyone know how to choose operation sever, every time i play operation mode i always have 200 to 300 ping.Sometim the sever is HongKong or Japan the ping is 100

I have the same issue. The Operations matchmaking system is screwed up. Are you sure there are Hong Kong servers? As far as I know, the only Asian servers are in Japan.
  • ioish
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    PLEASE!!!
  • M3teora
  • thepixelninja
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I just remembered, during Open Beta, Origin Access 10-day First Play Trial and a week past launch, my ping was 70-90. Which would be comparable to other ISPs here in Singapore. Also today, I just came back from Singtel to exchange my router/modem, check that all my cat6 cables are in working condition and launched BF1 again. Same thing. 180-210ms.

Just occasionally will I come across 1 or maybe 2 servers with 80-100ms ping if I'm lucky. Speedtest will yield the same result. Some parts of Japan will give me 80-100ms while everything else will fall between 180-210ms. This is also true for BF4 Japan servers. So all in all, Singtel's connection to Japan is a big wh*rebag. Especially when majority of those servers are in cities where your ping would be 180-210ms.

Like everyone here, I'm hoping EA would provide dedicated servers based in SG for SEA. Dudes, we have the infrastructure to make it possible. I just don't know if the tech companies that own these infrastructure would make it a plausible business deal for EA to actually agree to give us a dedicated server based on what was offered to them. After all, it's business at the end of the day, which is why they probably told you not to put in too much hope. I mean come on, you know how greedy businesses can get. :/
  • Everdying
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    this is like going back to BF1942 / BF2 days in SG when only Fragnetics had the rights to host servers.
    now without anymore trusted GSP's around, the odds of having local servers imo seems very low.
  • thepixelninja
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    "3rd party servers to cease existing. Blame russians and hackers, 3rd party russian dealer/s sold the server files on the black market to the hackers, which then preceded to emulate the sever back end without origin and make more sophisticated cheats."

"This is not going to happen since the reason why dice decided to take them away in the first place was because of the server files being leaked."

- source: Reddit.

well **** bros....but it still goes back to who EA deals with in our region and how secure their servers are. That said, I'd go back to what I originally mentioned that we have the infrastructure here in Lion City. I love our community. We have our own as#hats ruining the game and being childish but most of the time, people are more legitimately competitive. I dare say our average players would give these youtubers (ahem Jackfrags, xfactor, matimio, levelcap...) a hard time making kill streaks. XD
  • thepixelninja
    Ok, this is just rambling but if Indonesia and Malaysia has 80-100ms to Japan, would this mean Singtel breached their service agreement? Seems to be the only ISP doing this. A HWZ forumer mentioned that Singtel does a roundtrip to HK before connecting to Japan, which explains why we have this kind of speeds.

And looking at this article: http://phys.org/news/2016-06-undersea-cable-us-japan.html

If my guessing is right, it appears that Singtel is suspicious of doing this 'roundtripping' to provide a sort of 'redundancy' to their connections and also releases them from most of the liabilities in case connections do fail. I mean, a direct line would be costly and be more vulnerable but you get the speed. I say it's smart business but end users aren't really getting what they pay for or what Singtel likes to advertise. A speedtest is as concrete an evidence as a bloody intranet and shouldn't be their advertised speeds, or least give us a disclaimer saying this is local speed only. Unless I missed out on a tiny little asterix in their claims.

sigh......du lan sia. Can't switch ISPs cuz I'm paying for mioTV for my old folks to watch.
  • M3teora
    Ok, this is just rambling but if Indonesia and Malaysia has 80-100ms to Japan, would this mean Singtel breached their service agreement? Seems to be the only ISP doing this. A HWZ forumer mentioned that Singtel does a roundtrip to HK before connecting to Japan, which explains why we have this kind of speeds.

And looking at this article: http://phys.org/news/2016-06-undersea-cable-us-japan.html

If my guessing is right, it appears that Singtel is suspicious of doing this 'roundtripping' to provide a sort of 'redundancy' to their connections and also releases them from most of the liabilities in case connections do fail. I mean, a direct line would be costly and be more vulnerable but you get the speed. I say it's smart business but end users aren't really getting what they pay for or what Singtel likes to advertise. A speedtest is as concrete an evidence as a bloody intranet and shouldn't be their advertised speeds, or least give us a disclaimer saying this is local speed only. Unless I missed out on a tiny little asterix in their claims.

sigh......du lan sia. Can't switch ISPs cuz I'm paying for mioTV for my old folks to watch.

Please call Singtel's CS and escalate this. They will refer you to the tech dept and you can "whack" them. The more people who call and complain, the more they will sit up and take notice.
  • JalTasty
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just one Singapore server please!
    My lowest ping is 180MS to Japan.

Please support your customers...
    AWS has instances in Singapore
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the reason why they did not host on some region is because the company that provide servers for BF1 does not have any infrastructure around some region. I really hope it's not the case but if it is then we're likely not going to get any SEA server even when rental server program is up.
  • 1XxCyriusxX1
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If there is still no SEA servers, we should all come together to ask for a refund. If they fail to provide servers for us then I don't think it is right for us to support their game any longer. At this day and age its really disheartening to know that the population of SEA and South Africa have to worry about server issues for these blockbuster games.
  • thepixelninja
    M3teora said:

Please call Singtel's CS and escalate this. They will refer you to the tech dept and you can "whack" them. The more people who call and complain, the more they will sit up and take notice.

Yea cuz BETA and launch was fine with <100ms ping. I'm not sure how calling Singtel would change this seeing how most people would rather complain than take action. I had my modem replaced and my ONT checked last week when I called tech support for my latency spikes and also asked them about the 190-200ms ping I'm getting to Japan and the tech couldn't really answer as it's well beyond his scope. The same for those you call. You'd have to get hold of someone with a key position for things like this. Or maybe we could post something on their Facebook and let people know of it. Still, it has to be objective and less about 'kicking and screaming'. What would you suggest? I'm open for anything to make this better.
  • M3teora

M3teora said:

Yea cuz BETA and launch was fine with <100ms ping. I'm not sure how calling Singtel would change this seeing how most people would rather complain than take action. I had my modem replaced and my ONT checked last week when I called tech support for my latency spikes and also asked them about the 190-200ms ping I'm getting to Japan and the tech couldn't really answer as it's well beyond his scope. The same for those you call. You'd have to get hold of someone with a key position for things like this. Or maybe we could post something on their Facebook and let people know of it. Still, it has to be objective and less about 'kicking and screaming'. What would you suggest? I'm open for anything to make this better.</p>
    I called Singtel CS initially, a few weeks back and eventually my case was escalated to their tech side. They still require the CS person to liaise with you (i.e. be the middleman) but at least they are aware of this issue and from there, we can determine if they are able to take steps to improve our pings to Japan. Its quite ridiculous that virtually every other internet service provider can offer decent pings for its customer, and Singtel can't...
  • thepixelninja
    Mind sharing what you highlighted to them? I might give them a call again and share any updates.
  • M3teora

Mind sharing what you highlighted to them? I might give them a call again and share any updates.

Just basically the fact that we are getting ridiculously high latencies on the japan servers and it clearly is unacceptable when competitors like Starhub, M1, MyRepublic etc. can provide better results to its customers. Threaten to move to competitor...