This Week in Battlefield V

South East Asia Servers

Comments

• thepixelninja
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    M3teora said:

Mind sharing what you highlighted to them? I might give them a call again and share any updates.

Just basically the fact that we are getting ridiculously high latencies on the japan servers and it clearly is unacceptable when competitors like Starhub, M1, MyRepublic etc. can provide better results to its customers. Threaten to move to competitor...
    thanks. i'll get back here and update this post when i've contacted them. everyone else on singtel should do the same.
  • Touchlined
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bumlllpp
  • thepixelninja
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Guys, also go @SingtelSupport on Twitter to escalate this matter. I think it's clear now that Singtel is a major culprit. Help me bump this post. Thanks and best of luck for us all.
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We're in mid November i'm patiently waiting for rental server news.
  • thepixelninja
    SingTel subscribers in Singapore, use this form to escalate the matter.

http://info.singtel.com/personal/fb-contact-us?dispatcher=302
  • MrcZ_Zetsu
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield has a loyal fanbase in SEA and South Asia region. But I feel like DICE has betrayed us. Way to neglect your customers.
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    so today are we getting SEA servers?
  • _MwG_StangV2_0
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zkhil2 wrote: »
    so today are we getting SEA servers?

I hope you do because then maybe we will then get SA servers.
  • bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, the new patch is live, and there are no new server locations to choose from. The rental server program still isn't live, so we'll just have to see how much choice there is in location. I get the feeling that we will just be renting servers in the places where the official servers already are, and that we will still be left out in the cold.
  • SteadyFlow
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So rental servers is finally here (according to patch notes) .!! Anyone rented a server in SAE yet .. how is it ??
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    FYI

Ali is one of the DICE devs involved in the Rental Server Program. The petition in question is:

https://www.change.org/p/daniel-berlin-ea-battlefield-1-privately-hosted-servers
  • bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    SteadyFlow wrote: »
    So rental servers is finally here (according to patch notes) .!! Anyone rented a server in SAE yet .. how is it ??

It doesn't appear to be live yet. Nothing available to buy in the store.
  • bardeh
    edited November 2016
    I asked if we could rent Singapore-based servers in the server rental program starting today.

Well, that settles it. No SEA servers for now. :(
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If he means that they will be adding servers for Singapore later, that's good news. The only question is when? We have been patiently waiting for a month now....
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Really? So they're not adding SEA region when rental servers launch? Not officially supporting some region is already bad and now they're not going to provide some regions at the program's launch. We're in 2016 and providing a server for these regions shouldn't be a problem. Smh
  • thepixelninja
    Rolling out in locations where official servers are will give them some feedback as to how the user experience will be like. Hopefully it won't take them too long or worse, something bad happens and they decided it's best for them to stop renting out servers. Eg. If hackers still manage to run their injectors on rented servers and the developers have no way to prevent it even with the measures taken currently ie. this fiasco.
  • Zoros3112
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Time to refund this **** game..ain't fun for me playing with 150+ping on JAPANESE server as infy..keep dying behind cover and stuff....back to bf4 yay
    Post edited by Zoros3112 on
  • MidgetForce
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump for support and notification. I think its very ridiculous to not have local server support. I'm from Malaysia and playing on Japanese servers is a horrible experience. Im gonna wait for a few weeks more. If by December, there are still no SG or SEA servers, im gonna refund the game and say goodbye to Battlefield for good.
  • Jepettoo
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its still possible to get a refund, bought game before release and just got my refund for the game. No SEA servers and all the lies are unacceptable, it was no issue to get the refund. So do the same and all refund the game
  • Shouvik_XIII
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am not refunding yet, but I won't join back either until we got a SEA server.