Weekly Debrief

South East Asia Servers

Comments

• bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The thing that annoys me the most, is WHY don't they at least acknowledge our concerns? Why can't someone drop in here and tell us that they're aware of our issues? Give us a rough timeline on when we might get new server locations, or be able to rent them in different locations. Why just completely ignore us?
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    M3teora wrote: »
    @xTc-Darkon
    @M3teora
    @StangV2_0

I'm working on getting that answer for you. However, spamming me on Twitter or repeatedly posting in the thread - I can only give information that I have authorization to release. I don't have anything yet, but I can assure you this is a TOP priority with, not just the team, but various teams within EA. When I do have something to share - hopefully very soon - I'll share it.
    -Braddock512-

There was a response from Brad... We just need to be a little more patient now I guess

This was from the RSP Questions thread...
  • thepixelninja
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RSP is up, there are servers already rented (BFVN, TIF, Bili, etc.) but they're all still based in Japan. No SEA servers yet. I'm not sure if it's the same for our South African bros.
  • BFSG_BlueBulb
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    we need Singapore server..
  • 3s2ng
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is driving me crazy. WTF is dice/EA doing? Rental server in Asia is also located in Japan?
  • HadiIsUrHero
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    Come on DICE here in Singapore we have a good handful of TIER 4 Data Center just jump the gun an invest in one. So the SEA pacific people will be happy. I am getting pissed with planes rubber banding at high pings.
  • Bank275
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still to this day, I can't enjoy a game of Operations. Why's EA just ignoring these major parts of the world??
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    Neither can we (those affected) enjoy the new hardcore and fog of war game modes during this "wonderful" week of Battlefest.....

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/celebrate-battlefield-in-a-new-battlefest
  • KongKK
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump

If this issue isnt fixed soon then i guess ill be leaving this franchise for good too.
    Played since bad company 2. Which triple A game even fails at providing servers nowadays. -.-
    Disappointed...
  • M3teora
    edited November 2016
    Level's video:

Jack's video:

Appreciate the shoutout with regard to the massive issue (i.e. lack of local servers) being faced by South Africa, Southeast Asia and Middle East right now. The question is, will more people sit up to take notice and all importantly, will DICE or EA do something about this?
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Zoros3112
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    So they are just goin to keep quiet about this issue or what????no update nothing at all!!!! At least let us refund this bloody game!!!!!
  • Art_Nobunaga
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gave up on EA and DICE trying to fix the high ping from SEA players ZZZZzzz
  • ShinyDemon
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pretty rude Dice.

You guys should have a twitter campaigner.
  • Badnewsbadger
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I feel for you players in Asia and Africa but for EA not even give you an update is pretty telling to how they view you as their customers. It's obvious they don't view you in any importance at all and I would do what I can to get as many refunds as possible. Only way it will change is if it hurts their bottom line.

I see the CM took time to shut down the question thread as his feelings must have been getting hurt from people asking why he lied about his post to get us more info this week but he has no time to address your concerns. Pretty disgusting.

BF1 is the last title I will buy from EA, the Battlefront screw job was step one (should have learned from that), BF1 was nail # 2. You won't fool me again EA. Your lack of communication is appalling.
  • TheNewR3bel
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    DICE should redo battlefest IF and only IF THEY bother add severs for SEA and SA. They claim that severs for us are top priority but have the cheek to spend the time making a completely useless rent a sever program and hosting what is supposed to be a major event while too many people are still suffering 200ping. This is a Goddamn outrage and downright insensitive move. I have quit battlefield 1. But I at least hope that DICE will still spare a thought for those that still bother with the game while playing at 200 ping. This is the last battlefield I will be buying or playing. I'm just glad I'm the one who took the bullet so my friends don't have to suffer by buying the game. And if they don't add the severs, then I can safely say that their plan is to slowly kill off the communities in affected regions so there ARE no players left to cater to so they can give the excuse of "There are only maybe a hundred players in these regions. There is no reason for us to host severs." And you can bet that the rest of the community will suck it up like animals.
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    what is the point battlefest? there is not even a single server with fog of war, hardcore, or even operations sometimes in my region. Quick play always puts me in France for some reason, server browser doesnt have operations.. why are we forced to play only half the game when we too paid full price (in my case EA access + deluxe edition)
  • Art_Nobunaga
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really just hope they give a Singapore server which will be better ping for other countries as well.
  • Zoros3112
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bumpppppp
  • Pvt-SlimShady
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    we need SEA server!
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    why is so dice so incompetent when communicating? they can just say YES or NO for if we are ever going to get SEA servers. So that atleast we can move on to other games or go back to BF4 or whatever. This lack of communication is honestly insulting and just goes to show how much they care about their paying customers. Learnt my lesson with BF1, never supporting EA again.