This Week in Battlefield V

South East Asia Servers

Comments

• bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    They have been communicating....on Reddit and Twitter. Who knows why they haven't responded here, on their own forums. Apparently they're 'looking into it' and should have news 'soon'.
  • Art_Nobunaga
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Already been over a month hope it's sooner than later this is getting ridiculous.
  • Zirenyth
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    zkhil2 wrote: »
    why is so dice so incompetent when communicating? they can just say YES or NO for if we are ever going to get SEA servers. So that atleast we can move on to other games or go back to BF4 or whatever. This lack of communication is honestly insulting and just goes to show how much they care about their paying customers. Learnt my lesson with BF1, never supporting EA again.

why would dice/ea say "NO" if they actually did come out with such a statement who in the right mind would buy the game still? Am i right mr @Braddock512 ?
  • Braddock512
    1289 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    bardeh wrote: »
    they're 'looking into it' and should have news 'soon'.

Correct.
    -Braddock512-
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2016
    bardeh wrote: »
    they're 'looking into it' and should have news 'soon'.

Correct.
    -Braddock512-

Soon = days, weeks or months? =/
  • Zoros3112
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    zkhil2 wrote: »
    why is so dice so incompetent when communicating? they can just say YES or NO for if we are ever going to get SEA servers. So that atleast we can move on to other games or go back to BF4 or whatever. This lack of communication is honestly insulting and just goes to show how much they care about their paying customers. Learnt my lesson with BF1, never supporting EA again.

why would dice/ea say "NO" if they actually did come out with such a statement who in the right mind would buy the game still? Am i right mr @Braddock512 ?

very true
  • FutureJustin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Long time BF fan, and finally we get a WWI game (something I've secretly wanted to happen for years). As much as I want to like this game, the 200+ ping is really silly. It's restricted the way I play the game - I can't round corners and expect to survive, because once I see the enemy, I'm already dead.

I hope we get something, some form of indication that action will be taken, to give SEA, SA and the middle east their own servers. I really, really want to like this game, but if DICE continues to stall with their answer, I'll probably have to leave the franchise for good. As will thousands of previously loyal fans. It didn't have to come to this. Just answer us already, I don't want to give up on BF.
  • HadiIsUrHero
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    I really hope someone in DICE could really voice up to EA into getting them to agree on implementing 3rd party host server instead of just using official EA servers. If this continues you guys are losing alot of support from Singapore,Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and also our fellow neighbours from India,China and Hong Kong. Saddly THIS was one of the reason i lost intrest within less than a month on Battlefront cause of high pings. The same fate will come to BF1 if this continues.
  • Zoros3112
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bumppppp
  • Noesome
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    UP, we need SINGAPORE servers, DICE. Make us enjoy BF1 more.

You have EA Singapore, right? Do it!
  • ShinyDemon
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Wakey wakey hands off snakey
  • MidgetForce
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Bump for SEA server!! Please add singapore servers
  • bardeh
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    We're getting Hong Kong servers, which isn't as good as Singapore servers but is at least better than Japanese/Australian ones.
  • requad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hi All,

I am very happy to announce that we will be deploying official DICE online game servers for the following regions in early 2017:

South Africa
    Middle East
    Hong Kong

These are but the first steps in our ongoing effort to keep supporting Battlefield 1 and our community.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are listening.

Alexander “Striterax” Hassoon
    Live Producer

Where the hell is sg server
  • zkhil2
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Who even asked for HK servers?? Its like Dice is completely ignoring the entire SEA community. Every major online game has SG servers, its just sad that the most hyped game of 2016 is such a failure when it comes to respecting its player base
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Be careful bumping, they warned the Africa Servers thread about that and said if it happens again they will close the thread.

Onto another note, @Braddock512 says "Soon™" a lot these days and then nothing happens :wink:
  • WickedM0NK3Y
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Have hope gents, they are expanding the server locations. Make enough noise so that they do NOT forget you and add you to this list!!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/67441/battlefield-1-server-locations/p1#Head
  • M3teora
    177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Happy for South Africa and Middle East but we were hoping for SOUTHEAST ASIAN Servers... for the benefit of countries in that region such as Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Singapore..... SG would have been a perfect location
  • VaultFalcone
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welp, looks like we ain't going to get SEA server till at least mid 2017 (maybe). At least we'll be getting lower ping on Hong Kong server, how sad this turns out to be.
  • vdvong
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been getting 70ms ping which is playable until today where it fluctuated like mad to even 900+ms, can EA please look into this? I'm playing from Singapore connecting to Japan server